“Weekend Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
New York City, New York
“Weekend Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay (sorry- I forgot to take pics). The entrance and lobby area are large and welcoming with comfortable chairs to lounge in. Asim was the front desk representative who completed our check in and check out. He is extremely kind and made sure that we were situated. The large room was very clean and was equipped with a sofa, coffee table, desk, chair, and island bar separating the living area from the bed/bath area. The windows in both areas of the room provided better light that the actual light fixtures. The bed and pillows were large and very comfortable. The bathroom has the toilet and tub, separate from the sink area. I will definitely choose this hotel again if I'm in the DC/VA region.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear MsAdinah,

Thank you for going out of your way to provide feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your weekend getaway. Asim will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced. Hyatt takes great pride with this. Our Hyatt Grand Beds are very comfortable and relaxing. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back again!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We just checked in and requested adjoining rooms or connecting because we have our 2 children. We checked in and were given 2 rooms about 10 rooms away. The room next to out kids was not occupied Nd was being cleaned. No reason they could not have give us that room. Aside from the inconvenience of being seperated the rooms and beds were very long in the tooth. "Nice for old and tired". Carpets really need to be replaced along with the furniture. This will be out last stay with this Hyatt!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Fairfax for 4 days in August 2013 in connection with a conference. The staff was friendly and customer-service oriented. The only minor problem I encountered at check-in was resolved quickly by Rebecca -- a Front Desk Associate who was top-notch. The facilities are well-maintained and the guest rooms are comfortable and spacious. The meeting rooms were above average and Gabrielle, the Events Manager, was on top of her game in making certain everything ran smoothly from start to finish. It was my second time attending a conference at this property and I look forward to returning. The property also is conveniently located close to stores and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to be so friendly and eager to assist. It is fantastic that Rebecca was able to solve the challenge you encountered so quickly. I’m glad that you found the room to be well-appointed, comfortable and spacious. I will make sure that Gabrielle is recognized for providing such excellent service and making sure that the conference ran smoothly. We will look forward to welcoming you back again for your next conference.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was my first time taiking my family with me on a conference that was being held at the Hyatt, The staff really made us feel special! from the time we first arrived (Front Desk Staff) to the last day we were treated like kings. Customer service was OUTSTANDING. The Cleaning staff, Room service, the shuttle driver that picks you up and drops you off at the surrounding shopping centers, the staff in re hotel cafe & Bar and the Manager & staff that was incharge of the conference rooms, & food blew us away to the point of we are thinking of making the big move to VA from New York, If you are looking for a place to hold an event or looking for a place to stay while in VA. Check out the Hyatt at Fair Lakes! Thank you for an outstaning time.

Hi Rick M,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the service our employees provided during your visit. They will be recognized for this. Your comments about the delicious meals served during your conference, will be provided to our Director of Food & Beverage. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is my second year attending a conference at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. I expected that the stay would be as pleasant as it was in 2012. When I checked in, I had a problem with the correct information sent by my event planner. The problem was quickly resolved by the extremely polite and professional front desk assistant Rebecca. That set the bar for the service I expected from the rest of the staff at the hotel. I was not let down by any means, in one word the stay was “Awesome”.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. I am delighted to hear how accommodating Rebecca was for your reservation details upon your arrival. She will be recognized for the wonderful service provided. I hope you will continue to stay with us during your conferences in the future.

Safe travels,

Wharton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt FairFax in Fair Lakes for seven days with my 13yr old son. All staff was very accomodateing. Rebecca went above and beyond to make our stay the best stay we have ever experience at a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
It is fantastic to hear that you and your son had an outstanding experience at our property. I will be sure Rebecca is commended for her service. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stay at this property every month due to business travel and have come to depend on them to make this my "home base" when traveling to that area. Although I think some of the rooms could use a bit of refreshing and updating, the reason I gave a 5 rating is because the staff are some of the best I've dealt with...they are consistently friendly and helpful. I mean not just one or two, but everyone from the front desk to the dining staff to the bartenders to the managers are all extremely friendly and professional. It's amazing what great customer service training can do! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for making Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes you home away from home when traveling on business. I am so happy to hear that find the service to be exceptional. Your kind words regarding the staff and their service are greatly appreciated. Your continued loyalty and recommendation are our biggest compliment. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!