“Awesome Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10327 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Formerly Wellesley Inn Fairfax)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Manassas, Virginia
“Awesome Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is convenient to my work, I have stayed there so many times, and Barbara, Shakhnoza, and Xiomara, to name a few, deserve to be recognized. Barbara is always very, very helpful when I need secure a room. Shakhnoza's pleasant nature first thing in the morning helps to start my day off right, and Xiomara's assistance when being checked in... sometimes I want to check in twice! Thanks to all of you. MC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thanks for being a loyal guest! I will share the kind words with the staff. We appreciate you choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax and we look forward to serving you again.

Thanks,

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is less expensive than nearby similar hotels so it is a decent value if you are just looking for overnight lodging. Doesn't appear to have been refurbished in a few years. There is a Red Lobster across the street and multiple other chain restaurants within a mile. My sister who stayed multiple nights returned to her room in the late evening one night and the room had not been cleaned. She had multiple issues with key not working.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear about your experience during your visit. We look forward to serving you again here at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

During the months of February, March and May 2014, I stayed at the HIE-Fairfax. It is a nice hotel; good location with decent rooms. All that in mind, the thing I appreciated the most about my hotel stays was the excellent service at breakfast. Long story short, I was amazed by the grace and efforts of Shakhnoza. For example, at the hotel during morning breakfast, she greeted everyone with a friendly "hello". Even when two large groups of young adults were in the breakfast area, related to school field-trips, she made sure there was plenty of supplies and food available. Needless to say, next time when I'm in Fairfax, I would look to Holiday Inn Express as my first choice of stay, considering the high level of service and sincerity present there.
Thanks and regards,
Tom H

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure Shakhnoza is recognized for her great service. We appreciate you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We look forward to your return.

Lakewood, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Overall, this was a good stay.

My first experience with the staff was when I called in the day before my reservation. I was coming into town on a Red Eye flight, scheduled to arrive at 7AM, with a training class to attend at 9AM. I called to see if I could schedule an early check-in, which would allow me to check in and freshen up before the class.

I spoke with Irene (if my memory serves), the sales manager, who told me that the hotel was full, and they would do what they could to accommodate me, but my best bet was to add an additional night to my stay (to the front end of the reservation), which would insure that I had a room when I arrive early the next day. I asked if they had a room available, and she said she would check and call back. A few hours later, I received a call back saying they could add the extra night, which I went ahead and booked. I was happy that I was able to do so, and appreciated the suggestion and help in booking it.

Upon arrival to the room, I noticed two things; the mini refrig was not working at all (warm, if not hot inside), and the desk area had only one power outlet, which was built into the base of the desk lamp. That power outlet was not working.

As I was departing for my class before 9AM, I went to the front desk to see what could be done. There was no one at the front desk, but after a short wait, one of the housekeepers came and asked if they could help. I explained the situation with both the refrig and desk. She said that she couldn't do anything about the refrig, but would see if they could replace the desk lamp.

Upon my return in the early evening, the lamp had been replaced and the power was available.

Breakfast (included in the rate) the next morning was adequate. They had coffee & juice, some dry cereals, microwave oatmeal, basic fruit & muffins, toast, a pancake maker, and some prefab scrambled egg disks, turkey sausage patties, and some dried out biscuits. I opted for the eggs, sausage, and an English muffin, and took it and some coffee to my room. I was leery, but it actually made a satisfying and filling breakfast.

All-in-all, I would say it was a good stay, with helpful staff and comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
We appreciate your valuable feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We look forward to your return.

Hayes, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I booked this hotel based on other reviews and since it was close to Fairfax High School. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and they do a pretty good job at their free breakfast. The hotel could use some updating in the color department. Everything worked great in our room so I didn't have any interaction with the hotel staff other than check in. At check-in they were very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
We are glad to that you had a great experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We look foward to serving you in the near future.

-Paul Reyes
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We love staying here, just down the road from my brother and his family of 6! The HIE offers us clean, quiet comfort and a nice breakfast in the morning. The room was clean, the area safe, and the breakfast staff is always kind and obliging. We added a night at the last minute, and the front desk staff handled it with no trouble.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future.

Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I booked a room with Holiday Inn Express, Fairfax, to visit a dear friend. I booked several months in advance and chose the cheapest possible rate. Due to illness, my visit was cancelled. I am not sure how many online chat reps, email reps and phone reps I have spoken to with Holiday Inn Express so far ... but I have been refused a refund by every single one. They have been rude, not understanding and unwilling to work with me. They offered to re-schedule my trip and I told them I would not be taking the trip PERIOD and if I did decide to in the future, I would not be staying with them. The lack of customer service is appalling and disgusting. When attempting to reschedule, they could not even find a date available in the future and insisted they needed my credit card information, although they already have it. I am done with staying at any Holiday Inn Express if this is the way I, as a "guest," am going to be treated.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear lcorrell14,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fairfax.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard? Share your experiences!