“Outstanding Personal, VIP Service and Treatment!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spa Package
Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Columbia, South Carolina
“Outstanding Personal, VIP Service and Treatment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I travel quite often for business, and am accustomed to a certain sense of familiarity and friendliness in hotels that I frequent regularly. I was pleasantly surprised to recieve the same sense of comfort at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes during my 5-day stay. This was an unusual trip, as I was also traveling with my 11 year-old son. I felt as though the staff (Particularly Theresa King) genuinely had an earnest interest in our enjoyment of our stay and were vying for our return. This will absolutely be a "Regular" spot when my travels bring me to Northern VA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hi Itzyourmove2,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent visit to our Hyatt Fairfax at Fairlakes. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the personalized service during your stay. Our employees will be recognized for the excellent service. Hyatt takes great pride with this. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This Hyatt is a hidden Gem in the Fairfax area, has recently been upgraded in the Bar and Lounge area The Staff and GM are very great in taking care of their visitors, location is great if you are doing business in D.C , Fairfax or Chantilly .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for such thoughtful feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff and GM to be great. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

A great staff and solid food and beverage offerings make up for the isolated location. There are shops and restaurants in walking distance, about a half-mile, but otherwise you really need a car. There is a bus that will take you to the end of the subway system but it's at least 30 - 45 minutes to get to anywhere you want to be in DC.

The rooms are nice, there is a business center and gym that are both adequately stocked. The large open lobby includes the bar which was a decent place to hang out for several nights while I attended a conference on property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Great
Awesome Front desk staff!!! Very nice. Genuinely interested in taking care of guests.

Check in was fairly simple since there was no one else in the lobby, and I'd already taken advantage of their online check in.... I actually messed up the process by asking for a different room than what the system assigned me prior to check in. Problem with the online check in is that the system pays no attention to your special requests.... I asked for a room on a high floor. It assigned me a room on the 2nd floor.

They did give us a fridge for free. It's usually a $15 /day fee which I think is outrageous.
Great view from upper level room.

Restaurant staff was also very helpful. Choung (?) sat and talked with my 7yr old daughter and her friend for several minutes. Very personable. Also the french toast was quite dry not long after breakfast started so he had some fresh ones brought right out. Very good and tasty.

Bathroom in the room was surprisingly good. I thought I'd find all sorts of problems after seeing the rather mundane bedroom area but it was ok.

The Disappointing
The rooms are definitely outdated compared to the lobby. I wouldn't call it run down at all but definitely a few steps down from the VERY nicely renovated lobby. Several scratches on furniture.

Many reviewers said these rooms are spacious. I thought that they were surprisingly small.
Recommend the management invest in a couple of new luggage carts. The ones they have seen better days... quite beat up. Doesn't leave a good impression.

The Ugly
Pool area looks ALOT more inviting online than it actually is. Obviously not well kept or recently renovated. Made me think I was in a totally different hotel! The ceiling panels in the pool room were cracked and broken, several were missing. Not a good look! What hotel doesn't do some general maintenance to prepare for the busy upcoming pool season?
And can you say FILTHY FLOORS?! The pool itself was fine but the sitting area was horrible. Literally dirt and hair all over the floor. It was there the night we went and also the next morning when we came again. I know it's a big hotel but can the housekeeping Staff spend just a few minutes paying attention to the pool?

Also has very few chairs. Didn't seem that important when me, my daughter and her friend were there alone but as the evening wore on additional people came in and it was painfully obvious how small and unequipped the pool area is. I would HATE to be here on a busy vacation week!

Lastly, we had a very weird and rather disgusting issue when we asked for extra blankets and the housekeeping staff brought two blankets that we dubbed ‘homeless blankets’ because they looked like the hotel staff yanked them off of homeless people before bringing them to us. They were DISGUSTING! We of course immediately rejected them but thought maybe there was something illegal about hotels handing out blankets that disgusting looking. Thankfully Rebecca (awesome front desk, NOT rude housekeeping) brought us 2 brand new down blankets after we brought it to her attention.

Overall I really don’t think we’ll return

Room Tip: Upper level rooms not facing the ongoing construction
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

All staff members were really nice and helpful. We were happy to know that Rebecca (front desk ) knew how use sign language for deaf. so we can communiate very well Thank you Rebecca.
very nice housekeeping and close to restaurant and shopping.
we were there for my daugthers wedding so all my families and friends enjoyed staying there.
we love the bed matteress and pillows. we slept good! Please give me the name of matteress and pillow too

Room Tip: we satisfy where we stay at 12th floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pforzheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

All staff members were really nice and helpful - from checkin to checkout ... Guest rooms are a little worn but are modernized at the moment. Lobby, bar and restaurant were remodelled 1.5 years ago and they look great and have a great atmosphere.

Also available: outdoor patio with umbrellas and the permission to smoke.

Quite a few restaurants and the Fairfax mall nearby (5 mins walking distance)

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Great value for money.
No negative issues at all.
Rebecca (front desk) was fantastic and very helpful.
The elevators were fast and always available.
I would definitely stay there again in the future.
Unfortunately, there were no safes in the rooms. Not a huge deal but somewhat inconvenient. Overall, good choice.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!