“Best place ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
“Best place ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in ectended stay fairfax for approximately 3 months.i can say I felt home.the hotel is so nice , clean, next to everything.the stuff is just amazing.starting from.the manager mr.rajish to front desk alina, asan, to gaby, oscar, mrs luz the cleaner.they r just so helpful, whatever u ask for they will provide it immediately.personally I believe any place will be nice if the people and the stuff of that place ate nice.and u guys r really wonderful.
I would definetly come back and recommend this place because im sure its the best place if ur in virginia.
keep up being the best.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking your valuable and time and efforts to write such wonderful comments on your most recent stay. It's my pleasure to hear such nice comments about the hotel manager, front desk GSR Alina, Ahsan and Gaby; maintenance engineer Oscar; and house keepers Marie and Luz. I look forward to sharing your comments with them and the rest of our team.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind and encouraging words, and we'd love to see you here again.

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am now traveling to the DC area almost weekly for business. I have stayed at ESA Fairfax twice and found it to be an excellent experience. The rooms are cozy, clean and well equipped. The staff is very friendly and is quick to respond should you need anything. Even though my job is located in Falls Church, I don't mind traveling out to Fairfax after work as the 50 minutes I spend in traffic is well worth it. C. Blachly

Room Tip: Ask for rooms to the right unless you are an early riser.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had excellent experiences during your stays with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our very friendly staff members and their quick responses when you needed. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your cozy and clean room, especially the well equipped kitchen, and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel even though location is not ideal for your job.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been staying at this establishment for the past 2 months while working in the Fairfax area. The hotel has been freshly painted and the rooms have been updated. Getting the lower rate since now I am there for over 30 days is a nice advantage also. Don't be afraid to ask for the best rate possible. Coffee is always hot downstairs but don't expect a big breakfast, but more of a grab and go. If you want the big breakfast head to Residence Inn up the way and expect to pay for it. This is a great, safe place to hunker down and call home for a while if you need to. The only better thing they could offer is a few more channels on cable but hey its enough to get by. Don't believe everything you read on here, I like this place and it is a little condo for a great price. I have no complaints and will continue to stay here until my job has ended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Doug - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel and glad to know that you are very impressed with the hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our free grab-and-go breakfast and coffee. I am also very glad to read that you found our hotel to be an exceptional value and great safe place to stay for the business traveler.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and continuing staying with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

nothing special, affordable price is the best thing for this location. It was my first time at this kind of facility. Like a small apartment or condo.

Their breakfast is not the best, just let you know.Grab n Go, but their items not available all the time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and your stay overall. Still, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As we continue to make improvements to it, we will keep your feedback in mind.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com. or you can reach me directly at 703-359-5000 Ext 518. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After an 11 hour drive, I checked in late for an overnight stay; the staff member (Falla) was rude and incompetent overall.

I saw him smoking outside as I walked in, and had to wait a few minutes before he decided to come in to check me in.

As he was trying to check me in, he couldn't figure out whether the room he assigned to me was occupied or not! So, he gave me the key and asked ME to check whether it was occupied while he would wait at the front desk!!

I refused and told him he should come with me to which he agreed.

The room turned out to be unoccupied, and unclean. It smelled like rotten fish - or worse!!

To make matters worse, there are noisy neighbors in a room next door having a party, AND the kitchen sink is DIRTY, there is hair in the bathroom sink and there was used TP in the toilet. I didn't even have the chops to look at the bath tub.

The room feels so dirty that I don't feel like taking my shoes off!

I'm so appalled that I'm writing this after my late check in at 2 am due to the misleading rating on Trip Advisor that led me here in the first place!!

Avoid under any circumstances!!

A very exhausted and upset customer.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so sorry that your late check-in did not go smoothly and that your room was unclean as well as had an odor. In response, I have spoken with our staff about the importance of providing a good check-in experience and am coaching them on how to provide better customer service moving forward. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff on improving our cleaning procedures and we are currently deep cleaning the room you occupied so these issues do not affect future guests.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com. Or 703-359-5000 Ext 518. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Adequate is about all I can say. These are full kitchen rooms with pull out sofa bed. I got a super deal on this room so made it really worth value but, in general, I'd say 'adequate' ... but be sure to bring your own hair conditioner because only provide shampoo, soap, hair dryer, and towels.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room, especially the kitchen and sofa bed. Still, I am sorry that our amenity policy did not meet your expectations. Please know, for future reference, that we do offer toiletries at the the front desk upon request.

Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great for the price. We stayed 4 days and were very comfortable. Were able to save a lot of $$ on meals because the room has a full kitchen (no oven) so you can cook meals. The room we stayed in had a queen bed and when we had someone pop in for an overnight visit, the couch in the suite pulled out to a double bed - very convenient. The dishwasher was a bit loud, but we turned it on upon leaving each day so it would run when we were out. Staff was friendly. The exercise equipment needed attention. If you are the type of person that needs to have the maid come in and clean the room each day, then consider that they only provide that service when folks stay a week or longer. However, you can take your towels and bedding to the front desk for fresh ones when needed. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of our team for making your stay comfortable and memorable. Also, I am happy to hear that the full kitchen and pull-out couch was convenient for your needs and created a cost effective stay. Thank you for the feedback on the exercise equipment, we will keep your comments in mind for future updates.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!