“Not really mexican food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Spanish
Hooks, Texas
“Not really mexican food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

It was an uscale restaurant but its dishes is not what I really consider mexican food. My dad just ordered a burger becuse everything other than fajitias were made with strange indgredients etc. I got taqitas and they were noting special. The BBQ sauce they drizzled over it was good but there was hardly any on it so they were mostly dry. They were very expensive.

Visited June 2013

Manassas, Virginia
“Hair in my salad THREE DIFFERENT TIMES”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I used to eat at Mateo's regularly. They have a particular salad that was my favorite; however, on three separate occasions I found a black hair in the salad. I wrote a letter to the management and never heard back. If they can't take a minute to assure me that corrective measures have been taken to correct such unsanitary habits, then I refuse to eat there ever again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Don't miss this one!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went based on the recommendation of some friends, and we were not disappointed. Excellent southwest Santa Fe style, not many get it right, but this place definitely does. Love the Kokopelli motif! Well done classy restaurant!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“Great Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We dined at Mateo's based on recommendation from a friend. We started with the Eight Layer Nachos which included some of the best guacamole I have ever tasted. I had a very good Chili Relleno with a delicious corn pudding, and my friend had the Shredded Beef Enchiladas, with a choice of red or green sauce. We choose the red, the hotter of the two, which was very flavorful but not too hot. We were impressed! The service was quick and friendly, and we will definitely dine there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“Its worth trying - there is nothing like it in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have eaten here once and usually get the food to go. The food is good, service just average. I don't care for the layout of the restaurant. I don't think it is especially great for families with small children. They do not have draft beer if your a beer drinker. Prices seem a little high for the portions served. I agree with one of the previous reviewers that this is okay once or twice a year. They have a few tables if you want to sit outside. It is located in a shopping center.

• Visited October 2012