“Disappointed - not as advertised!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
“Disappointed - not as advertised!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although advertised as fully equipped kitchen, plus advertising that states cooking meals in their suites even providing recipes there is nothing in their "fully equipped" not even a coffee cup, tea spoon or kettle to heat water. You need to bring all you need with you so plan as a camping trip - if you're flying in then the money you save you will be spending in wal-mart for cups and plates. I have stayed in many of the suite style hotels of late and will re use all but never extended stay. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you are looking for a true suite experience with functional kitchenette
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so sorry to read that your in-room kitchen amenities did not meet your expectations. We do provide kitchen equipment for guests to cook with, and it is available upon request from the front desk. We keep the items behind the front desk to ensure that they are properly sanitized for the safety of our guests. I am sorry that my front desk staff did not adequately inform you of this policy. I will meet with them to ensure that we are informing all guests of this during check-in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at DCX@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

Kevin was very friendly and helpful at check in, the room was nicely sized, comfortable and clean. The location was ideal as I stayed there while attending a two-night concert event in Vienna. The hotel felt homey, I have no complaints and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about the hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the comfortable size of the room, cleanliness, and location. I am also pleased to read that you received such great service from my staff. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Booked through Priceline, which says choice of beds, but I never see anything but queen. Maybe anything other than queen is out of our budget? Maybe I'm supposed to call the location directly and offer more money? I don't know.
Anyway, I've stayed with this company before, and I mostly like it. If I ever get one with a king bed and a hot tub in our budget, that would be just about perfect.
About the some of the housekeeping complaints of other reviewers--I'm a grownup, and I don't need someone to clean up after me every single day, so the housekeeping arrangement is usually a good thing for me.
Unlike most I have been to, this location has a pool. But the pool isn't open as much as you'd think, like they don't open til maybe 2pm. And, it's an outdoor pool, so you can't use it most of the time anyway. We were there in July and still didn't use it, cause it rarely got over eighty degrees when we had the time.
Other locations already have dishes and such in the rooms. This location you have to go ask for them, and then they didn't give me a couple of things I asked for, but I guess I really didn't need them much anyway.
When we were there, there were people with families there, and our neighbors were mostly quiet when they were supposed to be quiet.
We are unexpectedly heading back to the area soon. Unfortunately, we didn't know, and we did not make arrangements to stay at the same price. So I'm afraid we might have to stay someplace else. We liked this place. It was very convenient to places we needed to drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you were not informed of our customizable kitchen packs at check-in and that you did not receive all the items you requested; however, we are glad that you had such a great stay with us. We now store our kitchenware in a clean, sterile environment and allow our guests to choose the items that they would like in their kitchen. Once our guest has designed their kitchen, we deliver the clean items to the guest's room. We will work with our front desk staff to make sure we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities during check-in and are delivering all of the items they have requested.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope we get to see you again soon.
Toronto, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel is in a good location and pet friendly. The room was okay overall except for the noise of the A/C. The deal breaker was the small cockroach we found on the floor close to the closet. We are not going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I appreciate the kind comments about our hotel's location and pet friendly policy. Still, the cleanliness issue you described in your room is unacceptable. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have already talked to our maintenance and housekeeping staff to take steps and precautions to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Stanley, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My fiancé and I decided to stay up in Fairfax while he had an interview and we found this wonderful hotel. We loved the location and the room was great!! The customer service at the check in desk was great and had no problems what so ever!!! We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your room and that you had a pleasant, problem-free stay. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We’d love to have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hope no one will experience anything with customer relations because in order to get through to them; you got to say your story hundreds of time and wait period is more than an hour. I had experience a misunderstanding with an agent (who clearly repeated something to me twice and later found out it wasn't true, so I made reservation and later when I had called the hotel the manager said that it wasn't that price and said to me that this happen before) and wanted to get things clear with customer relation, I was yelled at and had humiliated me by calling me a liar and hang up the phone. I never showed up to the hotel and cancelled because I was really afraid if I have another issue they will treat me the same way. Best of luck to those that have issues.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mocksville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Booked thru Priceline was an excellent value. Had everything we wanted, good location, friendly staff. They should have more stars. Will definitely recommend & stay again! There was no restaurant on site but it is not far from some. Only con is the bed was a little hard for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities, excellent value and our friendly staff.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!