“Not pet friendly” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Washington, District of Columbia, District of Columbia, United States
“Not pet friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Although this hotel is listed as pet friendly, in fact it is not. Your room will not be cleaned unless you make arrangements to have your dog out of your room. I was not told this, I learned this when no one came to clean the room after a week. Although I kept making appointments to have the room cleaned, no one came. I was finally informed that the room would not be cleaned unless all pets were out of the room. The staff are at times frightened by and other times indifferent to even small, friendly dogs. Further, although the hotel advertises free wifi, the wifi is extremely slow to the point of being unusable. You have to pay for an upgrade to get a serviceable wifi. I consider that it is disingenuous for the hotel to claim free wifi for this reason. The rooms are not particularly clean and there is definitely an ant infestation issue.

Room Tip: Very noisy on the lower floors.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First of all the pictures of the free breakfast, lobby, gym, and laundry are NOT of this actual hotel. Those are of a MUCH nicer hotel (can anyone say false advertisement?). My first day there I was greeted by a roommate (a cockroach). Both the treadmill and elliptical in "gym" are broken and or missing pieces and/or the display doesn't work properly. Additionally it doesn't seem as though the gym equipment is cleaned properly by any kind of a cleaning crew EVER. To describe this hotel in one word: Gross.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

It was very economical, clean, excellent service and close to everything including Washington D.C. Great service, Breakfast was served. Parking included. Close to major highways and awesome location. Wifi and TV was there too.

Room Tip: Close to Washington D.C. tourist spots.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, April 21, 2015
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff, convenient location and overall cleanliness of our hotel. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

We had read the RAVE reviews of this hotel, so my wife and I made our reservation well in advance. On the day of our departure, we call the hotel to re-confirm if our room will be available. Can you believe the hotel clerk says "Oh sorry, you room is NOT AVAIL, the current guests have decided to stay longer." What kind of NONSENSE is that???!! ESA needs to make accomodations for that party in another room, b/c you WILL have new guests arriving.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, April 17, 2015
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the reservation is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked on this issue to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact me directly, at DCX @extendedstay.com if you have further questions or concerns. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

Keeping in mind the category level of the Extended Stay brand, my one night stay lived up to that expectation with a few places for improvement. Let me just start by saying that the level of customer service from the front desk clerk was excellent. She was engaging, pleasant and helpful, which any hotel chain would want out of their employee.

The Pros:
1. Front desk customer service
2. Location - close to main streets, shopping, restaurants, groceries, gas station
3. Ease of check-in and check-out

Room for Improvement (not exactly cons):
1. New, clean padded sheets. The sheet under my fitted sheet had food particles and hairs on it. Being that it's not the sheet I'm in direct contact with, I can usually over look it. However, if I had an "extended stay," I'd expect that to be completely clean as well.
2. Water pressure in the shower. Probably good for most people but I prefer more pressure.

Another reason I speak highly of the front desk clerk is that she offered me a room change after I had entered the first room and wasn't satisfied with it.

With the numerous other hotel options in this area, if I had another one night stay planned, I would likely try another hotel to use as a comparison.

Room Tip: Get on the second floor. There's a decent amount of noise from the floor above when staying on...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about our front desk staff. We appreciate you letting us know about the cleanliness issues in your room as well as the water pressure not being to your liking. We are sorry for these issues, but are happy to read that we provided you with positive stay overall. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

This extended stay america was amazing. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean. I stayed for a total of 6 months and it really felt like home. Would definitely go back to this one. The grab and go breakfast is a perfect way to start your day. The coffee is always made fresh. The location is very convenient, there are grocery stores nearby and many restaurants nearby. There is always ample amount of parking. The staff always looks to help you out in anyway possible. Stay here if you are visiting the Virginia area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, February 23, 2015
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff, clean rooms, and many amenities.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

Great customer service, friendly staff, and convenient location. Management and staff works to resolve issues quickly. Very pleased with my stay. Will definitely keep this Extended Stay location in mind next time I come to town. Thanks much!

• Stayed January 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, January 28, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your room and that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am proud of our staff for providing you with friendly and attentive service. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We’d love to have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!