“Value for the Money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Tennessee
“Value for the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The room was exceptional and far exceeded the star rating. I have stayed at Extended Stay America previously and this hotel was far better than my previous experience. I would definitely stay here again. The kitchen was well equipped, the desk was oversize and accommodated all my technology, the couch was comfortable, the TV was adequate and swiveled from couch to bed, the bed was very comfortable with generous pillows, and the bathroom was adequate. On the con side, the hot water did not work in the bathroom sink and no one was at the desk at checkout, but a small price to pay for such a comfortable room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room, especially the well equipped kitchen, and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. Still, I am sorry that your bathroom sink did not have hot water and that the staff was not available to assist with this issue. Please know, our maintenance staff is working to repair this issue and I am coaching our entire staff on how to be more attentive to our guests needs as well a provide better customer service in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The staff at this location is great. They were always around to help with anything I needed and always greet me with a smile. I was staying here for 3 weeks by my myself with my dog. The staff made me very comfortable and were good about following up on any requests I had. My experience here was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Shawna - It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff members. As well, it is great to know that you felt comfortable and like you were visiting your "home away from home" while staying with us.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I checked into a room at this hotel a couple of weeks ago for a few nights and discovered that the blankets on the bed were not clean. They had not been replaced from the previous guest(s) and were littered with stains, hair, and a cigarette burn in a non smoking room at that. There has been some turnover at the front desk. We stayed here also before the "refresh" done last year. While the paint job and new bedding is nice, the carpeting is still the same in the rooms and does not appeared to have been shampooed. There has been turnover on the housekeeping staff and most don't speak English. We might stay here again, being fans of ESA, but frankly, is it too much to ask for clean bedding before checking in? Dirty bedding as we describe above is a complete turnoff and something we will share with friends and potential guests we know.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your review. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I do apologize that the blanket and carpet in your room was not clean. In response to this feedback, I will work with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that these types of issues do not happen in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 703-359-5000. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Clinton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Fairly uneventful stay, which is a good thing! Just checked in, stayed for 8 days with no problems, and checked out. That's the way it should be... no stress.
I really only have 1 knock against this hotel- the pool. It does not open until 2 PM. My wife and 4 year old were looking forward to spending some time at the pool but that was almost completely dashed because of this time limitation. I can see it not opening until maybe 10 AM, but 2 PM? Really?
Other than that, a good stay...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi Shane,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our seasonal swimming pool policy opening between 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM did not work for you but I will discuss your comments with the upper management team. I am very grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com or call me directly at 703-359-5000 Ext : 518. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Edinburgh, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We spent two nights here. Compared to other Extended Stays, we found the room to be a bit cramped space-wise, yet still featuring all the amenities (kitchenette, table, sofabed, TV, queen bed, full bath) we enjoy at Extended Stays. We were able to easily access the Vienna/Fairfax Metro stop, which was a short drive from here. All of our interactions with the staff during our stay were very good. They are professional, polite, and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed 1 night in this lovely hotel. I like that they had a kitchenette that are fully equipped with essentials daily needs kitchen. The room design and furniture reminds me of the Bavarian style. Very home and warm feeling. the staff attendee was so friendly. Sure i will stay again here. I loved the Coffee maker! it make a real hot and warm coffee not like others i had seen in hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your clean, spacious room and all of the different amenities our hotel has to offer. As well, I am very happy to hear that our staff was so friendly and helpful.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future. The coffee maker will be waiting in your room!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am a heavy business traveler on the road months at a time. I have recommended to my firm and to people such as yourselves, that this hotel represents exceptional value. It is clean, well appointed, and ideally located. The staff has been very helpful. The place to stay for multi-month engagement in the Washington DC metro area.

Room Tip: For best value for long stays, as about their monthly pre-pay plans!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Larry - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I am glad to read that you found our hotel to be an exceptional value and great place to stay for the avid business traveler. As well, I am very pleased that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!