“Easy access to DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10327 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Formerly Wellesley Inn Fairfax)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Easy access to DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hotel is quite nice, rooms cozy, beds soft and comfy. I am a long term guest on business, so I have been here a while. Front Desk staff are very helpful. The one I have dealt with the most is the evening supervisor, Anatasia - always a friendly smile and willingness to help.

The only draw back is the large bus groups that seemling never end during my stay. Some groups are very respectful, while others seem to run amuck w/o any supervision. I know this is not the hotels fault, but perhaps a suggestion, that the groups all be housed on one floor, so as to not disrupt other guests.

I asked to be move to another floor, since the groups alwasy seemed to be on my floor - and Anatasia gladdly made the change

PS - nice hot breakfast every morning -- nice selection - but as a note (make sure you beat the large bus groups to the HOT breakfast) - otherwise the kids will eat it ALL.....

Room Tip: 1st Floor seems to be the quietest
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This location gives you great value for staying near the Washington, DC area. The staff is super friendly and helpful every time that I have stayed. The rooms are very well kept and clean. About the only thing that I would change is the unimaginative breakfast, but that's a corporate decision. Other than that, it's my number one choice in Fairfax.

• Stayed March 2013
Cape Fear, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I make multiple visits to DC and the surrounding area due to work. The hotel is clean comfortable and a custom fit for this frequent business traveler. I have been to this location around 10 times since January of this year. The staff and night attendants exceed there customer care in all aspects. Business exceptions with computer access and faxing capabilities are a plus. Thanks again to Anastasia for going above and beyond always.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little outdated. The hotel staff during our stay were hit or miss, some people were helpful and kind and some people did 't seem to know what was going on. The breakfast was alright for being free but only served til 930. The sink is in the main part of the room not in the bathroom itself which completely grosses me out.

• Stayed February 2013
hiefairfax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Your opinion is valuable to us.

Rome, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I'd been told HIE purchased the building several years ago and is renovating it. My room was very modern and very comfortable. A microwave would have made it perfect. The service was *outstanding;* on par with a much more expensive hotel. I highly recommend it. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We look forward to be at your service again in the future.

HATTIESBURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I chose to stay at this facility during the 2013 Inauguration weekend primary due the price compared to other hotels during this time, secondly it was not to far from the DC area and a Metro station. Upon arriving at HIE of Fairfax, VA we were greeted by Ms. Barbara. Her warm smile and willingness to make our stay there the best we could have, really made me feel at home. My sister and I looked forward to being greeted by her smile after a long day of site seeing in the city. Breakfast bar was great, hotel was clean and comfortable, and within driving distance to nice restaurants and shopping areas. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hiefairfax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. Your comments are appreciated and we look forward to be at your service again when and if your travel plans bring you back into our area.

Best Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Arrived the day before the POTUS inauguration. The receptionist was extremely friendly (even at 11pm at check-in). I stayed in a standard king-size room. The hotel is definitely dated. My room was straight out of the 80's. I had to kneel down just to get the top of my head wet in the shower. It had some strange twisting handle for the shower controls. I have never seen anything like that in all my stays at Intercontinental Hotels. The carpet in the room needed to be replaced as well. You get the standard HIE breakfast; so nothing special here. The one great thing though is the proximity to the Vienna/Fairfax Metro line into DC. Only about 5 minutes away. There are some really good restaurants within a ten minute drive as well. It served the purpose of needing a room to stay, but I think upon return I will try to look for something a little nicer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments and experience with us. We greatly appreciate that. We were replacing guest room carpets that week but had to stop the work due to the busy inauguration weekend and now the work is complete and guest rooms have new carpets. We are happy to hear that you received great service during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax.

Vanessa McManus

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fairfax-Arlington Boulevard? Share your experiences!