“My normal getaway in the area, but a little disappointed this time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Dulles
Somewhere in VA
“My normal getaway in the area, but a little disappointed this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel is normally my getaway for a quick, quite retreat away from home, stayed here at least 8 times or more; However, this past weekend I was a little disappointed. I celebrated my birthday here with a few friends, needless to say going to the jacuzzi/pool wasn't fun at all. The jets/bubbles in the jacuzzi wasn't working and the water looked very dingy, wasn't even hot in temperature. The pool was not in our favor either, so I called the front desk to bring us towels because there was none, it took every minute of the thirty we waited...good thing is was 100 degrees outside, we dried off quicker out there. Another issue was housekeeping who overlooked the sign on the door "recharging come back later" or something to that affect, she used her key opened our doors and startled us, out of our sleep...but she insist on communicating with me, when I told her to check the sign on the door...I then finally said 'get out' not to be rude, but my sign on the door from marriott says to come back later...geez! Other than those two situations, I'm always quite pleased about staying at this hotel, adjacent to the shopping mall with Buffalo wild wings, target, wegmans and an array of other stores. I always get a fireplace room which makes the experience much better. They have a barbecue area, putt putt golf, and poot table that we put to good use for the weekend. I'll be here again soon, because I can overlook the minor issues and know that my stay will be better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is excellent. The location is very convenient to Dulles Airport and there are many amenities very close by. There is a Target and Wegmens grocery store in the same complex as the hotel and you do not have drive to get a good meal (Wegmans). The hotel feels new and very modern with a great breakfast area and very attentive staff. The rooms were very clean and typical size for a residence inn. If you are working close to this hotel, anywhere in Sterling or Ashburn then you should be good here. If you have to spend too much time on 28 then it can be problematic. I would not recommend staying here if you have to go to Chantilly or even Herndon as you will spend a good amount of time on 28 in the morning. If you know the back roads then you will fine but 28 gets bad in the morning starting around 7:30ish. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reading, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed 6 nights here in May 2012. This is one of the newer Residence Inns and so is noticeably smarter than some. It has a nice pool, gym and barbecue area and is right opposite a small shopping mall with places to eat. I was pleased to see that they use proper crockery and silverware for breakfast, rather than the plastic variety which some Residence Inns use. The choice of cooked breakfast was limited to eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, but as I only ever have cereal and the excellent Marriott waffles, I was happy. Despite being so close to the airport there was very little aircraft noise however the aircon and refrigerator in my room were noisy. The maid did her job impeccably every day. They serve complimentary light meals of variable quality on weekday evenings, but if you don't fancy that there are some places to eat close by, such as a large sports bar, a Pei Wei Asian Diner and a Wegmans, and of course if you get in the car you can get just about anything. They do your shopping for you for no extra charge and there's beer and wine in the little shop by the front desk. I would definitely go back there if I were in the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have stayed at this property twice, and on both occassions have experienced nothing but the best in customer service. The staff definitely strive to please, and Sparkle who attended to our requests at the desk put a sparkle in our day! I The hotel is clean and well maintained, very conveniently located, and right in the midst of food and shopping options. I also appreciate the fact that my requests for an upgrade as a Platinum member were honored cheerfully. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed for three nights at the Residence Inn at Dulles Airport primarily because of favorable reviews, and our good experience there validated those earlier reviews. The hotel is convenient to Highway 28, to restaurants and shops and to the airport. The rooms are well decorated, the staff has a positive can do attitude, and the breakfast buffet was well stocked. Very pleasant and agreeable surroundings. And it didn't hurt to be upgraded into a larger suite upon arrival. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side are sunny, but noisier due to the traffic on route 28. Ask for a corner...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a great property! It's close and convenient to a small shopping area that has just about everything you would need or want and it's just minutes from Dulles airport. The hotel also provides a free shuttle service upon request. The rooms are clean and well appointed and since I feel Residence Inn's are primarily designed for traveler's spending several nights in a location, traveler's with children, and business traveler's, the fully stocked kitchen was a plus. They'll even get you groceries, simply by filling out the form they provide for you. A full breakfast is available daily, as is dinner during the week, Monday thru Thursday. The property also has an indoor pool and spa, exercise room, laundry facilities, as well as a business center with free Wi-Fi, free in-room Wi-Fi, a game room, and daily newspapers. The staff were professional, friendly, and eager to help. I would definitely consider staying at this property in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Barboursville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I travel to DC frequently and I have been looking for a hotel I could call home, this place is it. The location is close to my office and easy to access from 28. There are restaurants close by just in case you don't want to eat the free dinner! The room was clean and spacious as was the rest of the hotel. The exercise room was pretty small but it gets the job done. I'll be back here for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre? Share your experiences!