“Overall a good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Clinton, Tennessee
“Overall a good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Fairly uneventful stay, which is a good thing! Just checked in, stayed for 8 days with no problems, and checked out. That's the way it should be... no stress.
I really only have 1 knock against this hotel- the pool. It does not open until 2 PM. My wife and 4 year old were looking forward to spending some time at the pool but that was almost completely dashed because of this time limitation. I can see it not opening until maybe 10 AM, but 2 PM? Really?
Other than that, a good stay...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi Shane,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our seasonal swimming pool policy opening between 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM did not work for you but I will discuss your comments with the upper management team. I am very grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com or call me directly at 703-359-5000 Ext : 518. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Edinburgh, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We spent two nights here. Compared to other Extended Stays, we found the room to be a bit cramped space-wise, yet still featuring all the amenities (kitchenette, table, sofabed, TV, queen bed, full bath) we enjoy at Extended Stays. We were able to easily access the Vienna/Fairfax Metro stop, which was a short drive from here. All of our interactions with the staff during our stay were very good. They are professional, polite, and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed 1 night in this lovely hotel. I like that they had a kitchenette that are fully equipped with essentials daily needs kitchen. The room design and furniture reminds me of the Bavarian style. Very home and warm feeling. the staff attendee was so friendly. Sure i will stay again here. I loved the Coffee maker! it make a real hot and warm coffee not like others i had seen in hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your clean, spacious room and all of the different amenities our hotel has to offer. As well, I am very happy to hear that our staff was so friendly and helpful.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future. The coffee maker will be waiting in your room!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am a heavy business traveler on the road months at a time. I have recommended to my firm and to people such as yourselves, that this hotel represents exceptional value. It is clean, well appointed, and ideally located. The staff has been very helpful. The place to stay for multi-month engagement in the Washington DC metro area.

Room Tip: For best value for long stays, as about their monthly pre-pay plans!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Larry - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I am glad to read that you found our hotel to be an exceptional value and great place to stay for the avid business traveler. As well, I am very pleased that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fantastic service and I was so happy with the level of service but only recommendation I have please to add a "hot" breakfast to your service and this will ensure your customers returning again and again! I will certainly will do so as we are coming back in a year time again. Some people like me are diabetic and your "grab" and "go" is not useable. This is only "short coming" otherwise a fantastic and value for money service. Thank you so much Kind Regards Dr Masoud Ahary

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
stoughton, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The size of the room was a good, the bedding was decent, you received a full kitchen, living room, bed room area, washroom area, and bathroom. I called ahead to tell them I would be arriving very late. The staff on duty could not find my reservations sitting in front of him. The room had a musty smell, which turned out to be the smell of dogs. Obviously the previous tenant had dogs in the room. It was not worth my time that I had to leave early in the morning and come back late for the three day stay. So I lived with the odor, it was almost unbearable. But I just slept there. Now I have to wash all my clothes, but I would have done that anyways. I did tell them that they should spray the room with frereeze, and I feel that when a hotel is pet friendly. The room should not be made available to other regular guests without pets. The section of the hotel for pets should be for pets only. Other than that. It was a bargain. Their breakfast is a walk away, oatmeal, snack bars, fruit, snack muffins, coffee and tea. No breakfast room, no tables, no chairs. This is an extended stay hotel, if you want to change your towels. You bring them to the front desk. Your sheets are changed once a week,
no shampoo or lotions, the front desk may have them. The heating and cooling system was loud but very efficient.

Shenandoah, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

You can tell the staff here are committed. The rooms are clean and the people are great! The front desk is helpful and friendly. They clearly care about service here and do it well! It is close to everything which makes it nice too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!