“Customer Service is lacking” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Wasilla, Alaska
“Customer Service is lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at hotel for a recent conference, overall hotel is decent in good location, rooms are a good size and clean. The real issue with this hotel is the customer service, prices for breakfast 19 dollars for not alot, the free hotel shuttle is a joke they will tell it is reserved but doesn't move when you have people staying at your hotel for a conference you should probably try to get them to come back not have them look elsewhere for the next conference. Ya and getting anything from the store in the hotel you need to take a loan out 2.50 for a candy bar 2.00 dollars for a jelly roll. the bar food is good but a miller light is 4.50 and that is draft. again clean hotel but the service will leave you wondering how Hyatt lets them use the name.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Apopka, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was in that hotel a complete week with my daughter that she is 12 years old. People in the hotel was so friendly with us. The installation are so cleaned and they have to be really happy there because you can see that they take ownership. Mark took us twice to the metro station with the hotel shuttle. He was so helpful, advising us with way to get around, place to visit.
The food was excellent.
The only that they need to improve is to have more shuttle for the customer to move to the metro station. Any things else. We love it. And we will back there next year.

Room Tip: The whole hotel is quiet and wonderful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I’m so glad you found the cleanliness of the hotel to your liking and that the staff was able to offer personalized service. I’ll be sure that Mark gets recognized for his service that stood out to you so well. I’m happy to hear your dining experience was enjoyable as well. I’ll be sure to note your observation that we could have used more transportation to the metro. Hopefully we’ll be able to welcome you back to Hyatt in your future travels.

Evan V – A Guest Relations Associate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My two daughters and I spent one week in the Hyatt at Fair Lakes in which we really enjoyed their friendly staff and room services. We appreciated the fact that it was located near major stores and buisnesses. The staff was incredibly proffesional and catered to our every needs.

• Stayed August 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing such thoughtful feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am thrilled you found Rebecca and Tony to be very friendly and helpful. I will be sure they are recognized for their top notch service. It is great to read that you had an excellent stay. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes in the future!

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I want to thank the staff at Hyatt Fairfax for their wonderful customer service. We came to the DC area for a funeral and the staff made our stay there enjoyable. Everyone ws so nice and friendly and helped us in any way they could. The bar tender on Aug. 29 was a very nice young woman who always had a smile on her face. The front desk personel printed maps of driving directions and always welcomed us back to the hotel and also helped in any way they could. The housekeeping staff was wonderful too. The rooms were very clean and they always asked if we needed extra towels or if there was anything else we needed. I would highly recomend the Hyatt to anyone.

Room Tip: I think any room was nice. We had a block of 10 rooms for family and they were all clean and very co...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my condolences for your loss. Your kind words regarding the staff and their service is greatly appreciated. We have an amazing staff that takes great pride in their work and wants to ensure our guests have everything they need to make for a memorable experience. Thank you for your recommendation; it is our biggest compliment. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the future!

Newton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel was very close to my business meeting location. The room was excellent. The staff was outstanding, professional, and personable. Have stayed at this location three times now and have always received great service. It is very easy to reach I-66. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Great social spaces. I would highly recommend the hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recommendation; it is greatly appreciated. I am honored you continue to make Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes your go to property for your business travel. It is great to hear that you find the service to be outstanding and the rooms to be excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future!

King, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A great place to stop and spend a few nights. Room was clean, quiet, and the staff was very great, personal and professional. Parking was free and convenient. There were plenty of restaurants in the area, and some shopping close by if you're into that type of stuff. Nice area for friends to gather and have some social time together. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi Dwight D,

Thank you for providing comments with regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time as our guest. Our associates will be recognized for the professional service provided to you. Your referral is greatly appreciated. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Fairfax.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Fairfax as it was very close to where we were having a training course. I found that the staff in the Hyatt were extremely friendly and helpful, and especially those working on the front desk. The room I had was on the 10th floor and was nice and quiet so I was well able to recover from my long haul flight. The room was clean and was nice and comfortable.

It's close to Dulles as well (taxi was $30) but not so close to any public transport. A Taxi to and from the Metro was costing around the $25 mark each way so that was an added expense that we didn't foresee in our trip planning.

There is a shuttle service available but it need to be booked early and we managed to use the service for a very local trip to a restaurant but it was not available for us in the mornings when we needed to get to the metro.

As a base for my training course in Fair Lakes I though it was excellent but as a center or a base for tourists wanting to get about without any rental car or transport of their own it is not ideal. There was also a lack of any visitor information leaflets in the lobby (metro maps, city maps, amenities, attractions etc..) A few of these would certainly have helped me choose a tour as the city of DC is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: The higher the room the quieter or so it seemed when i stayed.