“Close to museum but not the best choice.” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“Close to museum but not the best choice.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I made reservations based on the great reviews here. Unfortunately it was not that great for us. Our room was not very clean, an unpleasant odor lingered throughout the hallway and into our room, the bathroom fan was not working and half the lights were burnt out. My husband called down about it and they told him they'd look into it. We were too tired to find another place and made do. Breakfast however was actually decent and really it's only redeeming quality.

• Stayed May 2014
Ashley H, Front Desk at Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the cleanliness of your guestroom. We pride ourselves on both cleanliness and the services that we provide. I am so sorry that we did not create an exceptional experience for you while you were a guest of the hotel. We would like you to know that all comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Again, we thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

No, you can't expect the Ritz (as another reviewer stated), but for the money, I got more than I expected. The room was clean and very nice. I was very impressed with the bed and pillows - they were much more "expensive" than comparable, and even better, hotels that I've visited. The shower was also a wonderful experience, again, unlike other hotels I have visited. The continental breakfast offered hot food - eggs, sausage and waffles. For us, the only downside was the location to nice restaurants. We were attending an out of state wedding and would have liked to have been able to find a nice restaurant/bar for the weekend, but there were none to be found within a reasonable distance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We love that you were impressed with our new bedding and pillows. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, we thank you for visiting us and hope that we will see you again soon.
Front Royal, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

You don't stay at a Comfort Inn and expect the Ritz. The room was fine, they have added a pillow choice, which is nice. Bring your own facial tissue, though, theirs is brutal (it was allergy season). The clock radio was off by 12 hours. The breakfast room was spacious and clean, but the breakfast was sub-par. OJ was weak, pastries stale, bacon (microwaved, I presume) was the thinnest I've ever seen and had all the flavor of salted cardboard. Eggs, waffles and coffee were fine. Check-in was an adventure (I was there for a temp job and the reservation was made by the company on one of those company travel cards; the booker had told them to change the name on my room, but they didn't. Fortunately, he was in his room and was able to straighten it out.); check-out was flawless.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. It provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively. Thanks again.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here with our soccer team. The kids enjoyed their pool time and the waffles for breakfast. Located just off I95 and a short trip to the George Hellwig Memorial Park where our games were located.

Try to get as far away from the elevator as possible. I was near the end of the hallway, a fair distance from the elevators, and could still hear it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the elevators
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks for your honest review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your kids were able to have some fun in our indoor pool. Your business is very much appreciated. I hope that we will be seeing you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed here because it was close to the host hotel which was sold out, and it turned out to be a better choice. They provided free shuttles on race morning and even put out breakfast a little early so that we could grab something to eat (a little earlier would have been great, but it was a nice thought). If they could just put some bananas and bagels out at 5 am, I would have been very grateful, but I did snag a yogurt as I was leaving for the 5:45 shuttle. The customer service was excellent, rooms were clean and included a refrigerator and microwave, and they allowed late check out. You can walk across the street to a Greek diner (Montclair Restaurant) for convenient meals. Only complaint was the walls were quite thin, so bring earplugs if you don't want to hear the baby next door crying all night. Definitely book early, because everything in the area will be sold out for the race. Also, be aware that the race allows packet pick-up on race day, even though they don't advertise it, so you don't actually need to spend $50 on cab fare to get to the running store in Woodbridge in horrendous traffic.

Room Tip: I was given a handicap-accessible room, which did not have a bathtub. Didn't matter to me, but...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay with us. I will definitely keep in mind for next year that the race starts before our normal breakfast hours and see if we can get breakfast started a little earlier for all of our runners. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that we'll see you again next year (or sooner)! Thanks again!
Succasunna, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great place to stay ,breakfast was good and plenty of it ,service was great and the room was very clean and large breakfast area was very nice and keep very cleaned .good price for what you got. location close to 95 and easy off on to hotel

Room Tip: always pick a top floor if possible
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out to leave a review of your stay. It is greatly appreciated! I love to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our free hot breakfast! Please come back and see us again soon.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This hotel was easy to find and had great access to the interstate. The hotel itself and our room was very clean. The pool and hot tub were fantastic! I was very impressed that both the pool and the hot tub had a handicap accessible lift to aid anyone with a physical disability in getting into the water. I did not use the gym, but it looked very well equipped. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of foods both hot and cold to choose from. The staff was friendly, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Inn Dumfries, thank you for the great review! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our indoor pool and hot tub. I hope that we will see you again very soon!

Been to Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!