“Great for families relocating to the Washington Metro Area/Northern Virgnia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Dumfries
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Great for families relocating to the Washington Metro Area/Northern Virgnia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed in the Sleep Inn Dumfries for a month, while apartment and house hunting. It has a great location for anyone commuting to DC for work. The HOV lanes are just north of the exit about 30 minute commute. The staff was excellent and friendly. They were helpful in providing suggestion for resturants, shopping, and attractions in the area. They had just done a top to bottom renovation of the rooms and common areas. The rooms were clean and good size for temporary living space for me and my family. Our room had a small dorm size fridge and microwave, so we were able to save money by not eating out. The continental breakfest was always good, loved the waffle machine. They have laundry facilities on first floor, very convenient. We suggest the Sleep Inn to anyone traveling through or moving to the area.

Room Tip: Go for the Second floor close to the middle far enough from lobby and road noise and close enough to...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

After reading the reviews, we were hesitant to make reservations, but are so glad we did. The total experience was awesome! The entire hotel - lobby, halls, and room - were clean and decorated with updated style. It was obvious the staff payed close attention to detail. Everyone was so helpful - professional, engaging and extremely pleasant. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The location was perfect for our needs. We will definitely be back. I would recommend this hotel to any family looking to stay in that area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011 via mobile

When I was in VA in 2008, I checked into Dumfries, VA, but oh my god.... I have been travelling since 2000, but I have never seen an inn this bad. Even average inns are not this bad. In short, if you look up the dictionary definition of bad, a picture of this inn would on it. If you want me to be specific, staff members were just rude and ignorant. They don't even know the vincinity nor how to check people in... That should tell you a lot about them. Rooms were so dirty that I had to switch rooms 3 times. Mattresses were so uncomfortable and cleaning was very poorly done. Even the non-smoking rooms reek smell of cigarettes. When I ate breakfast, I was more hungry than I was before I ate it. The food is that bad and not nutritious. I was just waiting to get the hell out of there next morning told myself, "nevermore, nevermore."

In 2011, I decided to go to VA again but Oh my god… all was booked, but sleep inn... wonder why, right? So I grudgingly dragged myself, but... what...? Has hell frozen over? When I went in, the inn has been renovated from roof to basement literally. The wall has been re-done, and seemed refreshing. I saw that staff members have been replaced and were quite friendly and at least competent than the previous ones from my point of view. Ok you these are not the major aspects of the inn, but even though I didn't look at the room, I felt as if I will be staying at a completely different hotel than the one from 2008. The atmosphere of the room was also different; it matched the theme of the renovation, looked very clean and WAS clean. I laid on the bed and could smell the refreshing smell from the mattress. Also, the cigarette smell was gone, and there was nothing, but nonsmoking room. The breakfast had a tremendous improvements and changed menus to waffle, yogurt, and breads.

Take my 2 cents if you will. But looking at the room conditions, staff members, and service provisions, which are indubitably major factors of rating hotel/inn, sleep inn of Dumfries, VA, deserved 5 out of 5 from my experience.

• Stayed May 2011
Dumfries, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

From the front desk clerk to the cleanliness of the rooms, I have been very impressed with the Sleep Inn located in Dumfries, VA. I usually make last minute reservations (once a week) and the staff is always welcoming. Also, the continental breakfast is a great plus! I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Penn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I have stayed over at the Sleep Inn a few years back while traveling with my friends. To be honest, I have not found this hotel to be suitable for us to stay. However, I have decided to try this place again. I have found out that HUGE renovations were done, the rooms were perfect sized, complemented by very clean environment. I must say that the renovations surely surprised me, and would recommend anyone looking for a leisure time, or for business, to spend some time at Sleep Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Buffalo,NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Our room was dirty. There was garbage in the corners of the room and there was something smeared on the wall. The bathroom felt unscrubbed so we tried not to use it. The linens were not crisp and fresh. We slept on top of the covers with our jackets as blankets. Our toddler even ended up with a red rash covering his entire torso. We couldn't wait to leave in the morning.
The continental breakfast was good. The staff was helpful and polite.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
amykeen, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
I wanted to assure you that unfortunately during your vist in 1/10, we were completing our renovations but we now have completed renovating.We now are one the first Sleep Inn's in the country with the new"Design to Dream" look. I'm sure if you are ever in the area again, you will be 100% pleased with our cleaniness and new look. Our guests reviews have been amazing, with the new bedding, new carpet, new paint, flat screen TV's, upgraded breakfast area, modern look for our lobby. All of our hard work to complete the renovatons have paid off by the smiles on our guest's faces.
Fairmont, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stayed at the Sleep Inn only one night while on a business trip. The king size bed was SUPER comfortable. The shower was fantastic. The room was nice, with a fridge, microwave & coffee pot (gotta have that coffee in the morning). :))
Front desk staff pleasant, continental breakfast sufficient with Belgian waffles.
The elevator was not working when we first arrived, however was fixed later in the evening.
Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!