“Nice place when on the road” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Gatineau, Canada
“Nice place when on the road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stay in April 2013 while we where on our way from Canada to Fort Lauderdale. This place was clean, the bed soft and the room was nice with a reasonnable price. The breakfast could have been better but I recommand this hotel while traveling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HMAdkins, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback about our property. We are continuing to make changes and upgrades to our hotel and breakfast. Please stop by on your next trip and experience our changes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was recently here for a weekend. The price we paid was fine for our room. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We didn't eat the breakfast there, but it smelled decent. This is a no frills hotel, so if you're looking for a quick stay, this is a great place! Easily accessible from the highway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I thought it was okay; but, after staying at some other hotels in stafford, VA why stay at this place? I felt that the hotel smelt like a wet dog. It didn't smell so much in the room but in the lobby and the hallways it had an odd smell. The only real good part is that it is very close to Quantico Marine Corps base.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsboro, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

It wasn't our first choice but the a/c went out in our first hotel. The Sleep Inn had plenty of available rooms and was still close to my husbands conference. He was there to two weeks (poor guy), I flew in for a long weekend. The place had been refurbished, which was interesting since it looked like it was about due again. We changed rooms twice due to maintenance issues. They staff was very accommodating and willing to work with us. One room had no door jam mechanism so the lock could easily be opened with a card. So we sure to check this on your room. Nearly all the a/c units front venting was broken and some hanging off. We were told this happened during the remodel by the contractors and they just left them. Nice. At least they work. Funny thing, we didn't realize how bad our shower head was in the 2nd room until we were moved again and man what a difference the new one made.

The rooms were all clean and pretty spacious for two people and all our stuff. Small sink area so had to keep my toiletries on the microwave next to the coffee maker, which was fine. There was also a small refrigerator. The breakfast was nice, with coffee & juice, cereals (hot & cold), yogurts, breads, pastries and hard boiled eggs (which I liked). There is a McDonalds around the corner which I walked to one morning for a latte. It's a very busy area traffic-wise, but I felt perfectly safe. There is also a Dunkin Donuts down the hill at Triangle - it's called that because the shape of the intersection I'm guessing. It's about 2 miles maybe, so a good walk if you like. I'm not big on pastries, but the coffee is the best in my book!

I cannot say enough about the staff I met while there. They were all very nice and very helpful when asked. They really seemed to want you to have a nice stay while there. Even after changing rooms twice, they offered to move us again when my husband mentioned the broken a/c vent. We didn't move again, but just the fact that they were completely fine with it. The woman didn't even hesitate, just wanting us to be comfortable. We really appreciated that.

Room Tip: Check out the door jam locking mechanism and shower head flow before unpacking. Nothing worse then...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Nothing fancy here, but cozy enough for a short stay. Breakfast was good with waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit and yogurt. Staff was minimally nice..nothing extravagant. Would be a good stay for DC travel or just a pit stop!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
East Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I needed a motel near the National Museum of the Marine Corps. Just 2.4 miles away. Check in time is 3:00 P.M., I arrived just after 12 noon. A room was avialable so no problem. Room has a micowave and small refrigerator.. Also a cooffe maker.

Bathrrom only has a shower. Sink area is a tad small, but enough space. Two beds with four pillows each. a iron and board are under a area for hanging cloths.

a Philips flat screen tv has about 75 channels. There is a coin laundry, but the washer unit was down, was able to use the facilities washer. Dryer was operable. Cost for each is $2.00.

Each room is smoke free.

The cleaning staff starts soon after 8:00 A.M. Use your Do Not Disturb sign if sleeping in.

For breakfast, the doors open 7:00. to 10:00 A.M. You will have a choice of two dry cereals, donuts, apple/orange juice and coffee. Oranges and apples for fresh fruit. A waffle maker also avialable.

In the lobby is a P.C., with a 20 minute limit.

A Mexicam restaurant is across Jeffderson Davis Hwy, but traffic makes for a difficult crossing. There is a Ruby Tuesdays .4 mile north of Sleep Inn. With an Applebees north of Ruby Tuesdays.

I could have stayed stayed at a lesser expensive motel. The Sleep Inn had good reviews. Also there no foreign accents to deal with. I would stay again without hesitation.

Jack. Syracuse, New York

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
west ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We had been driving for 8 hours so it was time to stop for the night. Very sketchy area, didnt feel safe so didnt venture out. Staff at reception very nice, breakfast was average, room was clean but basic, and walls were very thin. A/C worked but noisy so very hot at night. But it was fine for one night at €77 including parking, wifi and breakfast

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
amykeen, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
I wanted to thank you very much for your review. I first wanted to assure you that this area is extremely safe. We are extremely proud to have high profile government agencies as clients therefore our hotel guidelines to safety on a very high level. As for your noisey air conditioning. I do apologize, once it was reported with a problem, we repaired it right away and is quiet again. Thank you so much for staying with us and hope you come back again.

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!