“Extra nice staff, useful location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Dulles
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Extra nice staff, useful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is about 10 minutes door to door from Dulles airport, and the hotel shuttle is very dependable and safe -- not a scary mini-bus ride like so many. Staff couldn't be nicer. A nice (real) breakfast, and a small managers reception most evenings.

What was useful were the many stores close by, so if you're on a long trip and wish to avoid yet another restaurant or need something, there's a really good and accessible (walking) selection of major stores and good grocery store very nearby, but not at all right on the highway.

Nice place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband stayed here for several weeks while moving the Space Shuttle to the nearby Smithsonian annex where it is now on display. I joined him with our son who celebreated his third birthday the week we were there. From the driver of the complementary shuttle at the airport to the employees in the dining area we were made to feel at home warmly! Very clean, wonderful kitchen area fully outfitted for cooking meals etc. Wonderful daily breakfast buffet. Boarders on 28th Center, a shopping area with plenty of places to eat including a Wegmans, which is a fabulous good market with lots of gourmet food and regular groceries as well. Indoor pool, outdoor covered grilling area with tables that my husband's colleagues used for grilling a few nights during their stay.
The morning staff at breakfast came out and sang happy birthday with a "cake" they whipped up with muffens and whipped cream complete with candle. Our son was so happy when they sang to him! The maid service did a great job keeping our room clean. Wish I had that service at home! When we were there we saw a large group of guests staying who were attending a local wedding. They also seemed very happy with the accomodations. We love Residence inns!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Somewhere in VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel is normally my getaway for a quick, quite retreat away from home, stayed here at least 8 times or more; However, this past weekend I was a little disappointed. I celebrated my birthday here with a few friends, needless to say going to the jacuzzi/pool wasn't fun at all. The jets/bubbles in the jacuzzi wasn't working and the water looked very dingy, wasn't even hot in temperature. The pool was not in our favor either, so I called the front desk to bring us towels because there was none, it took every minute of the thirty we waited...good thing is was 100 degrees outside, we dried off quicker out there. Another issue was housekeeping who overlooked the sign on the door "recharging come back later" or something to that affect, she used her key opened our doors and startled us, out of our sleep...but she insist on communicating with me, when I told her to check the sign on the door...I then finally said 'get out' not to be rude, but my sign on the door from marriott says to come back later...geez! Other than those two situations, I'm always quite pleased about staying at this hotel, adjacent to the shopping mall with Buffalo wild wings, target, wegmans and an array of other stores. I always get a fireplace room which makes the experience much better. They have a barbecue area, putt putt golf, and poot table that we put to good use for the weekend. I'll be here again soon, because I can overlook the minor issues and know that my stay will be better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is excellent. The location is very convenient to Dulles Airport and there are many amenities very close by. There is a Target and Wegmens grocery store in the same complex as the hotel and you do not have drive to get a good meal (Wegmans). The hotel feels new and very modern with a great breakfast area and very attentive staff. The rooms were very clean and typical size for a residence inn. If you are working close to this hotel, anywhere in Sterling or Ashburn then you should be good here. If you have to spend too much time on 28 then it can be problematic. I would not recommend staying here if you have to go to Chantilly or even Herndon as you will spend a good amount of time on 28 in the morning. If you know the back roads then you will fine but 28 gets bad in the morning starting around 7:30ish. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reading, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed 6 nights here in May 2012. This is one of the newer Residence Inns and so is noticeably smarter than some. It has a nice pool, gym and barbecue area and is right opposite a small shopping mall with places to eat. I was pleased to see that they use proper crockery and silverware for breakfast, rather than the plastic variety which some Residence Inns use. The choice of cooked breakfast was limited to eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, but as I only ever have cereal and the excellent Marriott waffles, I was happy. Despite being so close to the airport there was very little aircraft noise however the aircon and refrigerator in my room were noisy. The maid did her job impeccably every day. They serve complimentary light meals of variable quality on weekday evenings, but if you don't fancy that there are some places to eat close by, such as a large sports bar, a Pei Wei Asian Diner and a Wegmans, and of course if you get in the car you can get just about anything. They do your shopping for you for no extra charge and there's beer and wine in the little shop by the front desk. I would definitely go back there if I were in the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have stayed at this property twice, and on both occassions have experienced nothing but the best in customer service. The staff definitely strive to please, and Sparkle who attended to our requests at the desk put a sparkle in our day! I The hotel is clean and well maintained, very conveniently located, and right in the midst of food and shopping options. I also appreciate the fact that my requests for an upgrade as a Platinum member were honored cheerfully. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed for three nights at the Residence Inn at Dulles Airport primarily because of favorable reviews, and our good experience there validated those earlier reviews. The hotel is convenient to Highway 28, to restaurants and shops and to the airport. The rooms are well decorated, the staff has a positive can do attitude, and the breakfast buffet was well stocked. Very pleasant and agreeable surroundings. And it didn't hurt to be upgraded into a larger suite upon arrival. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side are sunny, but noisier due to the traffic on route 28. Ask for a corner...