“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Bishkek
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

First time eating there and pleasantly surprised. It was busy, we were seated fast, our server was very attentive and prompt and the food was delicious. Fairly priced (for an airport!!) Will return on my next trip. Harry's Tap Room lost a customer and Max & Erma's gained one :-)

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

PA
“Excellent Cheeseburger and French Fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

On Sunday November 10, 2013 at 5pm I purchased a Starbucks hot chocolate at Washington Dulles International Airport near gate B71. I took the hot chocolate into Max & Erma’s. The restaurant was not crowded and I sat on a bench at a table where I could place my purse, backpack and carry-on bag. I liked the music playing, although a touch loud, perhaps to counter the two TVs at the bar playing USA vs. Brazil soccer and a football game. Jonathan, the waiter, was pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed an excellent 10-oz hand-formed well-done cheeseburger with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and pickle chip, and excellent freshly cooked French Fries ($11.01). It was served on a nice white china plate.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Culpeper, VA
“Attitude Stinks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My significant other and I were looking for a quick breakfast before boarding our flight. We spotted this place, looked briefly at the menu and decided to give it a shot. We both ordered a pre-designed breakfast. The waiter was cordial. The food came out and it was good. Nothing exceptional but good. As we finished our meals, my SO asked me, "Don't we get potatoes with this breakfast?" I didn't think so but I got up and looked at the menu by the entrance and sure enough it called for potatoes. We had to leave and we were finished. I asked the waiter what happened to the potatoes. He didn't have an answer. He then said, "You want potatoes?" I said not now we had to leave but you can adjust the price to account for not providing what the menu called for. This is where I became upset. He looked at us and said, "You refused the potatoes, so there will be no price adjustment." I was shocked. We didn't refuse when we originally ordered. If we had told them to hold the potatoes then I could accept paying full price. The cook and waiter, who should be familiar with the menu, forgot it, not the customer. Since the waiter had such an attitude, I adjusted his tip -- downward. After two weeks, I had not heard from the franchise at the airport, but I did finally hear from the corporate office. Not much they could do to "make it right." I was not impressed with the help or an even less impressed that after an email the franchise owner refused to call and offer any kind of explanation.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Breakfast Review.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Bacon, eggs, and fruit were perfectly cooked and served in a timely manner. Waiter was there when needed. He sat me next to the electrical outlet - knew exactly where it was. Good spot for those who stress about missing flight.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, VA
“Not worth the $$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had the choice of a few fast food places, including Five Guys, to choose from, but decided to try this place since it was a sit down restaurant. I could not have been more disappointed. While the server was pleasant and tried to have fun with his customers, it got a little tiresome and intrusive after a while.

As for the food, I could have gotten the same or better burger at Five Guys for half the cost.

Don't waste your money.