“Wonderful Place...” 5 of 5 stars

Suffolk, Virginia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I love this place! They were nice and the wines were wonderful!

Visited January 2012

Hartsville, South Carolina
38 attraction reviews
“Out of the way but worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Delfoss is owned by a gentleman from France. He is making some fantastic wines. We have been going there for five years now and the tasting is always great. Make sure you try the meritage and the ambrosia. Try the other stuff too, but those are awesome. Take the extra time and make the trip to Delfoss, you will not be sorry.

Visited September 2011
charleston
“Top Notch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

This was by far the best wine experience I've ever had. Beautiful property and I did not taste a wine I did not like!!!

Indianapolis, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
“Great wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I have been visiting Delfosse for about 3-4 years now. It is a pretty setting but I definitely do not go here for the view. If you go for scenery go to Veritas, King Family, Stone Mountain, etc. I definitely go here for the wines. In my opinion it is the number 1 or 2 winery in terms of wine quality in all of Virginia. Also each time I go here the wine seems to get better and better. Claude is always very nice and welcoming. I like the red wines but the white wines especially the chardonnay reserve and viogner reserve are the stars here.

I recommend it to anybody wanting to try some excellent quality wines.

Alexandria, VA
14 attraction reviews
“Favorite Charlottesville Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

This winery offers exceptional wines, along with a great outside area to sit and enjoy the scenery, a bottle of wine and a cheese plate. Whenever we got winetasting in the Charlottesville area, we always make sure DelFosse is on our list. The winery is run by a husband/wife who are very friendly and love to chat with tasters.