“average...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
“average...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

nothing special, affordable price is the best thing for this location. It was my first time at this kind of facility. Like a small apartment or condo.

Their breakfast is not the best, just let you know.Grab n Go, but their items not available all the time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and your stay overall. Still, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As we continue to make improvements to it, we will keep your feedback in mind.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com. or you can reach me directly at 703-359-5000 Ext 518. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After an 11 hour drive, I checked in late for an overnight stay; the staff member (Falla) was rude and incompetent overall.

I saw him smoking outside as I walked in, and had to wait a few minutes before he decided to come in to check me in.

As he was trying to check me in, he couldn't figure out whether the room he assigned to me was occupied or not! So, he gave me the key and asked ME to check whether it was occupied while he would wait at the front desk!!

I refused and told him he should come with me to which he agreed.

The room turned out to be unoccupied, and unclean. It smelled like rotten fish - or worse!!

To make matters worse, there are noisy neighbors in a room next door having a party, AND the kitchen sink is DIRTY, there is hair in the bathroom sink and there was used TP in the toilet. I didn't even have the chops to look at the bath tub.

The room feels so dirty that I don't feel like taking my shoes off!

I'm so appalled that I'm writing this after my late check in at 2 am due to the misleading rating on Trip Advisor that led me here in the first place!!

Avoid under any circumstances!!

A very exhausted and upset customer.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so sorry that your late check-in did not go smoothly and that your room was unclean as well as had an odor. In response, I have spoken with our staff about the importance of providing a good check-in experience and am coaching them on how to provide better customer service moving forward. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff on improving our cleaning procedures and we are currently deep cleaning the room you occupied so these issues do not affect future guests.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com. Or 703-359-5000 Ext 518. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Adequate is about all I can say. These are full kitchen rooms with pull out sofa bed. I got a super deal on this room so made it really worth value but, in general, I'd say 'adequate' ... but be sure to bring your own hair conditioner because only provide shampoo, soap, hair dryer, and towels.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room, especially the kitchen and sofa bed. Still, I am sorry that our amenity policy did not meet your expectations. Please know, for future reference, that we do offer toiletries at the the front desk upon request.

Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great for the price. We stayed 4 days and were very comfortable. Were able to save a lot of $$ on meals because the room has a full kitchen (no oven) so you can cook meals. The room we stayed in had a queen bed and when we had someone pop in for an overnight visit, the couch in the suite pulled out to a double bed - very convenient. The dishwasher was a bit loud, but we turned it on upon leaving each day so it would run when we were out. Staff was friendly. The exercise equipment needed attention. If you are the type of person that needs to have the maid come in and clean the room each day, then consider that they only provide that service when folks stay a week or longer. However, you can take your towels and bedding to the front desk for fresh ones when needed. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of our team for making your stay comfortable and memorable. Also, I am happy to hear that the full kitchen and pull-out couch was convenient for your needs and created a cost effective stay. Thank you for the feedback on the exercise equipment, we will keep your comments in mind for future updates.

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The room was exceptional and far exceeded the star rating. I have stayed at Extended Stay America previously and this hotel was far better than my previous experience. I would definitely stay here again. The kitchen was well equipped, the desk was oversize and accommodated all my technology, the couch was comfortable, the TV was adequate and swiveled from couch to bed, the bed was very comfortable with generous pillows, and the bathroom was adequate. On the con side, the hot water did not work in the bathroom sink and no one was at the desk at checkout, but a small price to pay for such a comfortable room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room, especially the well equipped kitchen, and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. Still, I am sorry that your bathroom sink did not have hot water and that the staff was not available to assist with this issue. Please know, our maintenance staff is working to repair this issue and I am coaching our entire staff on how to be more attentive to our guests needs as well a provide better customer service in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The staff at this location is great. They were always around to help with anything I needed and always greet me with a smile. I was staying here for 3 weeks by my myself with my dog. The staff made me very comfortable and were good about following up on any requests I had. My experience here was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Shawna - It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff members. As well, it is great to know that you felt comfortable and like you were visiting your "home away from home" while staying with us.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I checked into a room at this hotel a couple of weeks ago for a few nights and discovered that the blankets on the bed were not clean. They had not been replaced from the previous guest(s) and were littered with stains, hair, and a cigarette burn in a non smoking room at that. There has been some turnover at the front desk. We stayed here also before the "refresh" done last year. While the paint job and new bedding is nice, the carpeting is still the same in the rooms and does not appeared to have been shampooed. There has been turnover on the housekeeping staff and most don't speak English. We might stay here again, being fans of ESA, but frankly, is it too much to ask for clean bedding before checking in? Dirty bedding as we describe above is a complete turnoff and something we will share with friends and potential guests we know.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your review. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I do apologize that the blanket and carpet in your room was not clean. In response to this feedback, I will work with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that these types of issues do not happen in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 703-359-5000. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!