“NO BEDBUGS-A NICE HOTEL” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Boston area
“NO BEDBUGS-A NICE HOTEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have to admit that I was really concerned staying at this particular establishment based on the previous two reviews stating that this Fairfield Inn had a bedbug infestation. I am happy to report that I found no trace of bedbugs in my room, nor did any of the three other people I was traveling with. I cannot speak regarding the other reviews but I don't think it is particularly fair to label this hotel as having a bedbug problem when I found quite the contrary, and trust me, I searched my room top to bottom, checking the mattress, bedboard, etc. This Fairfield Inn is actually nice provIding guestes a good value for their money. While it is not the Ritz Carlton, I found the rooms be be clean, comfortable, and adequate given the price paid. Some small imporovements the hotel could make would be a better selection of tv channels, they have really nice LG flat panel tv's with a limited number of channels, I think 27 in all. They don't even have some of the more popular channels like TVland, TLC, or Nick at Nite-I was a little surpised. I would recommend this Fairfield Inn and I do have to say the service was outstanding, Eric at the front desk was very welcoming and friendly. Also, kudos to Kathy Peterson, the general manager. She even took the time to follow up with a personal e-mail to make sure I was satisfied with my stay. I was very impressed and would recommend this Fairfield Inn to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Emporia I-95, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Thank you so much for your review and for setting the record straight. We appreciate your business and I am glad that you found our hotel friendly, clean and affordable. It is always our goal to exceed our guest expectations! We take that very seriously at this hotel. We appreciate our guest business and we try to show it!

We hope to see you again soon.
Kathy Petersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011 via mobile

As a new yorker I always check the mattress for signs of bedbugs. Upon lifting the sheets there was one crawling. For the bug to be crawling around with no host in the bed, there must be an infestation bc they usually only come out when there is a host!!!! We immediately grabbed our bags and told the manager who denied there ever being a problem and it is the first time he had ever heard of this and said it was probably some other bug?!?! He was nice and gave us a refund.

• Stayed February 2011
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Emporia I-95, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
I do apologize for your experience and feelings of pest control issues at our hotel.

I want to assure you that I took this very seriously. We had a third party pest dectector company (K9 Pest Detectors) come in to inspect the hotel and specifically the room that you stayed in. I am happy to report there were no bed bugs found. I have received clearances both visually and canine clearances. Please contact me if you would like to see those clearances and I will be happy to provide you with them for your own peace of mind. I know this must have been very scarey for you and I do hope that this relieves your mind.

I welcome your phone call should you have any further questions or concerns.
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Woke up to find bedbugs all over our bed. Went to the front desk and had to wait until the manager returned to get a refund for our stay. We did get a refund but the manager did not even bother to come over to apologize to us, instead the girl at the front desk came over to tell us they refunded our nights stay. We were on our way south for vacation- had to buy laundry detergent, steam cleaner, bed bug spray and pay for use of washer/dryer at the next hotel. Not to mention being up half the night trying to clean everything. We are home from our trip now and worried if we brought them home with us- scheduled a pest control to come out to look at our luggage and house. Everything I have read on line says bedbugs are costly to get rid of- thousands of dollars for pest control and need to get rid of furniature. home goods, etc. This was a horrible costly experience. Do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

I welcome your phone call should you have any further questions or concerns.
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Our family recently stayed overnight at this hotel on our way to NYC. We were very pleased with our stay. Eric (front desk) and Michelle (breakfast hostess) were pleasant, friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet. Breakfast was just enough to get you going in the morning with a variety of choices. We will definitely stay at this hotel on future trips.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
FFIS117, Manager at Fairfield Inn Emporia I-95, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Thank you so much for your review and comments. We want our guest to know their business is appreciated at our hotel. YOU are important to us! We want our guest to know we are happy they chose our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again and I will certainly share your comments with Eric and Michelle.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I travel quite a bit but this stay was really gross to say the least. I went barefoot across the carpet and felt moisture seep up through the carpet in the room. I asked to have my room changed and they promptly did so...but gave me a room in the same situation. Both rooms were on the first floor. Every time I went in or out of the hotel, the desk clerk felt the need to speak to me, "Enjoy your evening out" (I was getting something from my car)..."Welcome back"....Again, I went out to my car and AGAIN he annoyingly said the same things over and over again. Then when I sat down at the business computer to quickly print something...he felt the need to keep talking to me. I like friendly people but please take a cue when someone doesn't want to talk..they don't answer back or ask questions (like me) so please stop the conversation! I needed to concentrate on what I was doing. In the a.m., I tried to stomach the breakfast and took a swig of orange juice...it tasted like the machine hadn't been clean in years. Nope...gonna take Fairfield off my list for good now.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Emporia I-95, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems that you experienced at our hotel. That is not normal at our hotel. I assure you the problem was addressed immediately as we take all guest comments very seriously. We try to provide the best possible experience for our guest each and every visit. Please contact me directly should you be traveling through our area again and I can assure you I will take good care of you.
Annapolis, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Friendly, great stop in the midst of massive rains. Little things mean a lot. Hot hot tea water, fresh coffee at 8 pm
It met it's function a big bed and a step away from 95.

• Stayed September 2010
hank you so much for your response and comments. It our pleasure to provide you with excellent customer service and dependable service each and every time you visit our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
ellicott city, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

great stop over place, traveling from south carolina to maryland. only complaint was the size of the pool. but, i guess if you are just stoping to cut your trip in half. most people do not go swimming. everything was very clean. ask for roll away bed, when i got there, desk (eric) said it was additional charge 15.00. but, i said on my reservations, it did not state that. he took it office. thanks eric

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
FFIS117, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Emporia I-95, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Thank you for your response and feedback. It is wonderful when we hear from our guest as that gives us an opportunity for improvement. I am so glad that Eric was able to assist you so well. Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Fairfield Inn Emporia I-95? Share your experiences!