“Great hotel in the Dulles area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dulles
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Great hotel in the Dulles area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed here for a few days during a recent work trip. The location is great - loved having the big shopping center with lots of stores and restaurants right outside the front door. The location was very convenient to both the airport and the office. The room was spacious and felt brand new. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. Breakfast was pretty standard fare, but it filled me up just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Potomac Falls, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family and 2 large dogs stayed for 30 days this summer and we had a great stay. The people were warm and friendly. Cameron and Erica were especially great--always saying hello and inquiring how our day is going. The breakfast buffet has a wide variety of healthy items: fruit, granola, oatmeal, yogurt in addition to warm items like biscuit egg sandwiches, waffles, etc. The evening happy hour Mon-thurs was great too. The lasagna night and Salisbury steak were great comfort meals and were particularly tasty.

The pool, hottub and exercise facility were kept clean and I worked out more than I have in years because it was so convenient.

We have traveled around the world and this Residence Inn has more to offer at a better price than more expensive hotels. They get our highest recommendation. In fact, I rarely write reviews but felt compelled this time because they were THAT good. And they allow pets!

• Stayed July 2013
Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family and I have stayed here before when transitioning between countries and we were impressed once again. The shuttle service from the airport and the fact that they take pets were two very important factors for us. The rooms have always been large enough for our family (3 little kids) and extremely clean.

Another bonus are the nightly meals throughout the week! This is in addition the breakfast.

However, I most appreciated the service and help that I got from the front desk on various issues. When you are lugging around small kids, a dog and 10 checked bags, you need some help. And they bent over backward for us. We will always come here when staying near the Dulles airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Coventry, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

After two rather disappointing hotel stays (Caesar's Palace, LV & Doubletree Hotel Roanoke), our stay at the Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre was a pleasant surprise. The location was terrific for us. We came to northern VA to visit the Smithsonian Air & Space museum at Dulles Airport and do a little shopping at the area malls and outlet stores. The hotel itself was typical Residence Inn, but fairly new and well kept. The front desk staff was particularly friendly. Our room was clean, spacious and well thought out. The large LCD TV swiveled between the living area and bed. The kitchen was very well stocked with glasses, dishes, even a wine opener. They even supplied coffee, tea and popcorn! Compared to getting nickled and dimed to death at Caesar's Palace, this was a treat. Another great bonus was the Wegman's grocery store right across the parking lot. They have a terrific selection of to-go dinners that we able to enjoy at the kitchen table in our suite.

The only reason I decided not to give a full 5-stars was the breakfast and pool area. The breakfast was OK, and the staff worked hard to keep the area stocked and clean. But the food was mediocre. The eggs were rubbery and the coffee was uber-strong. For free, I guess I should not complain. The pool area was OK, but there was only four chairs for the whole room. The hot-tub seemed to be conking out and the pool itself was very cold and not super clean. These are very minor complaints and I would give 4-1/2 stars for an overall positive stay.

Room Tip: If you have business or vacation plans in the Dulles area this hotel is a great choice. However, if...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We really enjoyed the property! The suites are clean and large! Flat screens in bedroom and living room of suite. We loved having a full sized fridge and plates, etc. The room rates were cheap but we got a ton of value for our money! The breakfast was delicious and had everything we needed. They had a pack n play for the baby with sheets, etc. At the free breakfast, they had highchairs to use. Would definitely recommend! Also note, it is near lots of shopping (Target, Wegmans, etc) so it was super convenient!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here last week on a business trip. It was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very polite and friendly. Each and every individual went out of their way to help make my stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Including shuttling us down to the mall and airport!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just checked out of this hotel today and I felt like I was leaving my 2nd home. This was my first time,but I will definitely be staying there when I am in the area. My business was in Herndon and there are tons of hotels near my office, but my manager recommended it for many reasons. Its like having an apartment. Super clean, which is my # priority! Comfortable bedding and convenient setup in the full size kitchen was great. Added bonus, delicious fresh breakfast and evening reception. Surrounded by numerous restaurants and shops within walking distance and conveniently located near the major highways! This is truly a gem that gives you great value for the money! Also, the staff were really genuinely friendly, not fake forced plastic robots like other places. Kudos!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre? Share your experiences!