“A great place to stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
West Milford, United States
“A great place to stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very clean, friendly, great hot breakfast, not like those continental breakfasts - this one has eggs, meat, fruit, bread and bagels, donuts, yogurt, cereal etc. - a great stopping point along 95. CLean room, comfy bed and nice people. Very convient place to stop when driving south on 95 in southern VA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I love staying at Hampton Inns They have a great hot breakfast every day. that's a plus for me. I also stayed at the Myrtle Beach Sc hotel and being on the beach is a plus also. step right onto the beach in the morning!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent place to stay. Always very clean, safe and quite. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Such a great place to stay away from home. If you need something, the staff is always willing to help out. Thanks for taking care of me!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I might be the first person to ever review a hotel WITHOUT actually staying in it but I couldn't help but call out the attention to customer service I received from the staff of this hotel. I had a reservation to stay at this hotel as an overnight stop as we drove our family to Myrtle Beach for our summer vacation. We left in the evening as we typically do and after sitting in just torturous unexpected traffic due to accidents and nighttime construction I knew that the 5 1/2 hours I had intended to drive was going to take 7 or 8 at the rate we were going and I'd be arriving the hotel at 4am (if I was lucky). I at first called the hotel just as a courtesy to ensure our room wouldn't be given away and to inform them of our late arrival and request for a crib in the room. The lady who answered the phone (I wish I got her name but it was the night of 8/22 into 8/23 so hopefully hotel mgmt will use that info to help commend her) was so friendly and understanding. She asked me to call back if we were having trouble making it in a timely manner and encouraged me to stay safe and not get too overtired on the road. The traffic and such took its toll and in the interest of our safety (and ensuring a good drive the next day) we got as far as the north side of Richmond before deciding to call an audible to plan B. I called back and told her I was looking at possibly staying at another Hampton Inn along I-95 given our situation, and she kindly, without hesitation encouraged us to do so and offered to cancel our reservation WITHOUT penalty which I thought was extremely nice given the typical hotel cancellation policy. In this day an age of companies taking customers to the bank for every nickle and dime I found her hospitality (even on the phone) and understanding a step above most. I look forward to the opportunity to give this Hampton Inn a try on our next road trip.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The overall quality of hotel was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. There was also an excellent Mexican restaurant across the street from the hotel. There was one troublesome aspect to the Hampton Inn however. An incidentals fee of approximately $20 was added to my credit card and stayed on my card for a few days. This seemed ridiculous to me because there was no place in the hotel I could have spent money other than on the room fee. I was not informed that this fee would be added at check-in.

Washington, DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was conveniently located right off of 95 South. I had also requested a crib when I made my reservation and sure enough it was there and waiting for me when I checked in at 1130pm after traveling 3 hours with my child. Awesome!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Mickleton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stopped at the Hampton Inn Emporia every year for our stop over hotel on the way to Myrtle Beach. As always, we found the staff friendly and accommodating! Our room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast area has been re-done and looked great. We hope to stop again next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!