“Always clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3997 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fair Oaks)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Always clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few months and it has always been clean and comfortable. Ahsan is usually the one who greets me. He is friendly, quick, and efficient. The bed is comfortable, the shower is strong and hot, the tv is a nice flat screen with a good picture, and there is also a nice couch. I appreciate the good soundproofing - you do not hear your neighbors at all. I was in a different hotel recently and was able to hear my neighbors in the next room talking. I have choices of where I can stay while I'm travelling for business and I choose to stay here even if it's a little out of the way to where I need to go because I know I can count on a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Sloaneland,

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks regarding your most recent stay at the ESA in Fairfax.

After reading your comments the one sentence you wrote "I have choices of where I can stay while I'm travelling for business and I choose to stay here even if it's a little out of the way to where I need to go because I know I can count on a great experience." made me speachless.

I can not express in my reply how impactful this one sentence is and most importantly the impact it made on the managment and team of the hotel.

On behalf of the managment and staff of the ESA Fairfax Thank you and we look forward to your return very soon.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am a traveling nurse. So therefore, I move to different states every three months. For this assignment, it was my first time staying in a hotel for this lenght of time. I have to admit that I was nervous to stay in a hotel for this period of time for many reasons. One reason is that would they be able to keep my room clean the way I like it and if their staff was helpful in many other things that I knew I would need. As soon as I arrived at this hotel coming from alaska, I was greeted well at the first desk. Throughtout my time of staying here, I met many wonderful staff members who are all friendly, and they all seem to keep a smile on their face. I felt like this was definetely a family environment with all the staff members on first shift, including management, housekeepers and night shift workers. I wish I could remember all their names, but I cant. But the few names I remember are Sarah, Mohamed, Afsan, Rajesh (manager), the lebanese guy, and the new lady who work at the front desk who is from banglesdesh. There is this spanish lady who mainly cleaned my room was also so friendly as well. I really think that at this hotel located on Fair Ridge drive have really of the best staffs working for them. I also needed help with traveling to different areas, and some personal advice like where can I buy this or that. I never seen a moment where any of the staffs were disinterested in helping me. I also witness this friendliness and hospitality towards other extended stay customers on many occasions. I can not think of anything that I did not like while staying at this hotel. I definetely would recommend this hotel for traveling nurses who will be in fairfax for a short period of time, or for anyone who is passing through this area for one night.
Thanks to all of them for making my stay here feel welcoming and for always having a smile on their faces.
I also would like to think the maintenance guy who also was friendly as well. I had to replace my iron once because it was not working well and the maintenance guy who gave me another one was so kind too. I know that if anyone who will come to this hotel will be greeted and treated well just like I was treated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Lutfiyyah,

Thank you for taking a moment to write such a positive review about your most recent stay with Extended Stay America Fairfax. When I see comments such as yours it shows me that there is a dedicated group of employees who understand the importance of taking care of our guests and ensuring they have the best possible experience. I am excited to share your comments with the team and hope you continue to have such positive experiences in all your travels. On behalf of the team of ESA - Fairfax I want to thank you again and to extend our best wishes for a very Happy Holiday season.

Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Due to a medical situation, I have stayed at this Extended Stay for almost 2 years while I've had multiple surgeries. The staff have been superb. They go above and beyond for my many needs, are professional, courteous, and have made my stay a delight. In particular, Maria and Luz, the housekeepers, keep my room spotless with special consideration to my situation. The front desk staff are wonderful, and I cannot praise the management enough. Whatever your traveling needs, you will find this Extended Stay your home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Ms. Mcginnes,

Thank you so much for the very kind review. Often we hear from our guests what a great job the staff does, but to go the extra step and let the world know means the everything to them. We wish you continued success in your recovery and I am happy to know that in some small way we have helped along the way. Your comments posted hear will be shared with the entire team and I know that they will be so thrilled to read them.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent three weeks at this hotel with my wife and kids. Having read some rather negative or ambiguous comments on Trip Advisor before arriving I was rather worried whether I selected a proper place to stay with family. Shortly after we got there I realized my pick was a perfect one.
For a very reasonable cost you get a nice room with a kitchenette. The rooms are newly repaired and equipped. The hotel outdoor pool is also perfect, especially if there is a very hot weather with temperatures over 100 F.
The staff were very good, taking care and responsive. Do you need a cab? It is there in a few minutes. A great advantage is a Harry Teether store nearby at a walking distance from the hotel.
The pool might have opened earlier than at 2 p.m. on weekdays. I understand it was due the working hours of safeguards, but it would be nice especially in July when temperatures are really extremely high. What I really did not like was that some guests did not respect a smoke free area at the pool and were lazy to take a few more steps to the designated smoking area.
I would advice to make breakfast more varied or to give it a different name. On some days nothing but coffee was served. In this respect other comparable hotels provide a wider variety of food.
Another thing deserving attention despite the progress made is how the kitchenette is equipped. When we arrived we had to ask for more plates, forks, pots or mugs and glasses. It should be better equipped as a standard.
The last advice - if the hotel provides washers and dryers it should also always have enough quarters for guests so they don't have to go to get change elsewhere.
But all in all we had a very nice stay there, we have beautiful memories and we will return. I can recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear DeSouches,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest.

A few weeks after completing our renovations of the hotel, we launched a new Grab 'n Go breakfast concept. We now offer two brands of coffee, tea, granola bars, muffins, breakfast bars, fresh whole fruit and hot oatmeal. This new concept was recently added for guests such as yourself, who may normally prepare a meal in the room, but may want a quick bite or cup of coffee as they head out the door for the day.

I will also look into possibly making some adjustments to the pool hours for next year and , I along with the Hotel Manager will definitely make sure that quarters are always available at the front desk.

Once again, on behalf of the team at Extended Stay America and myself thank you for your kind comments and feedback. We look forward to seeing you and your family again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Fairfax-Fair Oaks
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Since day 1 when I arrived in the Washington, DC region as part of a corporate relo, the staff at the Extended Stay at Fair Ridge Drive made me feel welcome. Asan, the front desk clerk, ensured I had a fair rate, a nice quiet, clean room, and provided me with all the pertinent commuting details. (The bus to the metro is across the street!) The location is conveniently located near malls, grocery stores, metro, etc. I would certainly return as well as recommend to others.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the third floor, northeast side to minimize road traffic and HVAC noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Fitztravelers,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your most recent stay. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. Asan and the rest of the team at ESA Fairfax understands that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Fairfax-Fair Oaks
tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My Stay At Extended Stay America was one of the best stays I have ever expieranced and will return again The staff and the hotel itsself was wonderful and will be recomended to anyone I come in contact with that will be in that area

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Washington, D.C. - Fairfax. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax? Share your experiences!