“GOOD AND PROFESSIONAL STAFF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
fairfax
“GOOD AND PROFESSIONAL STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

i enjoyed staying here for a month. the staff was professional and always helpful i would definitely recommend and stay here again. The rooms are nice in particular i like the stove fridge, microwave as well as the flat screen TV. The rooms are clean with enough towels. the only complaint i would have is the trash cans/bins in the room are small especially if you have alot of trash to get rid of. otherwise the staff had quick responses to any help i would need

Room Tip: i like the bottom floor rooms for convenience
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America - Fairfax.

I am happy to hear that your enjoyed the upgrades of the recent renovations that were done to the hotel. As part of the renovations, trash rooms on each floor were added to assist our guests in disposing of their trash between scheduled housekeeping days. I do apologize as this may not have been mentioned at check in or during your stay.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and recommending Extended Stay America - Fairfax to your friends and family.

Area Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We can easily rate ESA a fantastic place to stay for your vacation. We were checked into the hotel by Alina who was nothing short of fantastic during our stay. In fact the whole front desk was extremely friendly during our stay. Our room was spacious with a flat screen TV, a large fridge, a dish washer, a toaster as well as a coffee maker. Considering I visited in December and January I can bear witness that the heaters in the rooms work very well. The room and shower were clean and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed one and a half month but never felt like away from home. Everything was top notch. The hotel is conveniently located on Fair Ridge Drive and is very near to shopping centers and close to DC area attractions.
We will recommend ESA to family and friends who visit DC and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor north eastern corner room is large and sunny.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Muhammad,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule to post your comments regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America Fairfax.

I say it often that feedback such as this is very invaluable to any business. I was very happy to read that you not only enjoyed the upgrades of our newly renovated rooms, but all the staff you encountered during your long stay was pleasant and accommodating.

If your travels bring you back to the Fairfax area, we look forward to having you and your family stay with us again.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

While this hotel isn't overly fancy or luxurious, it's nice, clean, and super convenient. My room had a nice refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. The bathroom was very clean, water was hot, bed was comfortable, and the cable channel selection was not bad either. There's a water filter on the kitchen sink, which is nice. But what really makes this hotel work for me is the staff. Without exception, the management, front desk staff, and housekeeping and maintenance staff were VERY helpful and polite every time I needed them. If I had an issue, they were very quick to address it, and always checked with me afterwards to make sure my issue had been resolved to my satisfaction. In an era where customer service is frequently forgotten, the staff here has been just amazing. That alone would make me recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an economical extended stay hotel in Fairfax.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear James,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America Fairfax.

When our guests take the time to share their opinion on travel sites such as Trip Advisor, it not only tells us that we are doing something special, but it also let's potential guests who may be thinking of staying with us. that their overall satisfaction is our goal.

I am confident that we will see you again in the future and we look forward to being your preferred choice of accommodations when in the Fairfax area again.

Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

No room service unless you want to pay extra. They will not bring you towels, you have to go down and get them yourselves. The only cleanliness problem we had was the old bath tub wear and the sheets on the hide way bed was not clean and had stained. They did not come up and change the sheets, we had to take the sheets down ourself and make the bed. Other than that, great price and enough room for 3 people.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Davena,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at the Extended Stay Hotel.

It is true that we do not provide housekeeping daily and the option to pay a small fee each day to receive it is offered. We do offer weekly service for guests who do stay 8 days or longer. By not providing daily service for short term stays, we are able to pass this cost savings to you.

I do apologize that the sheets on the hideaway bed were not fresh and clean. I have already had a discussion with the housekeeping staff and the hotel manager to ensure they are in the habit of opening the hideaway so such an issue does not occur again.

Thank you again for your feedback. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at 703-273-3444 x5002. We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here overnight for work. The staff was helpful and professional. They even let me check in early! I would certainly stay here again and i recommend this ESA to anyone coming to the dc area. The rooms were clean and they smelled nice. The pillows are comfy. I love computers and this hotel has a very easy wifi setup. I was online in 60 secs.! I cant wait to stay here in the summer season so i can use the pool/patio/grill area. And to top it all off the rate was very affordable!

• Stayed January 2013
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear JnLws,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at the Extended Stay America Fairfax.

I am happy to know that the team and our accommodations exceeded your expectations. I know the their is a dedicated team working at this property to ensure that each and every guest has a home away from home experience.

On behalf of the team of ESA-Fairfax Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you agaiin in the Summer!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few months and it has always been clean and comfortable. Ahsan is usually the one who greets me. He is friendly, quick, and efficient. The bed is comfortable, the shower is strong and hot, the tv is a nice flat screen with a good picture, and there is also a nice couch. I appreciate the good soundproofing - you do not hear your neighbors at all. I was in a different hotel recently and was able to hear my neighbors in the next room talking. I have choices of where I can stay while I'm travelling for business and I choose to stay here even if it's a little out of the way to where I need to go because I know I can count on a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Sloaneland,

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks regarding your most recent stay at the ESA in Fairfax.

After reading your comments the one sentence you wrote "I have choices of where I can stay while I'm travelling for business and I choose to stay here even if it's a little out of the way to where I need to go because I know I can count on a great experience." made me speachless.

I can not express in my reply how impactful this one sentence is and most importantly the impact it made on the managment and team of the hotel.

On behalf of the managment and staff of the ESA Fairfax Thank you and we look forward to your return very soon.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am a traveling nurse. So therefore, I move to different states every three months. For this assignment, it was my first time staying in a hotel for this lenght of time. I have to admit that I was nervous to stay in a hotel for this period of time for many reasons. One reason is that would they be able to keep my room clean the way I like it and if their staff was helpful in many other things that I knew I would need. As soon as I arrived at this hotel coming from alaska, I was greeted well at the first desk. Throughtout my time of staying here, I met many wonderful staff members who are all friendly, and they all seem to keep a smile on their face. I felt like this was definetely a family environment with all the staff members on first shift, including management, housekeepers and night shift workers. I wish I could remember all their names, but I cant. But the few names I remember are Sarah, Mohamed, Afsan, Rajesh (manager), the lebanese guy, and the new lady who work at the front desk who is from banglesdesh. There is this spanish lady who mainly cleaned my room was also so friendly as well. I really think that at this hotel located on Fair Ridge drive have really of the best staffs working for them. I also needed help with traveling to different areas, and some personal advice like where can I buy this or that. I never seen a moment where any of the staffs were disinterested in helping me. I also witness this friendliness and hospitality towards other extended stay customers on many occasions. I can not think of anything that I did not like while staying at this hotel. I definetely would recommend this hotel for traveling nurses who will be in fairfax for a short period of time, or for anyone who is passing through this area for one night.
Thanks to all of them for making my stay here feel welcoming and for always having a smile on their faces.
I also would like to think the maintenance guy who also was friendly as well. I had to replace my iron once because it was not working well and the maintenance guy who gave me another one was so kind too. I know that if anyone who will come to this hotel will be greeted and treated well just like I was treated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Lutfiyyah,

Thank you for taking a moment to write such a positive review about your most recent stay with Extended Stay America Fairfax. When I see comments such as yours it shows me that there is a dedicated group of employees who understand the importance of taking care of our guests and ensuring they have the best possible experience. I am excited to share your comments with the team and hope you continue to have such positive experiences in all your travels. On behalf of the team of ESA - Fairfax I want to thank you again and to extend our best wishes for a very Happy Holiday season.

Area Operations Manager

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!