I was in the Virginia area as I had a committment at the nearby marine base, and while there are a great many hotels to choose from, this one was a great deal, not to mention it was brand new. I stayed from a Thursday to Sunday. The main foyer is beautiful - adorned in marble and contemporary furniture. There is also a bar and a small restaurant in the lobby, albeit, they appear to be relatively unused as far as I could tell over the course of the 4 days we stayed there.
Our room was a very decent size, with 2 queen beds and a very large flat screen TV. There was also a microwave, coffee maker and good sized fridge for our use.
The staff at the hotel are very friendly and very accomodating. For instance, we made tea out of the coffee maker and the water appeared to come out a little dirty (likely it wasn't properly cleaned upon it's last use - no big deal) and we called the front desk to ask for some hot water. They were wonderfully accomodating and got us a lovely flask of hot water for our room.
There is a business center which we were able to access to print out maps of the area, as well as our bording passes, all free of charge. There was also free wireless available in our room and we encountered absolutely no problems in using it.
The hotel also offered a menu of pillows, and if you had a specific pillow preference, they would bring that one right up to you - nice touch! There was no complimentary breakfast at this hotel, although you could get free coffee in the lobby. Since we were staying there so cheaply that wasn't a big deal whatsoever. The restaurant in the lobby did, however, offer breakfast, although we never tried it out.
My only 2 beefs with the room were the fact that the bathroom door always shut on it's own. The fans in the bathroom didn't work very well and so the bathroom really stayed steamed up upon taking a shower. It was a real hassle to air out the bathroom as we could never prop open the door to help the steam escape. Eventually we had to use a suitcase to hold the door open. My other beef was the fact that the smoke alarm above one of the beds was left open and battery-less, which seemed a little careless and likely an oversight (in rushing to open the hotel..did I mention it was brand-new?), but this very obvious safety violation bothers me a quite a bit.
Overall, a very clean, comfortable and affordable stay. Great location and very accomodating staff. They just need to dot their i's a little with respect to some aspects of the room, but other than that, I would highly recommend staying here.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.