“Great place to hold an event!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dumfries
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great place to hold an event!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our church had a Valentines Party on Saturday night, and the front desk staff was wonderful in helping us set up. She also helped me find a place or a pedicure when I finished up and had a couple of extra minutes to myself. The kitchen where we stored our drinks was immaculate and organized. The room was great with fantastic comforters and pillows. We were thrilled that check out was at noon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We tend to take for granted when a hotel is clean and comfortable. After all isn't that what you expect and pay for? But too often you do find rooms that are sub par. This Hampton is as I usually find Hampton - clean, comfortable, quiet and the staff friendly. Nice breakfast and good internet speed. Close to several restaurants and easy access to the highway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife came to visit me while I was at Quantico. She came on Super Bowl weekend to celebrate my birthday. When we asked the front desk about a good place to watch the Super Bowl with friends who would be joining us, they immediately offered their common area in the lobby, which had a television. They supplied us with deep plastic bowls with ice for our beer, provided cups, allowed us to order pizza. Before you know it, we had our friends and numerous other couples (strangers) joining us with more beer and ordering pizza as well. Great party...everything went great! All due to the cooperative spirit of the staff. Thanks for a wonderful birthday experience.

• Stayed February 2013
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

When booking a Hampton I have come to expect good service, a clean, comfortable room, a complimentary breakfast and a sense of security, all were present. The hotel was full and as last minute guests travelling south, we felt fortunate to find this hotel as others were turned away while we finished our check-in. All in all while not a memorable stay there were also no surprises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Easton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

COnvenient to Quantico and restaurants. Comfortable, clean and accommodating staff. It would be nice to have updated hvac system. Linens great and plentiful. We appreciated the updated breakfast/coffee area setup.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Agana, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed a couple hundred nights with Hilton brand hotels over the last 2 years and I tried to like this Hampton and the one at the Stafford exit but couldn't. The staff is fantastic and the place is clean. This one still has the loud old style heater/ac under the window and it wasn't on a thermostat. It drove me crazy. I moved down the road to the Staybridge which is great if you are staying for more than a couple nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Todd P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. At the Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico we strive to make every guest's stay a comfortable and satisfying experience. Thank you for noticing that our staff was friendly and our location was clean. I'm pleased you were happy with that aspect of your stay.

Regarding the packaged thermal air conditioner (PTAC) in your room, I'm sorry this type of system did not meet your expectations. Our maintenance team regularly performs routine maintenance of these General Electric units and I regret that this system was not as quiet as you desired.

In an effort to continually review and improve our operation, I have shared your information with our ownership team. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Todd Patterson
Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I should have written a review the second time, but I was pleasantly surprised enough with our first stay to repeat it two months later.

We had a king size bed, with micro-microwave and small fridge, enough for our needs. Of course, there is free internet, but it is available both via wi-fi and broadband. AT&T customers will find their appropriate devices automatically connect, once you're within range, on that wi-fi network. The room was comfortable upon our arrival, in spite of the cold weather outside. There are restaurants nearby, but nothing really preferable within walking distance.

Our previous stay showed us how dynamic the free breakfast can be. Very nice dining area with several small couple tables and a large, bar chair community table. The front desk clerk called up to our room, shortly after our arrival, to check on us, which was nice. Of course, she was also quite pleasant.

I would definitely recommend this hotel again, and if I weren't moving into the immediate area myself, I'd use it again on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Todd P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. The staff at the Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico makes every effort to make our hotel your “home away from home,” and offer great customer service to each of our guests. We love having you here! I did want to point out to readers of this review names of restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel. They include Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Montclair Family Restaurant, Tiziano’s Italian Restaurant, IHOP and Subway. Thank you once again for recommending us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!