“Best Hotel we have ever stayed at !!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
“Best Hotel we have ever stayed at !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed with our 2 grandchildren ages 3 and 6. There is a kitchen complete with a full sized frig., dishwasher, and stove. Living room with TV and sofabed. Private room with TV.
Beautifully decorated, totally spotless. Swimming pool had a lifeguard. Extensive included breakfast. Free light dinner on Thursday. 15 minutes from DC metro. Close to Manassas.
Great staff. Lots of towels. Top value. In Dec-Feb weekend rates the lowest.Only drawback was that my netbook would not work with the in-room internet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel was recommended by friends for a weekend stay during a swim meet at GMU. The hotel was wonderful. The room(s) were spacious and very clean. Even though we hung up our towels to conserve resources, the housekeeper left us extra towels anyway. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I had read the previous reviews of this hotel and choose it over some of the newer hotels because I like the room layouts, the Marriott name and the free breakfasts! It turns out my best friend always stays here when in the area and it's no wonder - from the very friendly front desk clerk to the housekeeper who brought us extra towels, to the next morning's breakfast, this was an exceptionally well kept, albeit, older hotel. Our room was smaller than some other residence inns we've stayed in and yes, there were some very old cigarette burns on the vanity that had been buffed out as best as one could, but the room was very clean and the bed was very, very comfortable (room 109). I love the fact there is a door separating the living spaces from the bedroom! There is a Joe's Crab Shack and Logan's Steakhouse within walking distance. We opted to check out the hot bars at Whole Foods which is a quick drive down Fair Lakes Pkwy, across 7100, on the right. The hotel breakfast was plentiful - the fruit was fresh, fresh, fresh. There was a guest computer in the front office building, the grounds looked nice (it's February so no swimming in the pool) and when we asked for directions to the Patriot Center at GMU, the front desk clerk cheerfully resorted to a index card box to get us printed directions. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed here because my first and second choice hotels were completely booked (Residence Inn at Dulles 28 Center and Hotel Sierra in Sterling). I was a little nervous since there were no traveler photos posted, but I booked anyway. I was so, so disappointed when I got here. This property is as it was when it was built. The only updates have been superficial (a sloppily painted accent wall, some new carpet, laminate floor in the kitchen area). If you are used to updated Residence Inn hotels, you will not be happy here.

First and foremost, the layout is the old Residence Inn style. You check in at a central building, then have to repack the car and drive around the property to your building. This was pretty annoying in the rain, when I got here.

The hotel is very close to highways...so close that I heard tractor trailers driving by all night long. It is also tucked away behind a lot of greenery, so you can not find it by sight when you get close. You must have GPS or directions printed out ahead of time. However, you must use a different address if getting here via GPS or map program. The address to use is in the reminder email they send a few days before the trip...at the very bottom of the email. I didn't find it on the website anywhere.

The rooms are dull and depressing. Everything is worn and old. If you stayed at a Residence Inn in the 90s, you know the plastic counters, dim lighting, and cheap furniture. Just a couple miles away at the Residence Inn at Dulles 28 Center, you'll find comfy furniture, an updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances, and plenty of soundproofing.

A few other things about this property:
-One of the windows in my room had an exterior light outside of it, shining down from the 3rd floor. The curtains didn't block the light at all, so my room was never dark at night.

-This place is full of guys in work trucks. At first, I didn't think anything of it. Then I realized that my entire floor, in a building that requires a bit of a walk from the gatehouse building, is full of loud construction workers. As a solo, female business traveler, I was just a tiny bit uncomfortable.

-There is no WiFi, just wired internet. So, you must sit at a tiny, shabby desk to do any work.

-There is no safe in the room, which is standard at every updated Residence Inn at which I've stayed.

-The bathroom light/fan is so loud that I almost took video of it to post. I loath the idea of taking as shower in there this morning.

Until they update this place, I can't recommend it. There are far superior options in the general area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Got the deal through Name your price Priceline.So the price was lower then the usual daily rates.To start with though we dint got suite with 2 bed or room and we were team of 3 travelling the stay was nice and smooth.Instead of 2 bed they have one king bed and sofa bed which is good enough.Complete breakfast is like icing on the cake :)).Internet was wired and not wireless so that was one thing which can be upgraded by the management but still was able to access it through wire.Easy access to main highways going to DC is convenient.Also near to Vienna train station through which u can directly reach to DC.Over all nice stay would surely consider again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
mgray733
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

This was a perfectly fine chain hotel. We got a great price on a 2 bedroom suite though it would be very nice if the residence inns would provide cots. or one of the rooms had two queen beds instead of both bedrooms having King Size. My boys are very tall and the pullout couches just don't do it.

We brought our 12 week old puppy and he was very well behaved (obviously in his crate) The hotel charges a 150 non refundable fee for pets which is steep but it was worth it for the convenience and because of the fact we got a good rate to start with. Plenty of areas to walk the dog.

Breakfast was not great at all and after one day we opted to go elsewhere. There is a Starbucks within walking distance which is nice.

Nice swimming pool enclosed in a courtyard so you are not swimming with the cars :) we didn't use it but it was decent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Very welcoming and friendly. A good supper and a hot breakfast were included in the bill. Room was clean, neat and comfortable. If I ever return to that area, I will plan to stay at that hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax? Share your experiences!