“Terrible staff. DIRTY kitchen and dining area. ” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 46 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Terrible staff. DIRTY kitchen and dining area. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Seriously terrible. Waited 1.5 hours to sit and another 1.5 hrs for undercooked food. The place was a wreck and the hostesses was rude and unhappy.

Alexandria, VA
“Scallops: Enough Said”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, I was on the ultimate quest for some great fried scallops and googled seafood restaurants in Woodbridge and Tim's was on the list. First and foremost, heed the websites advice about the uselessness of your GPS when finding this place. I got lost big time and when I finally decided to forgo my 'manliness' and ask for directions at a gas station, one of Tim's part time employees (who also works at the gas station) offered to show me the way. I followed him to Cherry Hill Road and then I was on my own. My first thought was that I was glad I was going for an early dinner before the sun went down; there's no way I would go after dark and take my life into my own hands as the drunks try to manuver their way on a dark, winding, unmarked, two lane road. Parking is a trip; a staff member directed me to the 'other side of the railroad tracks' to park (and soon thereafter, Amtrak's Southern Crescent made a roaring, rumbling scheduled appearance). At the host stand, I was told it would be 30-40 minute wait for outside seating. No problem, as there are plenty of places to wait, either on the pier or on the mini-beach. However, just about the time I had decided to change my request to inside (I was starving), I was told my table was ready and I was lead to a neat 2-top adjacent to the 'beach' dining area. I had the crab balls appetizer which was very good, almost like miniature crab cakes and then settled into some of the best fried scallops I've had in a long time; side dishes were the requisite french fries and cole slaw. I also had two pina coladas which would definitely have benefited by adding rum (they were very, very weak). However, the service was very good probably due to the fact it was only my server's second week there so she was still fresh and not yet jaded! The real draw to this restaurant is definitely it's waterfront/ shore setting and beach like vibe....and I didn't have to drive 4 hours on Route 50 east to experience the shore!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Virginia
“Feels like Florida”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Tim's is a little slice of the Florida Keys right here on the Potomac. It may be a little overpriced, and the service might be a bit dodgy (this was NOT our experience - our waitress was lovely), but you're not there for the food as much as you are for the beachy atmosphere and the cocktails. I enjoyed the hush puppies and the fried crab ball appetizers. I had the fried Rockfish with coleslaw. My first piece of Rockfish was a bit chewy, but fresh nonetheless, and the second piece was quite good. The coleslaw was light and tasty.

I was laughing at another reviewer's comment that this is a dangerous place to eat - it really is, but that's part of its charm. You follow a road down to a dodgy "parking lot," which is really just a slim (very slim) row of cars parked nearly on the train tracks, where CRX and Amtrak trains hurtle through fairly regularly at about 60-80 mph. It's loud, a little bit dusty, and maybe a little bit seedy - but the experience is pretty priceless in an area where every restaurant has a "theme" and is in a planned community. Tim's is a refreshing change of pace, and a lot of fun. Come here with a sense of humor and a laid back attitude and you'll definitely enjoy yourself.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The WORST seafood I've ever eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This place was hands down the worst seafood I've eaten in my 50+ years on this planet. Where to even begin?

The steamed shrimp were tiny, soggy, and there was a puddle of water at the bottom of them. I had to ask for Old Bay, which they had thank goodness, since there was no seasoning of any kind on them. It helped a bit, but really one of the lamest steamed shrimp I've had, and it's pretty hard to screw up steamed shrimp. We ordered oysters as well. They were thrown on a cafeteria tray with no ice, lame cocktail sauce, and they were not cold. My husband ate them, but I was afraid to because of the luke warm temperature. I hope he doesn't wake up later tonight with a bout of food poisoning!

I wish we would have stopped there and left. Crabs are really not in season and saw how small the crabs they were selling were. But that was okay because we were in the mood to eat some good broiled seafood. I ordered the stuffed rockfish. which I was excited about as I love rockfish, and hubby the seafood platter.My rockfish was hard and overcooked, but mysteriously had no brown broil marking whatsoever. So odd that it could get so overcooked without any evidence of broiling! As there was no seasoning whatsoever, it had less flavor than cardboard with about the same texture. I immediately sent it back. My husbands platter was not much better, undercooked scallops, weird hard oysters and no browning of any kind from the broiler. Basically another plate of dry white food. And I'm sorry, I'm from Maryland, and we wouldn't let that mushy wet crabcake with not very much crab into our state. Just sayin'.

I will say that the french fries did not suck. Thank goodness, since that was just about all I ate that evening. With the apps and my husbands entree and a couple of drinks, all that inedible food set up back almost $80!!!

So there you have it. If you like tasteless white food and wanna pay almost $100 for the displeasure of eating it, definitely go to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“It Hurt to Pay So Much Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We went here to celebrate my cousin's birthday. He said it was amazing, and I saw the reviews on here, so I decided this will be a great experience.

I do have to say that the waitress was extremely nice. If it were just for the service, I would have given this place five stars. She was amazing and made sure we had everything we needed.

I wish I could say the same for the food. The clam chowder should have been called a potato & cheese soup because that's all I tasted. I then had the crab imperial that was super dry, and not worth the money that I spent on it. My mom felt the same way. We felt that the food was extremely overpriced for the quality. The platters were over $23.00, and they were only worth about half of that.

When we got home, we ate watermelon to get some of the taste out of my mouth. It pained me to have spent so much on probably what was the worst food that I have tasted in years.

I will say that the ambiance was nice and the view was pretty. This could be a good place for drinks.

• Visited May 2014