“Good stay if you score a good deal online” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spa Package
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good stay if you score a good deal online”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Overall this is a good property, probably one of the better hotels in Fairfax. Rooms are rather large, and are more like suites than actual rooms-a definite plus. The hotel entrance is a bit dated, especially for a hotel of this caliber. Showers and bathrooms are ample.

Room Tip: Choose a room up top to have a nice view of the Fair Lakes area. View from the top is very nice, an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Awesome and friendly staff! Thank you to: front desk staff: Erin ,milissa, Heidi , tony! You go above and beyond the call of duty! Assistant front desk Rani a big thank u. Cuing ( Food & Beverage Supervior) and staff. Awesome job! Gabriel. Rooming blocks are excellent!! :). Dennis Rorex. WorldStrides OSC

• Stayed May 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback. Please know I have shared all of your kind words with the staff you mentioned in your review. I am excited that you had terrific experience. I look forward to your next stay at Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel is a bit of a sleeper, located out in the Fair Lakes area of Fairfax. From the outside and from 66 where it is also visible, you would think it's just some old run-down Hyatt, but once you step inside, you will think otherwise. Even the front entrance looks like it hasn't been updated since the early 80's, but don't let that fool you. A few steps to the main lobby and you notice the gorgeous white bar, it's pretty much the focal point of the entire hotel lobby. That entire area is where the majority of the renovations seem to have taken place.

Past the bar is a large area suitable for conferences and company sponsored events (I'm quite familiar with this area as I have attended several wedding receptions and holiday parties here). Staff is good and area is more than sufficient to fit a few hundred of your closest friends and co-workers.

I never stayed at the rooms but I hear they're not too shabby either, a bit dated though. Perhaps this place could use just a little more renovation over time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Plainfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hyatt Fair Lakes is a very nice hotel located in a convenient area with several stores and restaurants nearby. I appreciated the towels in the room. They were extremely soft and did not irritate my skin the way most hotel towels do. Even the soap and lotion were made for people with sensitive skin.
The Staff was very helpful with directions. I also appreciated the weekday (free) shuttle to the nearest Metro station.
I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our towels and toiletries so much. Our close proximity to shopping and restaurants provides a great deal of convenience for our guests, as does our complimentary weekday shuttle to the Metro station. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Abrea H. – A Guest Relations Associate
Wildwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Outstanding value for $109 per night. Hotel staff is very friendly and goes the extra step to make guest feel t home. The extra, free amenities offered (toothpaste, deodorant, lint MIT, etc.) is a real plus. Also, free WiFi is available in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Steven O!

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay with us! We're glad our friendly employees could make you feel welcomed. They will be recognized for the great service you experienced. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was travelling to Washington D.C. with my daughter and decided to stay outside of D.C. in order to save a little bit of money. After some research I was able to get a great deal on the Hyatt Fair Lakes Hotel on priceline. We arrived at the hotel about 11:30 am on check in day as the ride to Virginia was much faster than usual. They let us check in, but said the room would not be ready for a bit. That was fine becuase we were very early for check in. The young lady that helped us was very nice and professional. We told her we were going to go into D.C so we would be back around dinner time. The lobby is very nice and looks as if it might be fairly new. There is a restaraunt and bar right in the lobby, we did not use either.

We arrived back at the hotel at 630 pm. A nice gentleman was there to check us back in. There was a problem with the room they had assigned us in the AM so the gentelman immediately fixed that and assigned us to another room, on the 11th floor. Even with the minor issue, it only took 5 minutes to get our key and head up.

The rooms were nice, we had a two double bed room, they are like a small suite as the beds are on one side with a half wall in the middle and a small sofa, desk and chair are on the other side. They are not the very nice Hyatt Regency type rooms, but they were clean, comfortable and big enough for my daughter and I. The beds were very comfortable, with down coverlets and pillows. I like soft comfortable beds and these were just like that.

For the value we received, only 80 per night on priceline, I don't think we could have had a nicer stay. We never really needed anything from the front desk or staff, the rooms were cleaned perfectly every day, replenished towels etc every day so beyond check in and check out, we really did not have any contact with the staff. But check in and check out was very friendly.

The only issue we had at all was that there was a dog show going on, so there were literally HUNDREDS of Irish Setters in the hotel the last two days we were there. Not really a positive or a negative for me but by the day we left the elevators and lobby smelled like dogs.. Again, I could have called and asked if there were any conventions or such going on but it would not have made a difference for me. I don't mind dogs. Heard a couple of people complaining going up or down the elevator and had to share an elevator with a dog or two a couple times.

All in all great value, nice room, good location, good service !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the Hyatt Fair Lakes is a very nice hotel, with an attentive staff and nice amenities, but I still don't get the logic of charging for Wifi. I know...this is something I should get over, but why do so many of the higher priced hotels still insist on charging you a daily fee for Wifi? Are we all supposed to feel superior because we're allowed to purchase something that is routinely included for free in the budget and mid-priced hotels?

Oh, and the even though the rooms had flat screen TVs in them, the channels were broadcast in standard definition, not HD.

Maybe I'm just asking for too much....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!