“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Wilmington, Delaware
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

For the price, this place is a gem. I've stayed in Ritz Carltons that didn't have as much water pressure in the shower. It appeared to be new-ish construction and had everything I needed for a single night's stay. It was clean, the staff was friendly and I definitely will stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hansa P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on trip advisor, We do our best with cleanliness and quality and we appreciate you noticing it. Our goal is to make all our guest feel very special and they feel like their own home.
We hope to have you stay with us again.
Kind regards
Hansa Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Let me preface this by saying that we were looking for a hotel that accepted pets. There were 2 in the area, this one only charged $20 for pets the other one charged $50 for pets. I called about 1 hour prior to arriving and spoke to Newman. He assured me that they had rooms available. When we arrived at 9:30 pm, Newman was no where to be found. The office was locked, a candle was lit, but the desk was unmanned. I called the phone number 3 times and it just rang and rang. There was coffee that had been spilled and was still wet on the entryway floor and the seat of a chair in the entryway. I went back to the car and told my husband that no one was there. At this point we drove over to the Comfort Inn...which was the hotel that charged $50 for a pet. I tried to call the front desk one more time since we really didn't want to pay $50 extra for our crated dog. Newman answered the phone this time, so we drove back over to the Econo Lodge and paid for a room. The pet rooms are on the backside of the building facing a majorly busy road. Translation: LOUD. The tv remote was very sporadic at changing channels. The room smelled like urine. My husband asked me if I had used a towel since we had arrived. I said no. There was a towel that had been thrown on the shelf above where the clothes are hung that was wet with urine. GROSS. My husband removed the urine soaked towel and put it outside our door. I called the front desk at this point and once again, no one answered. I called 2 more times. Newman finally answered the phone, I asked him about the remote not working. He said it wasn't programmed. He tried to help me program the remote over the phone to no avail. I also told him about the towel that was soaked in urine and told him we had put it outside our door. He asked me if I wanted him to come fix the remote and bring new towels. I said yes, that would be great. About 15 or 20 minutes later he arrived. At this point we had given up on the tv and just decided to go to sleep. He did give us clean towels. I felt like I was being bitten all night, and the bed sagged.
I very rarely leave reviews, but I felt like this warranted a review.

On the positive side, the room is huge. There is an actual kitchenette, with a stove top, big sink, microwave and small fridge. The closet area is big. The water pressure is unbelievably intense.

That's it, hope that helps someone. The inside of the hotel where the rooms are located that pets aren't allowed in may be very nice...I wouldn't know, but if you have a pet and you want somewhere decent, this is not the place. Spend the money and stay at Comfort Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Spent 4 Days at this hotel, experienced great service from the staff. the rooms were very clean, its locality was excellent. The staff were very helpful and knew about the local attractions and also went the extra mile to help us with our visit, they even arranged a hire car for us to visit the Baltimore harbour, Luray Caverns and a City tour around Washington DC. We as a family really enjoyed our stay, Defiantly recommend staying here, I know We defiantly will be coming back. Thanks to everyone who made our stay grateful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hansa P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Neil,
Thank You for choosing the EconoLodge for your recent stay in Dumfries.It sound like you had a great time, exploring DC and sight seeing trip. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our guest services. On behalf of our entire team, we invite you, your family and friends for your next visit to stay at our hotel.
Kind regards,
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I and my family recently stayed at the Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base, we were visiting friends not far from motel. We had 2 rooms, both were in perfect condition, Hot Water, continental breakfast in the monring, Comfortable beds, And best of all Free WIfi....Other places i have stayed I have had to pay per night, The location of the motel was quite central to what we needed to do, short drive from the airport, Very close to the shopping malls always a plus, a variety of places to eat nearby. Without a doubt, best thing about the this particular Econolodge is the staff, They all were very friendly, trustworthy, and have great local knowledge, as per their advice we visited Washington DC, and also upon their suggestion we planned a day to see the Luray Caverns,VA. Definatly comming back! Thanks for a great Stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hansa P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You for your great review of our hotel. It was our pleasure to have guest from UK.
I appreciate you sharing about our staff and their services, Hope to give you and your family more pleasant and enjoyable stay for your next visit in USA.

Kind Regards
GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is PERFECT! I used my choice points to stay one night and it was a great decision. They gave us a room Which was very nice, clean very comfortable ! It had great views and the decor was pretty good. And you can't beat the location! It's in the middle of EVERYTHING! This place is going to be my hotel of choice when I come to Virgina ! Love it love it love it

• Stayed August 2013
Hansa P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Hhyyy,
We thank you for staying at our EconoLodge.We try to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accomodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kind regard.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our recent stay at Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base was nothing less than excellent!!! Right from check-in to the spacious and tidy room and check-out, everything was A+. The beds were comfy and the washroom clean and well-stocked. The Breakfast was excellent will be staying here again. The staff was also excellent!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hansa P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Quantico Marine Base, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Jasonmac,

We very much appreciate and value your feed back and we share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all our staff, We strive to continuously improve the quality of our service to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.
Thank You again and hope your next visit will be more pleasant than previous one.
Kind Regards,
GM
Choice Hotels Internationals.
Delray Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It was an average motel near the highway. About the only downside was that the desk clerk didn't seem to understand or speak English well. The mattress was comfortable and the refrigerator worked (something I've learned not to expect)

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have an inside entrance. This can be annoying if you have a lot of "stuff.&q...