“Seriously- the best hotel I've ever stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Dulles
“Seriously- the best hotel I've ever stayed at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

What can I say? Everything is perfect. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. They have a full kitchen in them that has dishes, pots, pans, utensils and gadgets. Everything that you need is provided. They leave microwave popcorn, tea and coffee in the suite. The beds are comfortable, linens clean, rooms are cleaner than my own house. They have breakfast every morning (hot breakfast with quality food) and on week nights (Monday through Thursday) dinner and wine/beer are also provided. There is coffee (decent coffee for a hotel) and tea always available. There is a pool, sauna, exercise room, billiard table, wii and even a putting green. There is a mini convenience store near the desk with items like medicine, beer, wine and food that is not crazy overpriced available for purchase. In addition, the hotel has plenty of parking and is located in a plaza with a Wegmans, Coldstone, Burger King and Buffalo Wild Wings all within walking distance. The hotel will even do grocery shopping for you (free of charge) and bill the groceries to your room. I stay here every time I am in the area and am never disappointed. It has gotten to the point that my fiancé and myself go to the area just to stay at the nice hotel and get away.

• Stayed December 2012

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had stayed here in 2009 already and was wondering before arrival if the condition of the place would still be ok or a little run down by now. I have to admit I didn't notice a difference to 2009 at all; everything was spotless and nicely in order. The hotel is located in a nice little shopping area; you could easily walk over to Wegmans Supermarket to stock up on groceries. I just love their deli and always get food there when I’m close to one.

Unfortunately check in was very slow although I was the only person in line and had a confirmed reservation. No idea where the problem was. The lady just seemed a bit unorganized; she also wore her name tag upside down so maybe just not her day. But after a 10 hour flight from Europe you just wish to get in your room as quickly as possible so that bothered me a bit.

Breakfast was Residence Inn standard with plenty of seating on both days (one week- and one weekend-day) and a good selection of cold and warm items.

When checking out I called down to the front desk to tell them I’m leaving (already got my bill under the door) but after nobody bothered to take the call I just left after the third try.

Overall the Residence Inn was a good experience except from the front desk personal. The location close enough to the airport and the good prices especially on weekends over-weigh that so I will probably return when flying into Dulles again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I enjoyed my 2 week stay at this Residence Inn. A great staff that goes out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable. Also, this is one of the best maintained Marriott properties I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I arrived late for my check-in but because I had called I was treated with professional accommodating customer service. My suite was so clean and beautiful. I loved how I could watch tv not only from my king sized bed but could be turned to face my living room area and full sized kitchen. I had a beautiful view from both windows but easily was able to close the window treatments to total privacy. The hotel was quiet for a weekend although it was full. The breakfast buffet was actually good. The batter for the waffle maker was empty, a mention of it and immediately more was brought out. A free Sunday newspaper was awaiting all guest in the lobby area. I requested a late check out if possible and my wish was granted with graciousness. I can't wait to return and very soon.

Room Tip: Every room appeared to have a great view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Pullman, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I just spent a few nights here. We moved from another hotel in Reston, and had no vehicle. The shuttle wasn't available twice when we needed it and the staff actually had taxis get us where we needed, paid for by the hotel. They checked us in early so we could go into the city and made sure we got breakfast as soon as we checked in. The facility is beautiful and the whole experience was a pleasure. We would certainly stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stay in a lot of different hotels and a number of Residence Inns. Many are average, some are well below average. This property is top notch. This is one of the best kept properties I've ever spent the night in. Great amenities and clean facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here over Veterans day weekend when we flew into Washington Dulles because of the reviews. Just as others have said, they dispatch the suburban to pick you up, but you have to call them 1st...the nice people at travelers aid helped us do that and directed us to door/ exit 6 cross the roadway to wait under the 2H sign which is the spot where all shuttles rendezvous. Have patience because it is one of the front desk staff running out to get you..and they are 10-15 min away. We didn't rent a car and had planned on cabbing it. You don't need wheels right away since wegmans etc are right behind in the mall..if its dark as it was for us, you have to walk across the mall lot parallel to buffalo wings and cross when you see potbelly. The staff were nice enough to drive us to te air and space museum hangar the next day. Just don't depend on them for a ride back...we ended up waiting for an hour outside at the end of the day since we made the mistake of trying to take them up on the offer..we didn't want to be rude and leave in a cab which had just disgorged another tourist...but ended up doing just that. They aren't obliged to ferry us around and they don't have a dedicated driver. Luckily it was a nice day and the boys tried out their planes ( you can't escape the gift shop). We booked a two bedroom and it was spacious and clean with 2 ensuites which was handy. The pool wasn't large but ok and very quiet...ditto the whirlpool. You have a full kitchen with an oven and actually nice (NOT crappy and beaten aluminum castoffs) ss pots/pans. The breakfast buffet was a hit with the kids...especially the waffles u make ...they have cinnamon and icing sugar in proper canisters for sprinkling. The staff was always very helpful...sincerely so. We were heading downtown to stay for the next couple of days and they dropped us back at Dulles with the advice to take the 5A bus express (wait under the 2E sign near the 2H sign you needed exactly 6$ each oh and feed the bills into the machine on the bus, don't give it to the driver who smiles and keeps it) to Rosslyn station. Took a cab from there. It was easy and worked out well...and saved us a lot in cab fare. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre? Share your experiences!