“Great Place when you want to bring the family pet :) (not just the teenagers)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
mgray733
“Great Place when you want to bring the family pet :) (not just the teenagers)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

This was a perfectly fine chain hotel. We got a great price on a 2 bedroom suite though it would be very nice if the residence inns would provide cots. or one of the rooms had two queen beds instead of both bedrooms having King Size. My boys are very tall and the pullout couches just don't do it.

We brought our 12 week old puppy and he was very well behaved (obviously in his crate) The hotel charges a 150 non refundable fee for pets which is steep but it was worth it for the convenience and because of the fact we got a good rate to start with. Plenty of areas to walk the dog.

Breakfast was not great at all and after one day we opted to go elsewhere. There is a Starbucks within walking distance which is nice.

Nice swimming pool enclosed in a courtyard so you are not swimming with the cars :) we didn't use it but it was decent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Very welcoming and friendly. A good supper and a hot breakfast were included in the bill. Room was clean, neat and comfortable. If I ever return to that area, I will plan to stay at that hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

I booked for two nights while our house was being renovated.
I have booked this place for my relatives in the past during their visit and they liked the place very much.
First, let me complement the staff: Service was very attentive -when I needed a replacement computer cable, they were more than willing to go out of their way to find me one and aplogized for having a broken cable.
The location cannot be beat if you like to dine out and needs to hop on either 66/7100/50/29 highway. There is a bar/restaurant next door. Joe's crab shack and MC Donald is within a short walking distance. A short ride (2 min) to a large strip mall with starbucks, sushi, Olive Garden, mexican and thai restaurant near by.
The only issue, which is beyond the control of staff here, is that the building needs additional sound proofing. I can hear conversations from the next room and I had to check whether there was a door in between. When my next door occupant took a shower, I could hear water hitting the floor of the tub as if my wife is taking a shower with the door ajar. It may be an issue if you are a light sleeper or sensitive to noise.

I have to agree with one of the previous reviewer regarding insulation ; the ac/heater is very loud.

Finally, there is unpleasant moldy smell when you enter the hallway of the building and it may be due to the aged carpet and lack of sunlight.

Having said that you cannot beat $72 per night for a one bedroom suite / breakfast buffet with your AAA membership and again I want to complement the staff for their excellent service!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Federal Way, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

The Residence Inn was a very clean and comfortable room with a kitchen, queen bed and a comfy sofa bed which was somewhat separated from the bedroom and dressing area. It was located near mulitple restaurants and shopping and in fairly close proximity to catching the train into DC. There was ample parking and the continental breakfasts were above average.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

We took our family to the DC Metro area for the 4th of July holiday. Having lived in the Fairfax area for 12 years we liked the area that the hotel is located, Fair Lakes.

However, the first night of our long weekend our van was broken into. Someone busted out the driver's side window and rummaged through the vehicle to take what they wanted.

The hotel could have cared less. The police were notified and did a report. The hotel staff / management hide behind tiny little signs located in the parking lot and pass blame. The next night another vehicle was broken into.

After leaving at least 10 calls to the Marriott Corp Claims office with no return calls we received a letter in the mail stating that our claim had been closed. We had been able to talk to no one. Finally after making several more phone attempts someone did call us back and rudely said that there was nothing that they could do.

SO, I would recommend staying anywhere else but here! Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Somewhere else
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

When I check into a hotel, I am there to sleep at night. That was not possible here. We had a two-room suite; I was traveling with an elderly relative. The air conditioning system for the suite of rooms is housed in an uninsulated closet in my bedroom but hardly ventilates that room at all; the other bedroom, which has the handicapped-accessible bathroom, is vigorously ventilated. The A/C unit is very noisy. Very, very noisy. Although the sitting area has a gas fireplace, the money spent on that little amenity would have been better used for soundproofing. The people in the room above ours were up and stomping around hourly all night long and when they left at 5:00 am I heard every movement, including the bathroom. The kitchen area is badly finished, with a piece of countertop applied hilariously badly to the side of the dishwasher where it rises above the sink counter level (and why? There are many dishwashers that *fit* under a standard-height countertop). The uncut corner protrudes out, waiting to snag or catch, and indicates that plenty of other corners *were* cut building this place. The location of this hotel is good and the bed is good, but if it's impossible to sleep because of a jet-engine A/C unit and shoddy soundproofing, it fails as a hotel. My brother came by to see us and he, who has stayed at many Residence Inns, thought this one was rather cheaply done.

The WiFi fails in the room, but an ethernet connection is provided, with cable.

The staff are commendably attentive and pleasant.

• Stayed October 2009
Bristow, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

This was a wonderful place to stay for my husband's business needs and also for our family of four. We had a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen and living room with a fireplace. We enjoyed the nutritious breakfast in the morning and the multiple evening "socials". The staff are extremely friendly and accomodating. We would recommend this hotel highly to any family that needed accomodations for a week or longer.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax? Share your experiences!