“Terrible is too High” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax

You added Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax to your Saves list
Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12815 Fair Lakes Parkway, Gps Address: 12700 Shoppes Lane, Fairfax, Fairfax, VA 22033   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Paducah, Kentucky
“Terrible is too High”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stopped and stayed here on our way to Washington DC. We arrived around 8pm and WE both went to the front desk for a room. The 2 ladies there had the personality of a rock. We got the key to our room and went out to eat. We returned at about 10pm. After hauling all our luggage to the room, I noticed we had a queen bed. Called the front desk to change for a king but was told none was available.I asked why wasn't I told this at checkout and it was because I didn't ask. I just figured when 2 people (I'm 6'4", 260) come to check in, they would at least ask if you need a king. I got about 4 hours sleep. I was awaken by dogs in the hallway barking early that morning. I opened the door and there were 3 very large dogs going in the room a couple of rooms away.
Other issues: No ice; room at 64 degrees at 10pm; had to clean table at breakfast for seating; food under feet at breakfast table (I didn't want to clean floor).
I stayed at 4 different hotels on our trip and this was the most expensive and by far the worst.
For those who are considering this hotel, I have 3 words of advise: DO NOT ENTER

Room Tip: Ask what type room you are getting.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IADFL, General Manager at Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Fair Lakes. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We have discussed your experience with the staff and have taken measures to avoid these occurrences in the future.
Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Received wonderful service from Darla (or Carla). She was SO pleasant - I was tired after a long drive & getting lost - she quickly got me to a nearby room & was SO kind. The room itself had many amenities & I slept SO well. Would recommend! Breakfast was good - warm - much variety! Hated to leave!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay! I can certainly understand how frustrating it is to be lost and am so delighted that Karla was able to accommodate you quickly. We have definitely passed on your kind feedback to Karla and the rest of our staff.
Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here around the end of October for a small weekend get-away. Front desk staff very extremely friendly and helpful. All my needs were met to beyond my satisfation. House keeping provided me with extra towels (extra is a most have for me, so I was pleased *smiles*) and anything else I needed during my stay. Very please with my experience here. Only complaint was that it was a little hard to locate when using my GPS. Conveniently located next to a shopping center and resturants, which was a treat.

Room Tip: Location of the hotel is somewhat tricky to pinpoint...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IADFL_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to our housekeeping team. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed for 2 weeks while working on a project. I flew home during the middle weekend and had different rooms each week. I found that the studio was alot more comfortable and had a better floorplan than the one bedroom. The one bedroom actually seemd smaller because the studio had an open floorplan and a better workspace. The hotel is on the edge of a large shopping area and there are several places to eat nearby. Several are within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and was always well stocked. overall, I had no complaints during my 2 weeks there.

Room Tip: I stayed in a ground floor corner studio and it was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was in one of the newly renovated rooms and enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and the room was spotless. Lots of shopping and restaurants in the nearby area was a plus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I just returned home after an 8-night stay at this property. Originally, we were scheduled for a 5-night stay, but Hurricane Sandy changed that!! As my title suggests, this Residence Inn deserves a top rating because each and every member of the hotel staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The front desk personnel, especially Liz (Asst. Gen. Mgr) -- the best! While we were guests, she always said hello and asked how we were doing, especially during the scarier weather. We also liked the night shift desk person--I wish I could remember his name. The housekeeping staff always had a smile and said hello when passing by in the hallways.

The location is just off I-66 and is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants (Joe's Crab Shack). With a car, it's near Whole Foods, Target, McDonalds, Best Buy, Kohls, and much more. With a car, it's about a 5-6 mile drive to the Metro Orange Line-Vienna station. It has a park 'n ride lot should you wish to go into the D.C area via public transportation. From Dulles Airport, it's a 20-25 minute drive.

I like this hotel because it's quiet and nestled away from the hustle bustle of a typical urban environment. Yet, it's within reach of the most popular area destinations. Traffic can be nuts, but that comes with the territory. Rates are incredibly reasonable.

Other plusses: clean, spacious, temp control works well, nice basic kitchen w/full-sized fridge/freezer, windows open, outdoor pool--great in summer, small but good exercise facility.

The daily complimentary breakfast is okay--when busy, it's not the most appetizing and items aren't always stocked up. They offer complimentary evening appetizers, salad, soft drinks on Tues, Weds, Thurs, and we took advantage on one occasion when it was "Comfort Food Night." They served chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, corn, and brownies. Not the worst, especially on a stormy night.

I will definitely return to this Residence Inn in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was one of the comfortable stays that I had while on I am vacation. Staff was really nice. I didn't request a ground floor room but they did change that with out a hassle. Rooms were clean and nice, also room was huge. Basically We can live there forever. Breakfast was very good. I always enjoy the breakfast at Marriott hotels. closer to DC which was really good and they were helpful showing the places to go and how to avoid the traffic etc. I would recommend this place and will stay again.......

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax? Share your experiences!