“You don't want to stay there!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“You don't want to stay there!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We needed a hotel as a stopover between Savannah, Georgia and our home. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and checking them out on the Bed Bug Registry, we decided to make a reservation. What a mistake!! The room was in dire need of a makeover, especially the bed that creaked every time one of us moved, which was often. We were on the first floor, and it sounded as though there was a wild party going on outside of our room. I eventually broke down and called the front desk. She said she would go out and talk to them, which she did. She told them that somebody called the front desk about the noise level and they should go into their room. They didn't go without a lot of yelling first! The next morning when I went to the bathroom, a big black bug crossed my path. I screamed, and my husband came running! The only saving grace about this hotel was the breakfast. I only got cold cereal, but my husband said that it wasn't bad. If you're looking for comfort, this is not the place for you!

Room Tip: Go someplace else!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

While on vacation to South Carolinia my wife and I stayed at this location.
Very nice hotel.
Hotel staff was very nice.
Clean room and a very nice breakfast.
Room rate was great with a coupon from travel magazine.
Would stay hear again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

While traveling cross country, my son and I stayed at the Best Western in Emporia, VA. We used a coupon in a travel magazine we got at the Virginia Welcome Center. The price we paid was extremely low and the room was really nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was large and clean. The location was great - close by convenient stores and restaurants. The friendly front desk agent even gave us a list of places that deliver. It was one of the nicest places we stayed during our journey.

Room Tip: You can't beat this place for value!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

If you're looking for a place to stay while traveling along 95 the Best Western in Emporia, Va is the place. It's right off 95 Exit 11 and near some of the best southern cooking in town.
I've been staying there for three years while traveling for work; no matter what time or weather I arrive, I'm greeted with a smile. The coffee is always warm, the rooms clean and Lee , who serves breakfast has the best waffles you'll ever taste. The rates a fair and the quality great. Just ask for Pam, Tia, Angie or Raven.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Boca Grande, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

My daughter was traveling (solo with a small dog) from NY to NC and stopped here for the evening. I phone for a reservation because she was in heavy traffic. Front dest had me phone back twice. When she arrived to check in she was asked to leave the lobby because she had her dog with her, (IN HER PURSE). REALLY, the dog was in her purse. Be aware if you are by yourself. She was very uncomfortable leaving her car running or leaving the dog in the car when temperatures where in high 80's. The front dest clerk did hurry along the check in process and her stay became very pleasant. Room was clean, beds OK. Breakfast was very good, and morning front desk clerk was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was coming down to the area last minute on a Thursday night for the weekend and had no idea where I would be staying. A friend of mine had told me that the Best Western was nice. When I walked in I was greeted by a women name Tia. I had told her my situation and she could of not been more nice and helpful while the whole time had a smile on her face, repeating "Sir it's not a problem, glad I can help you!" As I turned to walk away she stopped me reminding me of the breakfast they would be serving in the morning. I ask would she be there for breakfast and still with a smile on her face she laughed and said "no but I will be here Saturday morning, Sir." I was so pleased to see a warm smile greeting me after a 12 hour drive from Boston, MA. So the next time I come down, I will be staying at the Best Western Emporia asking for Tia.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Customer service was great!!!!! I wuz given great information and directions on places thats great to take the family to visit and the best places to eat. Enjoyed the the pool and the quality of the room.......Know where to stop on my next trip!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Emporia? Share your experiences!