“Tired but comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Crestview, Florida
“Tired but comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

As I was heading up in the elevator for the first time, what I noticed first was that everything looked a little tired and worn. Unfortunately that impression lasted all the way into the room as well. However as I settled in it was all very comfortable and functional. So while it did look a little dated, I wouldn't want something changed to something that might not be as good. I slept like a baby and the staff was super friendly. They never seemed inconvenienced at anything I asked. I even asked a few to come on home with me!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hello Tamara-LLTS,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. We will definitely send your comments of the property being a little worn to our executive management team so they can further review and make necessary changes for a more beautiful stay. We are thrilled our staff provided you with great service and resulting in an amazing experience. I will be sure to recognize our staff on this positive feedback and we hope you will join us again on your next visit to Fairfax.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just got back from attendng a conference held at the Hyatt Fairax. The accomodations were excellent. I often used the market to eat breakfast in the morning. The products there were of great quality and reasonsbly priced. This allowed me to enjoy my stay, without worrying about my budget. If I had any questions or problems, Emma, Rebecca, or any other member of the hotel front desk staff, readily handled it. You should all be proud of the outstanding job you do!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hi Fredd38,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed the delicious breakfast served in our NoVa Grill. Emma and Rebecca will be recognized for the excellent service you experienced during your visit. We take great pride with ensuring our guest's needs are taken care of. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to our city!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay (sorry- I forgot to take pics). The entrance and lobby area are large and welcoming with comfortable chairs to lounge in. Asim was the front desk representative who completed our check in and check out. He is extremely kind and made sure that we were situated. The large room was very clean and was equipped with a sofa, coffee table, desk, chair, and island bar separating the living area from the bed/bath area. The windows in both areas of the room provided better light that the actual light fixtures. The bed and pillows were large and very comfortable. The bathroom has the toilet and tub, separate from the sink area. I will definitely choose this hotel again if I'm in the DC/VA region.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear MsAdinah,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your weekend getaway. Asim will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. Hyatt takes great pride with this. Our Hyatt Grand Beds are very comfortable and relaxing. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back again!

Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We just checked in and requested adjoining rooms or connecting because we have our 2 children. We checked in and were given 2 rooms about 10 rooms away. The room next to out kids was not occupied Nd was being cleaned. No reason they could not have give us that room. Aside from the inconvenience of being seperated the rooms and beds were very long in the tooth. "Nice for old and tired". Carpets really need to be replaced along with the furniture. This will be out last stay with this Hyatt!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Fairfax for 4 days in August 2013 in connection with a conference. The staff was friendly and customer-service oriented. The only minor problem I encountered at check-in was resolved quickly by Rebecca -- a Front Desk Associate who was top-notch. The facilities are well-maintained and the guest rooms are comfortable and spacious. The meeting rooms were above average and Gabrielle, the Events Manager, was on top of her game in making certain everything ran smoothly from start to finish. It was my second time attending a conference at this property and I look forward to returning. The property also is conveniently located close to stores and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to be so friendly and eager to assist. It is fantastic that Rebecca was able to solve the challenge you encountered so quickly. I’m glad that you found the room to be well-appointed, comfortable and spacious. I will make sure that Gabrielle is recognized for providing such excellent service and making sure that the conference ran smoothly. We will look forward to welcoming you back again for your next conference.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was my first time taiking my family with me on a conference that was being held at the Hyatt, The staff really made us feel special! from the time we first arrived (Front Desk Staff) to the last day we were treated like kings. Customer service was OUTSTANDING. The Cleaning staff, Room service, the shuttle driver that picks you up and drops you off at the surrounding shopping centers, the staff in re hotel cafe & Bar and the Manager & staff that was incharge of the conference rooms, & food blew us away to the point of we are thinking of making the big move to VA from New York, If you are looking for a place to hold an event or looking for a place to stay while in VA. Check out the Hyatt at Fair Lakes! Thank you for an outstaning time.

Hi Rick M,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the service our employees provided during your visit. They will be recognized for this. Your comments about the delicious meals served during your conference, will be provided to our Director of Food & Beverage. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is my second year attending a conference at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. I expected that the stay would be as pleasant as it was in 2012. When I checked in, I had a problem with the correct information sent by my event planner. The problem was quickly resolved by the extremely polite and professional front desk assistant Rebecca. That set the bar for the service I expected from the rest of the staff at the hotel. I was not let down by any means, in one word the stay was “Awesome”.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. I am delighted to hear how accommodating Rebecca was for your reservation details upon your arrival. She will be recognized for the wonderful service provided. I hope you will continue to stay with us during your conferences in the future.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!