“Thank you to the entire staff at Fairfax Holiday Inn Express!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard

You added Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10327 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Formerly Wellesley Inn Fairfax)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Fairfax, Virginia
“Thank you to the entire staff at Fairfax Holiday Inn Express!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am writing this on behalf of Irine Strauss and her staff at the Fairfax Holiday Inn Express who could not have been any more accommodating or welcoming to the people who did some training for FCPS the last week of June (June 25-June 28, 2014). They gave us a great price, worked with us to make sure that it was easy for out of town participants to register, took great care of our consultants and Irine was very responsive and genuinely wonderful!
From the get go, Irine answered her phone, called me back and found out good information for me to base my whole institute on! We had 650 people come from all over the world to take classes offered by the College Board (Advanced Placement classes) and they were able to implement a system to ensure that FCPS paid for the right people, helped the out of towners with good restaurants and remediated any issues in any of the rooms right away.
Irine’s staff, in particular, Phillip, was so funny and clearly knew how to handle himself under pressure! That humor went a long way closer and closer to the event.
Lastly, if the feedback from the consultants and the participants weren’t that they wanted a hotel with a restaurant and a pool-I would already be on the books for next year. In a very classy fashion, when I explained this to Irine and asked for her to find a full service hotel in the IHG brand, she jumped at the opportunity.
I am very grateful to have gotten to use the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax and for the staff members who made the consultants and the participants feel so welcome and take care of. I appreciate their professional creativity and cheerful personalities as every interaction was totally easy!

Thank you for this opportunity! I appreciate the wonderful job that the hotel staff did and the extra attention that Irine paid me so that I could do this really big part of my new job!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will ensure that Irine, Phillip and the rest of the team is recognized for their hard work and great service. We thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax and we look to seeing and hosting your consultants and participants next year.

Paul Reyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lewistown, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We arrived too early to check in to our rooms but the staff allowed us to place our luggage in a secured area so that we could travel downtown and see the sights before our long flight overseas.
Nothing exceptional about this place but it's clean, close to Dulles, and the rates are reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We value your feedback and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind when you travels brings you back to the Fairfax, Virginia area.

New Lebanon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed two nights at HI Arlington at Ballston. Found the hotel easy to find from road (at the base of the ramp). Easy to access from both sides of street (drove to/from multiple points in Arlington during visit). Easy to find Metro (~150 yards down street). Easy to access multiple food locations. Free WiFi was easy to engage. Quick and easy check in/check out... There just wasn't a downside. Rooms were common but clean. Didn't eat at hotel resturant due to proximity of local and chain alternatives. I'd select them again in a future visit over nearby hotels running $100 a night higher.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you and hope to see you soon! =)

Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were in town for our daughter's orientation at GMU & chose this hotel randomly for it's location, which is great for the college. What a wonderful suprise! The staff at this hotel were super friendly, helpful & knowledgeable. It made our stay that much better. The rooms were very clean, & smelled really good. Everything was modern & updated. Plus they had the cutest little shampoo, conditioner & lotion from Bath & Body Works.
Even better I slept so good, which is unusual when out of my own bed.The beds are super comfortable & they have such a variety of pillows, which are all labeled soft or firm!
Barbara at the front desk both checked us in & checked us out. She was sweet. It was like staying with our grandmother. I even told her when we went to get coffee, we'd be right back :)
If you're in Fairfax & need a place to stay, I would stay here.
It's also really close to the Metro for easy access to every where.

Room Tip: Ice Machine is on the 3rd floor :) Workout room is on the 4th.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will continue to stay with us in the near future. We are now the closest hotel to GMU. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My daughter and I spent a weekend here after flying in for a bridal shower. The hotel was average. Clean, but with a funky smell in the (2nd floor) hallway. My daughter said it smelled like her soccer bag. The breakfast both days was very nice and replenished quickly. Our keys did not work after housekeeping was there on Saturday and it was a pain to go back down to the lobby, show an ID and get the cards reactivated. We are returning in August (with a gaggle of relatives) for the wedding and I hope the key issue does not happen to every guest because for elderly relatives, the trip back and forth would be exhausting. The front desk indicated that it happens often. Other than that, I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for all your valuable feedback. We've already addressed the problems that you've experience. We apologize for a less than perfect experience and we hope to restore that faith in us during your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax

New Iberia, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel was clean and was updated. The hot breakfast was wonderful! I was very impressed with the staff. They were kind and helpful! The night staff went out of their way to help us. The rooms were clean.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Paul R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We are happy to hear about your wonderful experience. Please keep us in mind when your travels brings you to the Fairfax area. We look forward to your return.

Totowa, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

When checking in the lobby was in order, however the room that was given was old and had out dated furniture. The room had a musty mold smell. The mattress was very worn and you could feel the springs.
But for the real surprise was the unexpected guest that I found on my bed when I woke up. There was a nasty roach in my bed. I showed the photo of the bug on my bed to the desk manager and he could careless.
My advise is to stay somewhere else until they renovate or build a new one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. I do apologize for the lack of satisfaction during your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. All of the issues have been heard and are being addressed. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Paul Reyes

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard? Share your experiences!