“Great choice for Marine Corps 17.75K” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Dumfries
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great choice for Marine Corps 17.75K”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here because it was close to the host hotel which was sold out, and it turned out to be a better choice. They provided free shuttles on race morning and even put out breakfast a little early so that we could grab something to eat (a little earlier would have been great, but it was a nice thought). If they could just put some bananas and bagels out at 5 am, I would have been very grateful, but I did snag a yogurt as I was leaving for the 5:45 shuttle. The customer service was excellent, rooms were clean and included a refrigerator and microwave, and they allowed late check out. You can walk across the street to a Greek diner (Montclair Restaurant) for convenient meals. Only complaint was the walls were quite thin, so bring earplugs if you don't want to hear the baby next door crying all night. Definitely book early, because everything in the area will be sold out for the race. Also, be aware that the race allows packet pick-up on race day, even though they don't advertise it, so you don't actually need to spend $50 on cab fare to get to the running store in Woodbridge in horrendous traffic.

Room Tip: I was given a handicap-accessible room, which did not have a bathtub. Didn't matter to me, but...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Succasunna, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great place to stay ,breakfast was good and plenty of it ,service was great and the room was very clean and large breakfast area was very nice and keep very cleaned .good price for what you got. location close to 95 and easy off on to hotel

Room Tip: always pick a top floor if possible
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was easy to find and had great access to the interstate. The hotel itself and our room was very clean. The pool and hot tub were fantastic! I was very impressed that both the pool and the hot tub had a handicap accessible lift to aid anyone with a physical disability in getting into the water. I did not use the gym, but it looked very well equipped. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of foods both hot and cold to choose from. The staff was friendly, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Santa Ana, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was in town for a few days and I stayed here and I really like this place. to me it is a pit on the expensive side.but i stayed there 2 nights and one night i got a good deal on price line. I did like it that they had an indoor pool. and there inter net worked not like a few place i've been to as of late.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico. We are thrilled to hear that your experience with us was positive and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here beginning January 2014 as a night stay from the blizzard. The rooms are very clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast is included in the very affordable price. The rooms are spacious. We had two rooms close to the elevator and ice machine. We never heard a peep! I was impressed. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. The staff replenished as needed. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was hot and powerful.

Room Tip: Very close to I-95 and convenient to restaurants.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Inn Dumfries, thank you for leaving such a positive review regarding your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again!
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed here on 07 December, 2013 for the night and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. I had a room with 2 queen beds and there was more than enough room to stretch my legs sitting at the chairs in the room. The room was clean and well prepared for my arrival.

The staff was friendly and seemed actually appreciative I chose Comfort Inn to rest for the night. Very easy access to and from I-95.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay here at the Comfort Inn. We definitely appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again very soon! Happy New Year!
unknown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling and needed to use the restroom. The night auditor said in a snotty voice "we don't have a public restroom but help yourselves." What is the point of saying that? I am an AGM and I would never talk to potential guest like that. Also the bathrooms were dirty and have no paper towels or toilet paper. You should work on that. Maybe we wanted to look before staying. I would not consider that hotel after that.

• Stayed December 2013
Ashley H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than pleasurable. However, for the safety of our guests and staff, the bathrooms are not open to the public and are only available to our guests. In fact, our night auditors lock the entrance and the only way into the hotel is by using a room key or showing ID. Had you been interested in staying with us, we would have been more than happy to show you one of our spacious rooms, our indoor pool, fitness center, breakfast area or any thing else you would like to see before booking a room. Once again, I offer my apologies that you feel you were treated unkind.

Been to Comfort Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!