“Great place for families” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Dulles
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great place for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Pros:
Good weekend prices
Free comprehensive breakfast
Free coffee 24/7
Great suites with great beds and full kitchen
Clean
Nice pool facilities
Mini golf facilities
Close to shops and a small playground
Free
dinners at the managers reception every night

Cons:
Cleaning staff was spotty but we were there over Xmas.
2BR suites were small. For the same price of 2 studios you would have had a better deal.
Not luxurious but everything you could need and most of what you want
Bathrooms are a little small

Room Tip: Avoid 2 BR suite as they're kind of small. Get 2 adjoining studios.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with the family recently while sightseeing in Washington, DC. It's a 40-50 minutes drive to DC I must say but we didn't mind. The 2 bedroom hotel suite made the kids feel at home. Great stay, the family enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was equipped with a full kitchen. Very nice complimentary breakfast. The kids really enjoyed the pool and whirlpool. I even got a workout in at in their fitness room. The hotel personnel were very welcoming. The hotel is also located next to a shopping center, which was very convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

What can I say? Everything is perfect. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. They have a full kitchen in them that has dishes, pots, pans, utensils and gadgets. Everything that you need is provided. They leave microwave popcorn, tea and coffee in the suite. The beds are comfortable, linens clean, rooms are cleaner than my own house. They have breakfast every morning (hot breakfast with quality food) and on week nights (Monday through Thursday) dinner and wine/beer are also provided. There is coffee (decent coffee for a hotel) and tea always available. There is a pool, sauna, exercise room, billiard table, wii and even a putting green. There is a mini convenience store near the desk with items like medicine, beer, wine and food that is not crazy overpriced available for purchase. In addition, the hotel has plenty of parking and is located in a plaza with a Wegmans, Coldstone, Burger King and Buffalo Wild Wings all within walking distance. The hotel will even do grocery shopping for you (free of charge) and bill the groceries to your room. I stay here every time I am in the area and am never disappointed. It has gotten to the point that my fiancé and myself go to the area just to stay at the nice hotel and get away.

• Stayed December 2012
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had stayed here in 2009 already and was wondering before arrival if the condition of the place would still be ok or a little run down by now. I have to admit I didn't notice a difference to 2009 at all; everything was spotless and nicely in order. The hotel is located in a nice little shopping area; you could easily walk over to Wegmans Supermarket to stock up on groceries. I just love their deli and always get food there when I’m close to one.

Unfortunately check in was very slow although I was the only person in line and had a confirmed reservation. No idea where the problem was. The lady just seemed a bit unorganized; she also wore her name tag upside down so maybe just not her day. But after a 10 hour flight from Europe you just wish to get in your room as quickly as possible so that bothered me a bit.

Breakfast was Residence Inn standard with plenty of seating on both days (one week- and one weekend-day) and a good selection of cold and warm items.

When checking out I called down to the front desk to tell them I’m leaving (already got my bill under the door) but after nobody bothered to take the call I just left after the third try.

Overall the Residence Inn was a good experience except from the front desk personal. The location close enough to the airport and the good prices especially on weekends over-weigh that so I will probably return when flying into Dulles again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I enjoyed my 2 week stay at this Residence Inn. A great staff that goes out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable. Also, this is one of the best maintained Marriott properties I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I arrived late for my check-in but because I had called I was treated with professional accommodating customer service. My suite was so clean and beautiful. I loved how I could watch tv not only from my king sized bed but could be turned to face my living room area and full sized kitchen. I had a beautiful view from both windows but easily was able to close the window treatments to total privacy. The hotel was quiet for a weekend although it was full. The breakfast buffet was actually good. The batter for the waffle maker was empty, a mention of it and immediately more was brought out. A free Sunday newspaper was awaiting all guest in the lobby area. I requested a late check out if possible and my wish was granted with graciousness. I can't wait to return and very soon.

Room Tip: Every room appeared to have a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Pullman, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I just spent a few nights here. We moved from another hotel in Reston, and had no vehicle. The shuttle wasn't available twice when we needed it and the staff actually had taxis get us where we needed, paid for by the hotel. They checked us in early so we could go into the city and made sure we got breakfast as soon as we checked in. The facility is beautiful and the whole experience was a pleasure. We would certainly stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre? Share your experiences!