“Small getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Stanley, Virginia
“Small getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My fiancé and I decided to stay up in Fairfax while he had an interview and we found this wonderful hotel. We loved the location and the room was great!! The customer service at the check in desk was great and had no problems what so ever!!! We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your room and that you had a pleasant, problem-free stay. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We’d love to have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hope no one will experience anything with customer relations because in order to get through to them; you got to say your story hundreds of time and wait period is more than an hour. I had experience a misunderstanding with an agent (who clearly repeated something to me twice and later found out it wasn't true, so I made reservation and later when I had called the hotel the manager said that it wasn't that price and said to me that this happen before) and wanted to get things clear with customer relation, I was yelled at and had humiliated me by calling me a liar and hang up the phone. I never showed up to the hotel and cancelled because I was really afraid if I have another issue they will treat me the same way. Best of luck to those that have issues.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mocksville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked thru Priceline was an excellent value. Had everything we wanted, good location, friendly staff. They should have more stars. Will definitely recommend & stay again! There was no restaurant on site but it is not far from some. Only con is the bed was a little hard for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, 1 week ago
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities, excellent value and our friendly staff.

Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had huge housekeeping problems during our 9 day stay. Unless you choose the "full service" option for $10/day extra, you only get housekeeping once a week. That means no clean towels, no emptied trash cans, no extra toilet paper for 7 full days. We had to ask for extra towels and extra toilet paper during our stay. And then on housekeeping day we return to our room (after being gone for the entire day) at 4:45 pm. Guess what - housekeeping had not yet cleaned our room. It was frustrating. Especially since our room had not been properly cleaned (per the manager) by housekeeping before we checked into it. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling, there was hair all over the bathroom, there were food crumbs all over the pull-out sofa and there was a bug crawling across the cabinets when we checked in. I wish I could give this hotel a good rating, the people at the front, including the manager, were all very nice. The rooms are small but nice. However the housekeeping issue has been such a headache that I really would not stay here again. Add in the fact that this hotel is located next to a fire station (yes, you hear every single run they make) and it brings its overall score to below average in my book.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back, facing away from the fire station. Rooms on the front get the full volume of...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed in several hotels in the Fairfax area including the other Extended Stay hotels, which don't measure up to this one. For the money, you can not beat the value of this hotel. Extended Stay on Fair Ridge Rd. is by no means a luxury hotel, but the rooms are clean and well laid out, the beds are comfortable and the staff is excellent. Having a kitchen and nearby grocery stores is a big plus. This hotel also offers a pool, basic exercise room and complimentary printing. The location offers easy access to Fairfax and Washington DC.
If you are looking for a luxurious hotel experience, this is not for you, but if you are looking for an affordable hotel that is clean, comfortable and safe, this is your best bet.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our affordable rates as well as the hotel's location, level of cleanliness, and the different amenities we had to offer.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Room is superb: clean, full kitchen, perfect for families.
Breakfast is enough to get you going for your day (grab and go)
The comfort of the room, feels like home.

No sign were available to indicate about how to get in on off hours, so you may want to have a sign out there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I take pride in creating a memorable “home away from home” experience for our guests. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens, free grab-and-go breakfast and friendly staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pros:
Super comfy bed
4 different pillows on each bed so there should be one that's right for you (I particularly appreciate this)
Spacious room
Kitchen
Ironing board/iron
Hairdryer
Dish detergent! - so many hotels with kitchenettes don't have it for some strange reason.

Cons:
The single coffee packet was open and should have been replaced
The shower had several splashes of brown liquid on the walls
No toilet paper (but a box of tissues on the bathroom counter)
No shampoo

We arrived late at night and were getting up early so didn't bother calling for toilet paper or anything, we just needed to get to sleep.

A 'grab and go' breakfast (included) is provided in the reception area - sickly sweet muffins, oatmeal snack bars, several varieties of oatmeal, apples and oranges, coffee, hot water and creamer. I didn't happen to see any tea.
Reception staff were pleasant.
If not for the toilet paper/dirty shower I would have given an extra point but lacking in the most basic amenities/level of cleanliness makes me grumpy. That being said, I would stay here again if I revisited the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!