“Comfy stay for a reasonable value” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Spa Package
Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Fairfax
Centennial, Colorado
“Comfy stay for a reasonable value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Hyatt Fair Lakes provides just what a business traveler is seeking -- a spacious room with a sitting area suitable for work, a comfortable bed, friendly and accommodating staff, excellent location with plenty of nearby restaurants and shopping, and fairly easy access via shuttle to the DC Metro. I visited over the Inaugural period and was pleased with my stay. The place was filled to the brim with touring students from various states who were attending the Presidential Inauguration, and the hotel staff did an excellent job of keeping the aggravation for other guests to a minimum.

My suggestions would be to provide a blanket as an option through the winter months -- exterior freezing temps made my stay a bit uncomfortable, consider refinishing some of the furniture pieces, and make sure tubs drain effectively.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I spent a week at this Hyatt in early January 2013.  For health reasons, I booked an ADA room.  My room was perfect for my current needs.  I didn't have a chance to take pictures, but my room was exactly as the photo Hyatt shows online:  well lit with a queen size bed, sofa bed, desk and a very comfy desk chair, a room divider with drawers and a flat screen TV viewable from the bed as well as from the living are, a good size closet with an ironing board and iron.  The bathroom was also very nice. The only criticism I could do of the room is maybe that the wooden furniture could use some refinishing.

The hotel's location is great, just a block or two from Fair Lakes shopping center, with lots of stores (among the largest Best Buy, Walmart, and Target) and a multitude or smaller stores and chain restaurants such as Olive Garden.  There is also an urgent care clinic in that shopping center.  Four to five blocks in the other direction, Whole Foods, Starbucks, etc.

I had a chance to eat at the hotel restaurants for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner.  The food was pretty good and service excellent, not just at the restaurant but at The hotel in general.

Wi-Fi Internet is available at the lobby for free.  In room wi-fi (or broadband) costs $10 plus taxes or $13 plus taxes for more up to three devices, per room per day.

Shuttle service is offered to Vienna Metro, but you need to reserve.  The day I wanted to use it, it wasn't  available in the morning.   A cab to the metro costs about $23, so plan accordingly and reserve the shuttle!

Overall, an excellent experience.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Expat-in-Cabarete:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. It's great to hear our employees could provide a room perfect for your needs. Your comments with regards to the excellent customer service will be given to our Management team. Our staff will be recognized based on your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

a mixture of business and pleasure on different occasions. This is a great friendly hotel that really tries to make your stay what you want! From a business point of view the staff were flexible and always tried to meet what was sometimes a changing requirement. As a holiday destination, it has a great location foir Blue Ridge Mountains, DC, Civil War battlefields and great shopping locations - Tyson's Corner, Fairlakes MAll, Fairoaks Mall etc - albeit you do need to have a car.

NB Review is from before January 2012

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to lift shaft or Ice machine point! If possible get an end of hotel panoramic room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. I’m thrilled that you found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. It sounds like you had a great business and leisure stay with us. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Outstanding, very comfortable rooms with iPod dock and plenty of outlets for laptops, etc. Free internet access in the room would have been a nice-to-have; free internet access is available in the restaurant, bar/grill, lobby and meeting room areas on the first floor. I enjoyed a great meal in the bar / grill. The staff went above and beyond to make sure guests were satisfied, always asking if there was anything they could do to make my stay more comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi are well-kept and handicapped-accessible (lifts and staff on duty). Include the usually-heavy DC traffic in your travel plans. I-66 can be a parking lot during drive times. Easy access to IAD by taking the Fairfax County Parkway (Rt 286) north to the Dulles Toll Road, then crossing over to the free Dulles Airport Access Road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear refunp:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes It's great to hear how much your stay exceeded your expectations. Your comments with regards to the services offered by our employees are greatly appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you're in the area!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
High Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My stay was from Nov 21-24. Based on the reviews I read about staff being prejudice, hotel noisy, dated. First I was treated well by all Hyatt employees. I'm a black man with a butter almond complexion and I didn't feel like anyone was prejudice against me. Everybody was nice and friendly.

I thought the room King size bed was exactly like the one in the photo, as a matter of fact I asked for 3 nights stay and increased it to a 6 night stay. The hotel really is B-u-tay-full. I really just needed to get away and sleep late each day, and this was pour-fect.

Yes I did hear a loud noise in the hotel and my wife and I asked, what was that loud noise. Later that day I walked out and let my door close by itself and it slammed close. I guess because of that someone in another room will probably write a review and say the hotel was noisy. After that day I grabbed the handle and gently close the door. I was on the fourth floor and thought we were the only ones on the floor because it was so quiet.

The food I ordered at the bar was delicious. The gentleman at the bar was kind and helpful as he explained the different dishes on the menu. The list of foods to choose from are longer at the bar.

They spent a bundle in the Life Fitness work out equipment. My wife was in there at least an hour every day. I had a good work out with a 3 mile speed and a 15% incline. Then return to the room and got into the shower with those jet stream shower heads. Almost feel like a massage. Afterward, to sit in the beautiful lobby and read the Wall Street Journal was truly wonderful.

Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms higer up.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review. We're thrilled to hear your stay went above and beyond expectations. We work hard to ensure that all of our guests have a wonderful time and we're glad to hear we succeeded. Please feel free to contact us if you need any future assistance. We look forward to your next stay.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Older hotel but well kept up. The positive are a very helpful staff and a nice lobby area. Good set up for conferences with outstanding buffet for lunch. The negatives are: difficult to find at night, no free wifi and expensive per day charge ( a leftover anachronism?)' and older rooms which could do with a makeover and update. The shuttle service to local restaurants is a very welcome service. Although I would not chose for a romantic or family get away, as a set up for conferences it is good.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Super comfortable and a wonderful value for your money. The staff were very accomodating. Great business travelers hotel. Nice bar and inhouse restaurant. No comped breakfast though.
would have been nice to have something like even a continenal for breakfast.

Room Tip: make sure they know if you are traveling on business or leisure.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It’s always a pleasure to read when our guests have a great experience at our property. I’m glad that you found your room to be very comfortable and the staff to be very accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes? Share your experiences!