“Good value-great towels!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Plainfield, Indiana
“Good value-great towels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hyatt Fair Lakes is a very nice hotel located in a convenient area with several stores and restaurants nearby. I appreciated the towels in the room. They were extremely soft and did not irritate my skin the way most hotel towels do. Even the soap and lotion were made for people with sensitive skin.
The Staff was very helpful with directions. I also appreciated the weekday (free) shuttle to the nearest Metro station.
I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our towels and toiletries so much. Our close proximity to shopping and restaurants provides a great deal of convenience for our guests, as does our complimentary weekday shuttle to the Metro station. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Abrea H. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Indonesian first
Wildwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Outstanding value for $109 per night. Hotel staff is very friendly and goes the extra step to make guest feel t home. The extra, free amenities offered (toothpaste, deodorant, lint MIT, etc.) is a real plus. Also, free WiFi is available in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Steven O!

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay with us! We're glad our friendly employees could make you feel welcomed. They will be recognized for the great service you experienced. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was travelling to Washington D.C. with my daughter and decided to stay outside of D.C. in order to save a little bit of money. After some research I was able to get a great deal on the Hyatt Fair Lakes Hotel on priceline. We arrived at the hotel about 11:30 am on check in day as the ride to Virginia was much faster than usual. They let us check in, but said the room would not be ready for a bit. That was fine becuase we were very early for check in. The young lady that helped us was very nice and professional. We told her we were going to go into D.C so we would be back around dinner time. The lobby is very nice and looks as if it might be fairly new. There is a restaraunt and bar right in the lobby, we did not use either.

We arrived back at the hotel at 630 pm. A nice gentleman was there to check us back in. There was a problem with the room they had assigned us in the AM so the gentelman immediately fixed that and assigned us to another room, on the 11th floor. Even with the minor issue, it only took 5 minutes to get our key and head up.

The rooms were nice, we had a two double bed room, they are like a small suite as the beds are on one side with a half wall in the middle and a small sofa, desk and chair are on the other side. They are not the very nice Hyatt Regency type rooms, but they were clean, comfortable and big enough for my daughter and I. The beds were very comfortable, with down coverlets and pillows. I like soft comfortable beds and these were just like that.

For the value we received, only 80 per night on priceline, I don't think we could have had a nicer stay. We never really needed anything from the front desk or staff, the rooms were cleaned perfectly every day, replenished towels etc every day so beyond check in and check out, we really did not have any contact with the staff. But check in and check out was very friendly.

The only issue we had at all was that there was a dog show going on, so there were literally HUNDREDS of Irish Setters in the hotel the last two days we were there. Not really a positive or a negative for me but by the day we left the elevators and lobby smelled like dogs.. Again, I could have called and asked if there were any conventions or such going on but it would not have made a difference for me. I don't mind dogs. Heard a couple of people complaining going up or down the elevator and had to share an elevator with a dog or two a couple times.

All in all great value, nice room, good location, good service !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the Hyatt Fair Lakes is a very nice hotel, with an attentive staff and nice amenities, but I still don't get the logic of charging for Wifi. I know...this is something I should get over, but why do so many of the higher priced hotels still insist on charging you a daily fee for Wifi? Are we all supposed to feel superior because we're allowed to purchase something that is routinely included for free in the budget and mid-priced hotels?

Oh, and the even though the rooms had flat screen TVs in them, the channels were broadcast in standard definition, not HD.

Maybe I'm just asking for too much....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days. I checked in smoothly, and the front desk gave me a nice room with a wonderful view. Overall the hotel is nice and clean and most importantly, the staff are very friendly.
The hotel is in a walking distance from fairlakes shopping center. Walmart, Target and bestbuy are in a walking distance. Also, they have a shuttle that can take you around the area and to the metro too.
My stay was wonderful; thanks to front desk agent, Adrean, who's attitude is wonderful, and who went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable.
I'd suggest to travelers to stay here and I will differently come back!

Room Tip: nice staff
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had our family reunion at the site. We had a wonderful time. The staff was excellent, especially Theresa King. The front office staff and were very accommodating. If you're in the Virginia or DC area consider staying at this hotel. We look forward to staying here for our reunion in 2014.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Helena H:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the services our hotel provided for your family reunion. Theresa will be recognized for the excellent service she provided. Hyatt takes great pride with this. We look forward to welcoming your family back next year!

Vilonia, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have bee staying in the Fairfax area in hotels for about 60% of my time over the past two years. I have stayed at three hotels in the Fairfax area and this one is by far the best hotel I have found. The rooms are well thought out and very comfortable. The staff of the hotel, restaurant, and bar are always congenial and wanting to help. Theresa King is always looking to make peoples stay more comfortable and Margaret, Brian, Elida, and Farheen make your time at the bar fun and relaxing! I would and do recommend this hotel to all of my friedns and business associates traveling to this area. Over the time I have stayed there, I have only had minor issues and on each occasion, the hotel staff were more than willing to do what they could to address them.

Room Tip: The corner suites provide a great panoramic view on the upper floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi 892JamesR!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback about the recent stays at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We're glad to have provided you one of the best hotels in the area. Our employees will be recognized for the excellent & welcoming customer service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!