“Rooms unclean! Run away, very fast!!! Will someone please close this place!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Carpet Inn Emporia

Red Carpet Inn Emporia
You added Red Carpet Inn Emporia to your Saves list
Red Carpet Inn Emporia
1586 Skippers Road, Emporia, VA 23847-6104   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Fleischmanns, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

After driving several hours and being it was 11:00 p.m. we had to stop for the night. Thinking that this would be a good place and we were extremely tired by this time we stopped here at the Red Carpet Inn. Well being the person I am I done a quick overlook of the room upon entering, but mind you we were so exhausted we just really needed a place to crash so to speak. So come morning after getting a bit of sleep we noticed just how FILTHY THIS PLACE REALLY WAS!!!! OMG if our housekeeping staff (yes we have a lodging business as well) done work like this they would be fired! It's obvious they don't care! So I have to agree with these others, DON'T GO THERE!!!!!

Room Tip: DON'T GO HERE!!!!!!!! Try and hold out and go a few more miles up the road and get something cle...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family and i were visiting from out of town and all the other hotels were full so we went to This is the nastiest smelliest unfriendly place to spend stay The smell of the room was so bad that i could not breath, the bathtub was dirty and the covers on the bed had not been changed and we all were itching from something . I informed the clerk and she did not care to hear what i had to say so i told her what to do with her hotel key and how far to shove it

Room Tip: Keep driving pass this place
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Branchville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

This place was by far the worst I have stayed at. Would have left for sure, if my car had not broken down at exit 8 and barely made it into the parking lot. Sheets were filthy, the pillowcases were dirty w/ makeup and smeared w/ random nasty... Hole in the wall in the shower (which of course we did not use) and the whole place stunk to holy heck. I could not sleep for fear of bugs and worried about what I might catch in the dirty sheets.... Worst was that I had a small child with us. When I called the front desk to ask for clean pillowcases, I was told they had none???? Then I called back to say we were leaving (a bluff since we were broken down, or id already have left...) and I was told no refund since I had spent "so much time in the room" (LESS then 5 minutes!!!) Then finally front desk called back saying, ohhh yeah we do have some clean pillow cases!?!?! My daughter and I both got sick after staying here.... Can't say for sure but maybe a sick person had slept in the clearly unwashed bed...... WOuld NEVER go back, travelers beware!
PS almost forgot to mention, our door did not shut right, and there was a razor blade outside our door on the ground? And lots of LOUD rowdy people all night////

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a 1960"s era property with 75 or so rooms. Although it may me a litttle dated it is exceptionally clean and appealling. My charge was $35 for the night and everthing was exceptional -- from the freindly staff in the office to the maids. For an older property, I don't know how they keep it so clean! Located just off of exit 8 in VA, I would recc ommend this Mothel to all travelers! Kudos for a job well done!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

On Sunday-Thursday, property is VERY quiet! Ask for the high $20/low $30 rate--also find internet coupon. Clean, non-smoking rooms with a just-right bed mattress, good flowing hot shower water, though room doors outside are faded and need repainting; parking lot needs improved restriping/pavement maintenance. Yet, certainly much cleaner room, better beds than heavily advertised, lower-priced Reste Motel just north of Emporia; more cable channels than Knights Inn (I counted 60+ channnels at Red Carpet). Stayed two quiet days/nights--total bill was around $70. A safe place to stop off I-95/U.S. 301 when doing interstate or leisure traveling. Truck stop, limited-hours Convenience store across street--but they are not noisy from the motel. Another convenience store 1 mile n. on 301 into town sells lower priced gasoline; another mile further n. on 301 into old downtown Emporia, new, colorful Piggly Wiggly on side street to left near traffic light.

Room Tip: Ask for hi $20/lo $30 rate--use internet coupon
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
rockwelldesign
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Driving from CT to Myrtle Beach we stopped here at around 3am. For the $40, we couldnt beat it, but I knew something was up when the guy in the office, who we paid through a bank teller window, was sketched out about US because we were from CT but had a rent a car with MA plates on it. The room, oh boy! I felt like we were on COPS, no actually I don't think I ever seen such a dirty place even on COPS. Dead cockroaches, damp musty, gross. We slept for about 3 hours on top of the sheets. We were so tense/freaked out/on edge that part what though the night, my fiancee woke up and asked me something and I jumped up and screamed as if a bug were crawling on my face and I was about to be murdered. All in all a gross creepy place to stay, but I will never forget it and will tell the story for for years to come. I don't think anyone will ever read this review before going here because, as it was for us, this place is just a last resort for people looking to get out for the cheapest rate possible and catch a couple hours of sleep. Thankfully it wasn't the summer, so it wasn't too hot and gross, but it sure was damp and musty. I honestly couldn' even dream this place up in a nightmare it was so bad. Spend the extra 12 dollars(literally) and go to the Sleep Inn down the road.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
ma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

This place is the creamiest crop of crap when it comes to hotels.
Are you spontanious? Do you want to experience the true outdoors while being inside behind closed doors?
Well by all means this might be the place for you !!!
The creepy crawlers and multiple flies infesting the rooms are just the first of many adventures you will find here at red carpet inn. ITs a true hellish experience.
The bugs crawling down your walls, the baby roaches crawling on your pillows, and the flithy bathrooms will also add to the true outdoor feeling you will have while in Eporia Virginias Red Carpet Inn. Its located Exit 8 off rt 1-95 & us 301south,,
Ask for Yogi Patel, he is the manager of this dump and screwed us out of our money.

Well here is my story of this filthy place.
We were on oour way back home from vacationing in florida and found this place around 8 pm. We pulled into the front enterance and walked into the main lobby. That should have been the clear sign to high tail it out of there.. One woman was indian, all we could smell was curry powder and strange odors..I had to use the bathroom , so she told me it was in the back, i walked in the back, and seen a multitude of children in a room off the back hall, it was as if a family was living in a one room place.. In any event we were tired and rented 2 rooms, one for my inlaws and one for me,wife and kid.
We then proceded to go straight across the street to get something to eat, was very good food i may add, After an hour we go back to our room to check them out and unpack for the night. WHAT A DISASTER !!!!..
The different species of bugs that infested our rooms was something out of a nature magazine. Flies, dragon flies, spiders, roaches and other unknowns infested the place. BABY ROACHES crawling on the pillows, and under the bed sheets !!!!!!!
The inside of the fridge was disgusting, almost as if it had mold growing inside. The bathroom tub was all dirty as if someone had used it and left it with pubik hair, and the drain was all rusty.
The bathroom door did not close with out pushing really hard and chipped paint all over.
The tile work on the floor in the bathroom was just slapped into place..
The smell that came from the room was an experience i have rarely encountered before,, it not only came from the dirty carpets, but also from the dirty USED bed sheets and unclean dirty pillows. The pillows looked as if they had just been slept on and wrinkled . We had to argue for over an hour to get some of our money back.
They are THIEFS looking for a free ride. RENTER BEWARE !!! Inspect any hotel rooms before staying there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Red Carpet Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!