“Choose elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Aldie, Virginia
“Choose elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have put my mother in this motel for two week stays three times now. This time, I called to be sure everything would be right. She is in the room mostly 24/7, so I didn't want her staring at nothing but rooftops. I was assured she would have a room with a view of the shopping center, which she would enjoy. It didn't happen. They offered to move her. The reason I called ahead was because I knew once she was there, she wouldn't move. She is 81, we just travelled 8 hours, she was exhausted and frustrated to the point of tears. I complained, but asked they not contact her because she didn't need the hassle. Of course, they contacted her. I'm just so fed up with the lousy customer service. I can't believe I let them ruin another trip for her, or allowed them to make me feel like I let her down. If you just want a room, stay here. If you want customer service people who don't lie to you and do the opposite of what you ask just to get back at you, choose elsewhere.

Room Tip: My best advice is to choose a room in another motel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
General Manager I, Manager at Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We can understand how the frustrations you encountered during your visit have affected your outlook of our property.

We utilize the slowest weeks of the year (December) to place rooms out of order to assure that they are in top-shape for our guests – therefore limiting some of the availability. In addition to my teams’ apology, I want to personally give my sincerest apology for this inconvenience. The lack of follow-through on our teams’ behalf is not a true representation of our customer service. Please feel free to contact me directly at ri.iadri.gm@marriott.com for assistance with future stays. Should you give us another chance; we would love to have you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days, moved to the Herndon Sheraton (weekend special and proximity to new house being readied), and came back for 3 more days despite the fact that it's 20 minutes out of the way from where I needed to be. The accomodations and service is just that good and definately worth the extra effort to stay here.

New, clean, modern, well appointed rooms, friendly staff, breakfast and dinner (aka happy hour), convenient location to shops and restaurants = great value and a happy customer!

This place gets my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the happy hour and ask for a higher floor room for potential view of the mountains...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed over for one night. OK for staying near the airport, but I don't really understand the glowing reviews. The staff was averagely helpful, the pull out bed and bedding shabby and worn -- the blanket and mattress had holes. The bathroom had a strong smell of mildew and the tub was coated with scouring power. Someone from housekeeping tapped on the door and walked into the room at 9:30 in the morning which made no sense since we were only staying for one night, so they could't clean our room until we checked out anyhow.

The rooms are spacious and the airport shuttle is convenient, but it is about a 15 minute drive from the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed her for 3 nights in the 1st week of October and I must tell you it was a very satisfactory experience. I found this place very easy and convenient, easy check in and check out, they have very good breakfast in the morning. Nice eating options as well as Wegman's & Target .

Room Tip: Rooms on the West are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dundee Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night to rest after transatlantic flight. Very we'll appointed, great rooms well equipped. Good transfer service to Dulles. Good breakfast. Located next to several restaurants and shops giving easy walk for food. Parking easy if needed. Recommended.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed here for a few days during a recent work trip. The location is great - loved having the big shopping center with lots of stores and restaurants right outside the front door. The location was very convenient to both the airport and the office. The room was spacious and felt brand new. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. Breakfast was pretty standard fare, but it filled me up just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Potomac Falls, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family and 2 large dogs stayed for 30 days this summer and we had a great stay. The people were warm and friendly. Cameron and Erica were especially great--always saying hello and inquiring how our day is going. The breakfast buffet has a wide variety of healthy items: fruit, granola, oatmeal, yogurt in addition to warm items like biscuit egg sandwiches, waffles, etc. The evening happy hour Mon-thurs was great too. The lasagna night and Salisbury steak were great comfort meals and were particularly tasty.

The pool, hottub and exercise facility were kept clean and I worked out more than I have in years because it was so convenient.

We have traveled around the world and this Residence Inn has more to offer at a better price than more expensive hotels. They get our highest recommendation. In fact, I rarely write reviews but felt compelled this time because they were THAT good. And they allow pets!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre? Share your experiences!