“Perfect cheap place to stay for a night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Emporia

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Emporia to your Saves list
Knights Inn Emporia
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3173 Sussex Drive, I-95 Exit #17 & Hwy 301 South, Emporia, VA 23847   |
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Emporia
“Perfect cheap place to stay for a night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I were on our way to Myrtle Beach and just needed a place to stop for one night without killing our budget. This hotel fit the bill. It's a much older hotel(they even use real keys lol) but it's clean, comfortable and above all cheap. We used our Wyndham points but we are told this hotel is about $35/night on average. I wouldn't recommend this place for extended stays but for a clean bed and hot shower for a night I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Morrill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

When we checked in, I found the lobby dirty and smelly. We checked in anyway. I entered our room and found it filthy, with a ugly musty odor. I could not imagine sleeping in the room or eating their "free breakfast" in the lobby. We immediately returned to the front desk and canceled our reservation. The desk clerk was courteous and offered us another room. We declined.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed here on trip back from Florida,check in the owner you could not meet a nicer guy really helpful and polite. The room was large and newly renovated and very comfortable. The only downside the location of the hotel is a bit out of the way with nothing inwalking distance,other than that a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Spent the night during Thanksgiving Travel. Danny couldn't have been nicer. We had to change our night a couple times because of personal reasons and he was pleasant and No worries each time. Our Room was Huge and Clean, Refrigerator, Microwave and Cable. Wireless Internet in the Lobby. Free Breakfast was Coffee, cold cereal, Juices and small danish. For the price of the room, I feel that was great to have anything offered. I was happy that my little dog could stay too. Older posts don't apply ....I think He's working on rooms updating a few a time.Gas was 3 miles away. but you could get on I-95 easy from there. It's a great place to rest and get back on I-95 in the morning.

Room Tip: We stayed in a building in the Back...large room and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
St.Thomas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Two days in advance of Hurricane Irene, we booked a room for two nights at this hotel. Called to confirm on the day we were due to arrive, and were told "there were problems with your room". The innkeeper, Danny, proceeded to tell me that a large part of the hotel had water damage...and this supposedly occurred when there hasn't been rain for over a month. I suspect he booked to our reserved room to a drive up customer, as all hotels in the whole area are fully booked because of impending storm. This is very bad hotel customer service...so, just be forewarned before you make reservations.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

The staff was incredibly polite and courteous to me, the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. All in all I would recommend this room to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

I spent the night near Emporia for business. I love old motels, and went looking on US 301. This place is probably from the mid-'50s, an enormous complex of single story rooms built back when there was no 95. I'm not sure what it was built as, but the Knight's Inn rebranding has saved it from the fate of most of the motels whose corpses litter America's saddest highway.
I wasn't expecting much, therefore this place exceeded expectations. The rate was incredibly cheap, $34 including tax. The manager was happy to show me a room. The room was adequate. The carpet and bed were clean, but the wallpaper had some water damage. The furniture was older, but not beat up. There was a fridge and a phone, but no clock. The cable didn't work for all the channels, but gets most of the movie ones. The really annoying thing was that the light switch controlled all the outlets. So much for watching TV in bed (I could not turn one lamp off due to a worn knob.)
The bathroom was clean, but unfortunately seemed to have been renovated in the '70s or '80s, so there wasn't much vintage coolness going on. It looked like the pool was useable, but of course it was closed at this time of year.
The trains didn't bother me, and the bed was warm and comfortable. All in all, not bad for what/where it is.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Emporia? Share your experiences!