“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard

You added Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10327 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Formerly Wellesley Inn Fairfax)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Fort Worth
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

Had an excellent stay at this hotel. Everyone here seemed very concerned that everything be done just right. The room was very clean. There was also lots of room. The sink was not in the bathroom which was very convenient. The hotel had the standard breakfast except they added eggs and sausage (bacon one day). They also have a manager's reception on Tuesday nights which included sandwiches, shrimp, veggies, and wings. The hotel is not within walking distance of the Metro, but a city bus headed to the Metro station stops in front of the hotel at least once an hour (depending on the time of day). The hotel is about a mile away from some shaded jogging trails. There is no swimming pool, and the fitness room was very basic. It takes about 30 minutes to drive or ride the Metro to downtown Washington without traffic, so it's not the most convenient location, but it is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Haven, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

Booked the hotel last about a week before staying there using AAA thru the hotel website. Got a rate of $101 a night. Booked the 2 queen bed room with plasma cable tv. We just needed a place to stay before transfering over to the marriott for a friend's wedding.

Great stay for the price given. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and really nice. Loved the tv. Was going to hook my laptop in to watch movies but never got a chance to try. The TV does not come off the wall but I could feel some input jacks on the left side. Just didn't have time because we arrived late.

For breakfast they had hot foods as well as the regular continental stuff. The eggs and saussages were a nice surpise.

I love the fact they have free internet access. I seriously don't understand why ever hotel dosen't do that.

We got a room on the first floor right around the corner from the breakfast area. My only complaint about this hotel is there isn't much soundproofing in the door. Could pretty much hear anything going on in the hallway as soon as morning rolled around which made it hard to sleep in late.

• Liked — Clean, Cheap, Great beds
  • Disliked — Lack of sound proofing between door and hallway
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2007

We stayed here for several days for our D.C. trip. It is an excellent value and the place was letter perfect for us.

Everything was fairly new and clean. The free breakfast had many selections including cereal, fruit, mini-yogurts, danish, eggs and sausage. Great assortment.

The wireless worked perfectly and they had plug in so my daughter could use her non-wireless enabled laptop. They had a regular computer and printed down in the lobby for patron use.

TV channels. Not very many. One of the few disappointments.

Staff: Very attentive. Went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. I really felt that they wanted our business.

Nearby to several chain restaurants (Hooters, Red Lobster, etc.)

About a mile from the subway. This was OK for us, as we had a car rented, but I'm not sure how guests without a car would get there, if there was a shuttle or not.

I would definitely come back here again.

• Liked — The amenities and excellent service
  • Disliked — Could have had more TV channels.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2007

Stayed in this hotel for one night on a business trip.

The welcome gift of a free bottle of water for Proirity Club members was a nice touch.

The fitness room is located up on the fourth floor, and has a big HDTV in it, along with a treadmill, stationary bike, and stairmaster. It all seemed new and operative. The only thing really missing from the room was a scale.

The rooms also have flat planel HDTVs in them, which is nice. What would be better, though, would be if the hotel got HD signals to those HDTVs. The TV has about 20 channels on it, all standard definition - even the broadcast networks are shown in SD (think:: the TV gets something akin to basic cable with HBO).

The room was comfortable and clean and completely up to my expectations for a HiEx.

Breakfeast was nice and also met my expecations: bagels, cereal, yogurt, cinnamon muffins, and more.

Did not get to try the high speed internet.

I only wished that they would upgrade the channel offerings on the TV - especially given the money they put into the flat planel HDTVs (upgrades would include putting up a $30ish antennae to get all the broadcast networks in HD, to get more than just the basic broadcast networks (eg: the CW network is not available), and to get channels like Comedy Central (need my "Daily Show" fix)...)

I Would stay here again if/when the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2007

My Husband and I were visiting some of our family and stayed at the hotel. At first I was really scared when I read all the reviews. So I called the hotel and talked to the front desk clerk who said that the renovations were done and not to worry and come in and see how nice it looks. So when we checked in I already had a plan B just in case I was going to be dissapointed.

Well to my surprise the place was so beautiful and new. You could tell that everything was new. The room was so spacious and the beds were very comfortable. They also had the shower heads that Holiday Inn advertises which made the water pressure so much better than other hotels that I have stayed at. And to top it off they had a flat Screen TV, and a little refrigerator. So all and all our stay was very nice. The next morning we had their free breakfast which was pretty good too. I am a coffee person, and their coffee was so yummy. Also I was surprised to see eggs and bacon which were for no extra charge.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was worth the price.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
Chattanooga, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

I booked a room at this hotel after reading the review posted June 06 which indicated the hotel had been renovated and the work completed. However, that is NOT the case. Work is still continuing and according to the desk clerk it is being converted into a Holiday Inn Express and the work is not due for completion for some time yet; that was clearly evident as the breakfast room off the lobby was closed for repairs and what breakfast they offered (extremely limited continental breakfast) was being served from a standard 2nd floor room - - very cramped quarters. Construction was evident everywhere in the hotel and construction materials filled part of the front parking lot. My room was OK, small but servicable with a large plasma TV in the room but the room was small as was the bathroom. Due to construction you cannot make a long distance phone call on the room phone. I am one of the few people who do not carry a cell phone and after returning to my room following dinner, I discovered I had a phone message from my family asking me to call home. The front desk clerk apologized but said I had to go outside the hotel to make any type of long distance call. Luckily it was not an emergency but you would have thought they would have told you this upon check in. At nearly $90 a night my recommendation is that you should stay away from the Inn at Fairfax until all consruction is complete.

• Liked — Large plasma TV, however, only about a dozen channels were available and many of those were either total sports or news
  • Disliked — Phone service, size of rooms, continental breakfast, dirty environment due to construction
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay here until renovations are complete.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

This place was nothing like we expected after reading the review. Everything was brand new! They are doing a complete remodel. The beds were soft, the towels smelled great, and the bath room was clean! The staff was pleasent. We requested extra towels and pillows and they got them right to us. The breakfast was great. You had a choice of cereal, waffles, french toast, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, bagels, coffee, or juice. The eating area was clean. It's w/ in 5 minutes to the metro and it easy to find. For the price of the room we got a bargin!!!! I recomend anyone looking to stay in the DC area to try this place out! you get more than your moneys worth!!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard? Share your experiences!