“Kind of neat, quick to get through” 4 of 5 stars

Type: History Museums, Specialty Museums
Activities: Group tours/train
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Small museum that highlights the long history of firearms.
Brampton, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Kind of neat, quick to get through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 NEW

Only takes an hour at the most to go through this museum. There are some pretty interesting guns there and it is a very cozy and nicely kept place.

Visited July 2014

Ladue, Missouri, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Really Neat Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Found this museum on Tripadvisor and stopped in on a Thursday afternoon. It is a free museum and the amount of items they have on display is truly amazing. I was able to go through the museum in about 1.5 hours but I would allow more if you are a gun buff. I visited with a friend of mine who is not a big gun fan and he really enjoyed the intricate and beautiful work on some of the guns. We also really enjoyed the gallery that featured all of the Hollywood weapons.

I do wish they offered tours with a docent as it would have been nice to have someone, "in the know," point out significant pieces. That being said I would recommend this museum to gun lovers and those with a passing interest in firearms. It's a must see stop if you are in the DC area.

Visited June 2014
Centreville, Virginia
“Fantastic Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Visited the National Firearms Museum numerous times, both alone and with children. Very educational for both. I especially appreciated the history - from blunderbus to modern. And the curator was most helpful - pointed out the M14 that i was looking for, my training rifle. The NFM is also a great visit for Boy Scouts. Contact the NFM beforehand and you'll probably get a specially guided tour.

Visited February 2014
albany ny
25 attraction reviews
“a nice find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My daughter and I were not thrilled about going to this but actually found it to be a good museum. Great movie guns section- cool tusks at the fireplace.

Visited May 2014
Romney, West Virginia
“A young man's dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My father took me here in '87 when I was a young teenager. I have only been this amazed and in awe, by the Air and space museum, and the museum of natural history. I took 2 rolls of 110 film photos, and created an entire photo album which I still have. Can you imagine that? An entire photo album filled with all of the historic firearms which I dream of. If you love history, well, don't miss out on this.

Visited June 2013

Been to National Firearms Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage National Firearms Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later