“Good Ice Cream"” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert
Virginia
“Good Ice Cream"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stopped in here after hiking at Prince William Forest. Walk up type business. Tables outside. Ice Cream was good. We had a hot fudge sundae. Seemed to be clean and neat. A little difficult to get to. Route 1 is one way going in and out of the town. You have to turn around and come back heading towards the marine base to find the place.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Luis Rey, California
“Delicious goodness to heal the soul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I am currently eating my first tasty treat from JoJo's and I must admit-I'm sad I didn't get a larger size! Although it's about 48 degrees outside, I had to try JoJo's. I figure it must be good because throughout the summer every time I passed the location there was a long line which says something about an ice cream shoppe across the street from a Baskin Robbins. This season ends Nov 14th, but the cashier assured me that they'd be open again in March. Check it out the next time you're in the area and want soft serve, a shake, or even an Italian ice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montclair, VA
“Nice Place to Spend a Summer Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Jojo's is a great place to take the kids or grandkids on a summer evening. Free small vanilla cones for toddlers and an incredible variety of soft-serve flavors to choose from. Cones, sundaes, banana splits, shakes, malts, snowcones, snowcone/ice cream combos, etc. There are some outside tables, but they fill up quickly in the evening and you may have to share space with another group. One nice touch: Jojo's always has outdoor toys (frisbees, wiffleballs/bats, nerf balls, etc.) for the kids to play with on the surrounding lawn. Oh, there is a Pizza Hut that shares the same parking lot if you want to get something to eat first.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodbridge, Virginia
“So soft soft serve!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Sometimes I question our decision to move so far south of DC, but when I am at JoJo's it seems to be the best decision we could have made :)

Besides having a great selection of soft serve treats, toppings, Italian ice, shakes, and more- the ambiance of JoJo's is such that one forgets they're in NoVa. It is a family run place that caters to families, couples, singles, and military folk alike (being so near Quantico).

Our favorites are the turtle sundae and the blueberry shake with chunks of cheesecake (yes, cheescake!) but occasionally we step out of our comfort zone and try another tasty treat.

Bottom line: Drive 95 Southbound to this family ice cream spot! Your taste buds will thank you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Quantico, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ice cream in the world!! ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

I've never really liked ice cream much before, but after having just one original vanilla cone from JoJo's, I'm hooked!
The ice cream is soo smooth and perfect! The quality is amazing! Since me and my wife's first tried JoJo's ice cream, we both concluded that: "JoJo's ice cream is better than Bryers and Ben & Jerry's and Every other ice cream we've had so far."
I've lived at Quantico for almost 2 years, and I haven't found a place more memorable than this one. Me and my wife will be moving back to California very soon, and we both agree that JoJo's is the only thing we will miss about Virginia.... maybe even the WHOLE east coast.

If you haven't tried the ice cream from JoJo's, and your in the area, do yourself a favor and give them a try.
BTW, The Oreo sundae is really really good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere