As the other reviewers noted, the Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center is an excellent new property that is, as the title denotes, close to Quantico, with abundant shopping and dining options near by. Parking and check-in were a breeze. They offered a $95 rate for a standard double with two queen beds, provided you have a Government ID. I've not been on base yet, but Google Maps, MapQuest, and some of the locals have indicated that its about 15 minutes away, even with morning base traffic factored in.
Holiday Inn really did an excellent job with the decor in this hotel. Everything is upscale, from marble everywhere - both on the floors of the lobby, the check-in desk, the bathrooms, and of course, the business center where I'm writing this review.
As other reviewers noted, the rooms are very spacious. The beds are very comfortable. The flat screen television is very nice and works well with basic cable plus all the premium channels and pay-per-view offered. My room has a well appointed work desk with connection for high-speed internet and a nice reading chair and lamp to read by. My room also has a refrigerator and microwave for leftovers or that extra bottle of water.
As with the bedroom, the bathroom area is spotless. Very clean. Plumbing all works well.
Having had a long day and a long drive, I didn't feel like going out for dinner or kibutzing in the Quantico Cafe & Bar restaurant. I ordered a club sandwich off the room service menu. While a club sandwich is a no-brainer, they did it well. It was delivered to me in under 15 minutes with a smile for $8.95 plus tip.
As a priority club member, I received a bottle of water at check in along with a ton of what appear to be Easter candies. With Easter approaching this coming Sunday, its nice to see that the hotel staff are creatively thinking about the how to take care of their guests.
All in all, I give the Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center very high marks - its an excellent place to stay, a good value and affordable, and close to Quantico.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Hotel
- Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Hotel Dumfries
- Holiday Inn Dumfries
- Dumfries Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right off of I-95, only minutes from the Quantico Marine Corps Base, and just 20 miles south of Washington, DC. Full-service hotel, new-built (2007), 100% non-smoking. Free Wireless and Wired High-speed Internet. On-site restaurant and bar, fitness center, outdoor pool, business center, meeting space for up 120 ppl. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.