“When I am in the area this is my hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Louisville, Kentucky
“When I am in the area this is my hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in 2012. I have always found it clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and professional. There is plenty of parking and it is well lite.

The last time I stayed at the hotel, December 2012, I did have an issue with the front desk staff. I arrived at the hotel around 4:00 p.m. and when I went to check in there was nobody at the front desk. I stood there for 3 to 4 minutes before someone from housekeeping walked through the lobby and found someone to help me. When the person arrived she told me she was faxing something. I did make the suggestion of moving the fax machine to the front desk area.

When there are OCS classes graduating at Quantico this hotel gets very full and can be a bit noisy but it is not terrible.

The hotel is about a 5 to 10 minute drive from Marine Corps Base Quantico which is why I selected it. My son was going through some training there and I also have a business reason to visit the base. There is an IHOP restaurant right across the parking lot from the hotel. Plus there are other decent places to eat within a few miles. There are drug stores and grocery stores nearby. They do offer some type of breakfast at the hotel but I have never participated.

The hotel is about a half mile from I-95 and Highway 1.

I will always stay at this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I spent a couple weeks at this Holiday Inn in December 2012 and found it to be a very comfortable home-away-from-home. The front desk service was outstanding, accentuated by Debbie, who I had several good laughs with during my stay (in addition to answering questions about the local area). Her insistence that I looked like an actor on a TV commercial was the beginning of a fun back-and-forth between us. It felt like we were old friends immediately, which is a nice feeling when you are on the road for long stretches of time.

My room on the fourth floor was quite spacious with a desk, TV stand (and TV), a small armchair and a good-sized mini-fridge and microwave, with two queen beds. I never heard any of my neighbors during my two week stay. I'm not a big fan of the tiny pillows that seem to be a signature of Holiday Inn hotels, but there were 4 for each bed so I compensated for size with quantity.

My only complaint about the property is the tiny laundry room - a single washer and dryer for four floors of guests. I had to be a little creative with my laundry times in order to ensure I got in when it was open. There is a laundromat about 5-10 minutes away that was well reviewed online, and a dry cleaner/laundry service in the strip mall across the street that is very reasonably priced and efficient.

If you plan on driving/commuting on I-95 from here, be warned the morning traffic going northbound into DC is insane, starting near the Dumfries road exit. In the afternoon, the southbound I-95 lanes seem to become a parking lot starting as early as 1 or 2 pm some days and continuing until 7 or 8 pm. You have to be ready to sit in traffic if you are trying to get back to the hotel from the north in the evenings - regardless of the route you choose. Welcome to northern Virginia gridlock!

Highly recommend this hotel if you have business or other events in the immediate area!

Room Tip: Fourth floor was quiet during my stay (front side, west end).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pittsfield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for a familky weddng. The staff was very friendly. Everything was cleaned and well maintained. They had a breakfast buffet every morning that was quite good. Was close to the Marine Corps Museum and about 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour out of Washington, DC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here during Superstorm Sandy with our family to lessen the burden of the storms hectic creation. This was our first time here and it was very nice, big, clean, and comfortable (the rooms even have a decent size refrigerator that we could put in some of our perishables and not loose everything). The staff could not have been kinder and more helpful (especially Cathy). We will not hesitate to stay here again if we need to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our Marine Basic School class booked this motel for our 45th reunion and could not have been happier with the service we received. Petra worked with us on setting up a buffet the first night and a Mess Night the second. The food was outstanding, especially the champagne chicken at the buffet and the prime rib on Mess Night. It was some of the best prime rib I have ever had. I can't say enough about Victor, his flexibility and overall supervision of the staff. I was Mr. Vice for Mess Night, a huge responsibility and everything had to be just so; he made it happen. All of the staff was attentive and professional. We will probably not return to Quantico for a few years but when we do, this Holiday Inn Express will be at the top of the list of places to have it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kailua, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I attended a business conference in the area and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. It was very clean and comfortable. The 2 queen-sized beds in my room were cozy and the bathroom was spotless. I had no trouble with the wireless internet connection. The hotel appeared to be new, or newly renovated. I am a hotel snob, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Salem, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

As President and reunion planner of this group I have worked with many hotels and staffs and this hotel rates as one of the best if not the best. I worked with Petra Carr , the manager, for over a year setting up the reunion and she went above and beyond to make our reunion a success. Everyone that is employed there from the desk clerks to the room cleaners were super in their efficiency and personality. There were none of our needs that were not immediatly attended to. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will be staying in the Quantico area or traveling through. By vote of the reunion group the hotel and staff gets a "thumbs up" and a sincere thanks for all their work. Our pleasure to be there.

Room Tip: We blocked off 50 rooms and used all of them. I never heard any complaints from any of the attendees...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center? Share your experiences!