“My second trip” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Dumfries
“My second trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I should have written a review the second time, but I was pleasantly surprised enough with our first stay to repeat it two months later.

We had a king size bed, with micro-microwave and small fridge, enough for our needs. Of course, there is free internet, but it is available both via wi-fi and broadband. AT&T customers will find their appropriate devices automatically connect, once you're within range, on that wi-fi network. The room was comfortable upon our arrival, in spite of the cold weather outside. There are restaurants nearby, but nothing really preferable within walking distance.

Our previous stay showed us how dynamic the free breakfast can be. Very nice dining area with several small couple tables and a large, bar chair community table. The front desk clerk called up to our room, shortly after our arrival, to check on us, which was nice. Of course, she was also quite pleasant.

I would definitely recommend this hotel again, and if I weren't moving into the immediate area myself, I'd use it again on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Todd P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. The staff at the Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico makes every effort to make our hotel your “home away from home,” and offer great customer service to each of our guests. We love having you here! I did want to point out to readers of this review names of restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel. They include Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Montclair Family Restaurant, Tiziano’s Italian Restaurant, IHOP and Subway. Thank you once again for recommending us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My business requires I travel to Quantico, VA several times a year. Travel is expensive and I wish to maximize the value I get out of the whole requirement. For a place to stay that means Hampton Inn Dumfies/Quantico. The facilities are outstanding the breakfast both in the dinning room or a bag to go serves me well, the staff is outstanding always friendly and helpful when needed. Would recommend it to anyone traveling to the Dumfries, Triangle, Quantico, Stafford area.

Room Tip: I like them all and believe I have over time gotten to use each category / building location
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very clean and comfortable not to mention close to everything, especially Quantico. Don't recall the managers name, but she was a hoot, and obviously liked her job! Morning breakfast very good and tytpical of Hamptons. The only problem I can think of is the glitch in the cable, as some of the shows would get pixilated while I watched, but that had nothing to do with the hotel. I will make this my place to stay while in Dumfries in the future,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Plainview, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in July looking for housing for our cross-country relocation to the DC area in August. Our flight had been delayed and we did not arrive until 11pm. At check in our reservation could not be found (just a computer glitch) and the there was not a king room available as we had booked. The woman at the front desk was very kind and we decided to grab a late-night dinner across the road while she worked on it. When we got back the staff had cleaned a King Executive Suite for us (an upgrade) so we could have a king bed as requested. They also sent us up with snacks and water bottles. Above and beyond and very much appreciated!

The hotel itself was spotless. Very comfortable bed, free and great in-room wi-fi connection, large fridge/microwave in room, very large bathroom with huge vanity area, large flat screen tv in the room, clean pool area, nice workout room, great business center area with printers, and hot breakfast every morning and cookies in the evening were excellent. Parking was free and this hotel is very convenient to I-95. Even in stand-still rush hour traffic it only took us about 35 to 40 minutes to get to downtown DC.

I just can't say enough good things about this property. I have traveled extensively for work and I have always had a great stay at Hampton Inn's. However, the staff at this Dumfries location are what make this hotel outstanding. In high school and through college I worked front desk and housekeeping at hotels in WI Dells, WI. Since I have been in their shoes I have high expectations. Every front desk person, maintenance staff, breakfast attendant, and housekeeping person were polite, friendly, and welcoming.

Another example of their great customer service is our last night at the hotel We were supposed to check out on Sunday and had a last-minute flight change to Monday. It seemed like every hotel room in the DC area was booked including our current hotel for Sunday night. I asked about availability at breakfast (was told they were full), walked up to our room, and received a phone call that they had worked it out so we could not only stay one more night, but we could keep our same room. Outstanding! When we move this month we hope to bring the kids and stay here until our house is ready for move in.

Great job!

Room Tip: We had 216. An oversized room right off the elevator on the 2nd floor. Loved it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New Bern, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Pretty much standard Hampton Inn. Room was clean and quiet, I have a personal peeve about curtains blowing in the airconditioning but that seems normal for some reason. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Recommendations for local restaurants was spot on. Breakfast was just ok.

Room Tip: Consider a King Bed room. The two queens take up most of the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
APACHE JUNCTION
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay very much, would recommend to our biker friends. Good location,several popular eateries near by Close to quantico veterans cemetery and other military stuff. We were there for Memorial weekend to ride in the parade for our 3 rd time, saw hundreds of other biker vets and there wives.

• Stayed May 2012
Norwich, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ended up staying here because of the great reviews. I have to say they were all true. The staff was friendly, helpful, and made you feel like you were family coming for a visit. The hotel was immaculate and comfortable. We would definetly stay here again. We visited the Marine Corp Museum which was a very short drive. I think only 2 exits away on 95. Very easy to get to. If you are not sure where to stay you can't go wrong here. There is also a Cracker Barrel and I Hop within sight.

Room Tip: There were no smoking floors not just rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Dumfries/Quantico? Share your experiences!